Random Thoughts... [Entertainment Edition]

The Simpsons can't catch a break.

First Marcia Wallace dies, Harry Shearer leaves and now Maggie Roswell (Helen Lovejoy, Miss Hoover, Luann Van Houten, Maude Flanders) has been diagnosed with cancer.

image.jpg1_zpsfqvlbw8y.jpg

image.jpg2_zpshowqsecb.jpg

image.jpg3_zpsyzkzdanw.jpg

Her roles have been handed off once before to Marcia Mitzman Gaven during the brief pay dispute that kept Roswell off the show from Seasons 11 through 14.

I forgot how fucking stupid NCIS is, somehow I'm watching episode 3 of the day. :/

I followed the show religiously for the first seven seasons or so, but after that it deteriorated so much that I finally gave up on it in season 10 or 11...

I followed the show religiously for the first seven seasons or so, but after that it deteriorated so much that I finally gave up on it in season 10 or 11...

Universal Channel... No idea this existed, anyway its an NCIS 3 day weekend. Its series 5.

Who knew....

A few trailers I found hilarious and am looking forward to... not sure if they deserve their own threads though

Yes.

Nichelle Nichols, Star Trek's Uhura, suffered stroke

Nichelle Nichols, 82, suffered a mild stroke last night. From her Facebook page:

Nichelle Nichols has had both a CAT scan and an MRI today. The CAT scan came back negative and we are awaiting the results from the MRI. Currently she is awake, eating, in good spirits and able to have full conversations. Her right side has shown minor signs or mobility loss but she is not showing any signs of paralyses.
We greatly appreciate all of the love and support her fans are showing at this time.

So I walked past this poster several times in tube tunnels in London yesterday:

mr_holmes.jpg

This resulted in me wanting to watch it. Unfortunately I won't be in the UK for much longer, so I won't be able to see it. With that in mind I checked when it would show in Norway. Turns out that it doesn't even have a premiere date there.

And the movie industry wonders why people pirate stuff? Fuck me.

Holywood is making a remake of Point Break? I thought they did one already, and it was called The Fast and The Furious...

Point Break Point Two?

Also this

Not sure if good or awful

Last edited:
Any chance someone could get a rip of Battlebots tonight on ABC? it's on at 9|8c, I'd find a stream but it'll be 2am here when it starts. :lol:

Last edited:
Went to see Derren Brown's new show Miracle at the local theatre tonight, very impressive indeed. It doesn't matter if you can explain everything he does, the way he does it is still impressive. :)

It is Independence Day.

Anyone here already watched Terminator Genisys? Maybe i will watch it this wednesday because i'm a big Terminator fan but a friend already watched and told me he hated the movie...

Is it that bad?