Random Thoughts... [Entertainment Edition]

Reviews say its alright. We have a thread here as well.

Also depends on what you don't like with the GTA series. You don't like the open world structure? Then you might not like this. You don't like the hand to hand combat? Then you might love this. ;)

I've listened to it many times before, but it's only now that I realise what a good album Daft Punk's Discovery is o_O

lulwut?

Urban based animal survival genre... Since when was that a genre?! :lol:

Ok I played 2 hours of Saints Row 3. It suggest high everything, but at 720p. It runs fine, not sure it's even worth trying in 1080. It's not exactly a pretty game.
I always thought it looked like a weird GTA 4 mod.... and, I think I was right. The vehicles are floaty and don't feel right. Can you die? Infinite ammo.

It's alight though.

Try playing on hard, you can certainly die and ammo becomes more of an issue. But that's not really the point of the game :lol:

The vehicle handling is terrible but mercifully better than previous Saints Row games.

What a great theme this was

[video=youtube;xYS-7mqpc7w]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xYS-7mqpc7w[/video]

Just finished watching The Wire in its entirety. Epic stuff.

Just watched the first episode of Kyoryu Sentai Zyuranger, a Japanese tv show which was made in 1993 and would go on to have its footage altered by American networks into becoming the first season of Mighty Morphin Power Ranger (yes, I admit watching Power Rangers when I was younger. But I did have one huge crush on the actress who played Kimberly).
It was weird hearing the characters in their original footage and the yellow ranger speaking with a male voice but the show despite its low production values was still a lot of fun. It's just a shame to see how the American networks completely butchered the original version and changed so many elements. The biggest noticeable change is the violence. When Bandora (or MMPRs Rita Repulsa) lays siege to a city, people are shown getting killed and crushed under falling buildings. Something that you wouldn't have seen on American tv then or even now.

[video=youtube;-yRNXFhboBI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-yRNXFhboBI&feature=g-all-xit[/video]

This DOES NOT deserve its own thread and I don't see a general star wars thread. Holy shit, why would they do this, this looks fucking horrible. Go die in a fire Lucas.

If it wasn't based on anything, I think it'd actually be cool :p

Just got three movies on DVD:

Ronin: From what I've heard on here and from others, I am pretty sure I'm going to like this one :D

Drive: Heard more mixed things, I think I'll like it though

Le Mans: Seen it already and one of my all time favorites. It just wasn't part of my collection for some reason. Now I've fixed that.

Ronin is awesome, it's proof that Jean Reno is the only French person worth evacuating when we nuke the place :p

Last edited: