Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"The way I see it a car enthusiast is somebody who is enthusiastic and interested about the motor car in all its various shapes and forms from supercars to East German 2-strokes made of cardboard. Everyone else is merely a car elitist IMO." ~ Captain 70's

Get out of my way! I have photocopiers to sell! ~ Perc

"A computer is a Lite-Brite for bad fucking ideas."

FinalGear's Dash-Stroking Whore

Comment

...Because Floriderp.
      Where are we going and why are we in a handbasket?

Comment

Saw Mastodon live yesterday night, amazing show. It was my first time seeing them live, these guys are awesome, so much energy!

I usually never go see live bands by myself, but after missing Opeth and Gojira last year because all my friends decided to pass, I promised myself I would now go by myself if it came down to that. I'm glad I did.

Setlist:
        The Last Baron
        Sultan's Curse
        Divinations
        Crystal Skull
        Ancient Kingdom
        Bladecatcher
        Black Tongue
        Colony of Birchmen
        Ember City
        Megalodon
        Andromeda
        Oblivion
        Show Yourself
        Precious Stones
        Roots Remain
        Crack the Skye
        Chimes at Midnight
        Mother Puncher
        Steambreather

Good mix of older stuff and their latest album.
        - Alright you Primitive Screwheads, listen up! You see this? This... is my BOOMSTICK!

Comment

Originally posted by RdKetchup View Post
          I usually never go see live bands by myself, but after missing Opeth and Gojira last year because all my friends decided to pass, I promised myself I would now go by myself if it came down to that. I'm glad I did.
          I never went to shows at all until last year mainly because, while I liked music, I never felt the need to see artists live plus got the impression that the recorded version was better. That and I didn't have anyone to go with.

Ended up falling in love with a particular band (Neck Deep) and decided that I should tackle my social anxiety at the same time and go see them live.

Best. Decision. Ever. - once there I realized that no one really cares what you do/if you're alone and if they do, fuck em and have fun. They were great live as well.

Since then I've been to 5 shows alone (sorta - I went to New Found Glory's 20th anniversary tour: a high school classmate and I realized we were both at the same show - never ended up hanging with him because I prefer watching from the balcony when possible but we spotted each other and chatted) and have no regrets.

Turns out that a friend of another FG member and I are also big pop-punk fans so we became fast friends and have plans to see Neck Deep together in January. It'll be interesting to see what I prefer - going it alone or not?
          "The way I see it a car enthusiast is somebody who is enthusiastic and interested about the motor car in all its various shapes and forms from supercars to East German 2-strokes made of cardboard. Everyone else is merely a car elitist IMO." ~ Captain 70's

Get out of my way! I have photocopiers to sell! ~ Perc

"A computer is a Lite-Brite for bad fucking ideas."

FinalGear's Dash-Stroking Whore

Comment

This is completely different to anything you've ever heard before:

Final Gear around the world care package
            discussion | photos | spreadsheet | map

Comment

It's been a while since a song's brought tears to me eyes. I've always loved the original of the Black Sabbath song, and part of this video that "does it" for me is the reminder that he's recently gone (R.I.P.).

Last edited by NecroJoe; December 16th, 2017, 11:45 PM.
              There is no such thing as a stupid question.* *but there are a lot of inquisitive idiots.

Comment

Originally posted by IceBone View Post
                This is completely different to anything you've ever heard before:

It reminds me of an Einsturzende Neubauten show, but if they were druids.
                There is no such thing as a stupid question.* *but there are a lot of inquisitive idiots.

Comment

I SAID COMPLETELY DIFFERENT!

Final Gear around the world care package
                  discussion | photos | spreadsheet | map

Comment

I hate his mustache, he's a terrible lip/finger sync-er, and I wish I could understand the lyrics coming out of his much mouth.

That said, I dig the song, and think the video is simple, but pretty cool.

Comment

Comment

Working...
                      X