Random Thoughts... [Entertainment Edition]

Apparently they're going to make Cars 3

[video=youtube;E4K7JgPJ8-s]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E4K7JgPJ8-s[/video]

Geez...WTF is that?
"Cars Begins"?
Now after they re-made every superhero movie in a gritty, dark version, is it time we have dark, gritty remakes of cartoons too? :lol:

I actually came up with the same theory as Autoblog (independently), but they put it more elegantly so I will post that instead

So here's my theory: McQueen crashes, has whatever qualifies as a near-death experience for an anthropomorphic car, and then gets rebuilt ? Six Million Dollar Man-style ? with an electric powertrain, maybe even some kind of hybrid. Then he's able to beat those pesky EV newcomers and everything is right in the Cars universe again.

http://www.autoblog.com/2016/11/21/first-cars-3-trailer-crash-ev-theory/

Last edited:
So, my trusty over 30 year old Marantz PM 200 decided to give in a few days ago. Classic signs of aged electronics - uneven output between channels, distorted playback when warming up, and sadly, not even remotely valuable enough to warrant a full recon.

Thus, I had to get a replacement. First I thought about a reconditioned, warrantied Braun Regie unit:
348-a-big.jpg

Priced at only 330 Euro at a local shop. But I figured that classic cars and a classic bicycle are enough maintenance for one lifetime and going factory fresh is the way.

After setting an rather arbitrary budget of 400 Euros, I thought about getting an NAD C316BEE at first, but figured out I'd need an external phono preamp for that, which would set me back another 100 bucks.

Then I found a screaming deal on the outgoing Marantz PM6005:
61hkImVNqgL._SL1355_.jpg

"Only" 389 Euros. The successing model (aptly named the PM6006) is priced at just below 500 Euros, so I call that a win. Not really a fan of the design, especially compared to the NAD, but with audio equipment, it's sound first, looks second.
Thanks to Prime, it'll arrive tomorrow...

Last edited:
I actually came up with the same theory as Autoblog (independently), but they put it more elegantly so I will post that instead

That makes a lot of sense.

That would be because it was awfull.....

I haven't seen it in years, I doubt it holds up... But, im gonna watch it tomorrow.

It is amusing for 90 minutes.

It's action movie with some good stunts.just don't think about it to much.

I think it's one of Arnies worst movies, I even seem to remember it ended his first career....

Doc, what are you smoking, and where can I get some?

I must confess I enjoyed spending the night binging all four "Gilmore Girls: A Year in Life" parts very much. Some minor criticisms and one totally unnecessary meta plotline, but all in all a very uplifting TV experience.

But I guess I am the only one on here who watched it (or at least publicly commits to having done so)...

Last edited:
I must confess I enjoyed spending the night binging all four "Gilmore Girls: A Year in Life" parts very much. Some minor criticisms and one totally unnecessary meta plotline, but all in all a very uplifting TV experience.

But I guess I am the only one on here who watched it (or at least publicly commits to having done so)...

Honestly, I loved that show :D
haven't watche the last few seasons though, kind of fell out of it I guess. But we'll probably check out this thing!