SOAD's new albums

Viper007Bond

Chicken Nugget Connoisseur
STAFF MEMBER
Car(s)
2008 Dodge Viper, 2006 MB CLS55 AMG
So I guess System of a Down is coming out with 2 new albums. According to their website, disc one, "Mezmerize", comes out May 17th with the other album, "Hypnotize", coming out late this fall.

I discovered all of this when I heard a song on the radio that sounds totally like SOAD, but they didn't say, so it could be a sound-alike band. Song sounded great though.

Anyway, anyone else totally pumped for these CDs? :thumbsup:

I'll guess I'll buy it, I was kinda dissappointed about "Steal this album", but that was B-sides right? I'm hoping they'll make a better album than Toxicity, which I found a little uneven.
Anyone seen these guys live? They're playing on an open-air festival in Oslo this summer and I'm considering buying tickets.

I really enjoyed Toxicity, not a massive SOAD fan (even though I have all their CDs), but they are definately one of the best live bands ever.

I have a distinct surreal memory of them playing at Leeds Festival of Rock not so long ago, and the barrier that holds back the crowd broke. So for the rest of the set, there was this constant clanging sound as the stewards tried to hammer the barrier back in place. It was fantastic and really added to the show (for some strange reason). System were really co-operative and didn't play again until the crowd moved back (which they did surprisingly quickly). The whole experience sounded like the beginning of Dumbo, where they're constructing the tent, it was really damned cool :D

Toxicity was decent but it nowhere near as good as their original self-titled album. Personally, I think they should drop Rick Rubin and try an album with a new producer.

Look at my sig. *cough* ^_^