Random Thoughts... [Entertainment Edition]

I know and shut up, quit ruining that possible shadow of a chance from the glimmer of thought he talked about! :lol:

might be internet rumour, but afaik his wife died and he decided to be a good dad and quit the business to raise his kids.

yup, from IMDB:
Following the death of his wife in 1991, the difficulty of raising their two children on his own, and his increasing disenchantment with Hollywood, Moranis retired from acting in 1997. He had intended the retirement to be a sabbatical of a couple of years, but later realized that he didn't miss the pressure. He still does occasional voice work.

Last edited:
After being very dubious of Dying Light, I progressed to playing it for an hour or two off a torrented version, to playing it every free minute I have, to giving up and buying it on Steam.

I know this is a conversation for another thread, and I'll bet it was a fun event...and I won't deny that I'm sure it's entertaining to be at a show like that...I just...I just can't get into paying money to go see this type of music "performed" live. And I've been to lots of electronica-type shows, but there were always multiple musicians with some sort of instrument being played that you could see. I've been to clubs where really skilled DJs were performing, and the only reason it felt different than when they just play pre-recorded music was that there were more people there...which I'll admit is likely a big part of the draw.

Just...a little guy bouncing back and forth behind a desk covered in equipment I can't see, who once every 3-4 minutes pics up a mic and yells "Are we gonna do this right tonight?" and "I can't hear you!"

Keep in mind that this is coming from a guy who spent much of his live music performance attendance at industrial shows, so there was almost always an element of electronica.

Edge of Alaska, if this show is real then they all need punching in the face.

I haven't watched it but from the adverts it seems like they spend most of the time complaining about how tough it is, despite having chosen to move there.

Silly peoples thought it would be easy and complain when it isn't for the drama. Putting the reals in the reality show...

Its been a while since I've marathoned The Office US. (Not the pilot, obviously)

You forget how great it is.

Netflix is weird, some episodes have a couple of minutes of extra scenes. But this scene has been deleted on both Netflix and dvd, you can only see it on youtube or a TV rip.

This is more offensive and still exists.

If that Redmayne kid with his stupid hair and swollen mouth from sucking too many dicks wins over Keaton I will fucking murder someone.

I liked both Birdman and The Theory of Everything (the former more that the latter, but still)

Was listening to a podcast where they mentioned how great it would be if Jason Statham's character in Fast and Furious 7 was actually Chev Chelios from Crank.

That would make for an insane movie.

Playing BF3 for the last month, just got back to BF4, it is so utterly shit comparatively...

Playing BF3 for the last month, just got back to BF4, it is so utterly shit comparatively...

I also just got back into BF3 after months of not playing it. I forgot just how good it is.

Also, why the hell did I wait so long to get a Spotify account? This thing is my life now. :lol:

You know whats better than BF3?

You know what's better than Battlefield 1942?

I'm just starting episode 21, and I can't tell you how much I'm enjoying Attack on Titan. It's truly unlike anything else I've seen. I think it's worth noting that I don't watch anything remotely close to anime (heck, I don't even know if this is technically "anime".)

Edit: damn...no new episodes until 2016? That makes NecroJoe sad. :(

Last edited:
It is anime, in every sense of the word. But it dodges a lot of the tropes anime tends to fall into, as well as having a unique and bizarre setting.

Try Psycho-Pass while you're at it :)