Random Thoughts... [Entertainment Edition]

I'm guessing Dexter. If that's the case, and he never watched it before, I can only look forward to his total breakdown when he sees the shows finale :lol:

Last edited:
The Gilmore Girls finale (of the Netfilx continuation), on the other hand, was pitch-perfect.

The new Baywatch movie looks like it'll easily be one of the worst movies if the year.

The Long Dark is a bloody unforgiving game. And yet I can't stop playing it.

Juts got back from vacation. We stayed in one day because of the weather and watched TV. Caught some Geordie Shore while flipping channels..... When I become ruler of the world, I'm going to have all those people publicly executed to set an example for the people.

Just watched Dara O'Briain's Crowd Tickler show on the BBC, recorded last year. Great show but maybe not the best time to broadcast something where Dara has a dig at Carrie Fisher's acting in Return of the Jedi. Bad timing...

I don't recall the last time I thought about a movie I wanted to watch, checked Netflix, and found it.

I have that same thing happen a lot. Same with Prime.

I have Netflix and NowTV. My kodi box has everything, I watched the sexist episode of Batman yesterday...

Last edited:
I was hoping to go to the movies and see the new Underworld movie over the new year weekend. It was released here on December 1. So on December 20 I went looking for session times. It's no longer showing. I found one place showing it, for one session only, at 9.30am on a Monday. It was nowhere near me, so that was useless, but who the hell goes to the movies at 9.30am?

Obviously for it to be all but done within a month, it clearly didn't do very well. Apparently even Kate Beckinsale in a PVC catsuit couldn't lure in the viewers...

Apparently they're going to make Cars 3

[video=youtube;E4K7JgPJ8-s]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E4K7JgPJ8-s[/video]

No Mater so far...we're good.

How many good movies were the basis of a good TV show? How many are terrible? The reverse can also be said.

MASH is a good example. The TV show is different from the movie in many ways, but still firmly based on the original.

[video=youtube;x9T-9fZn_oA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x9T-9fZn_oA[/video]

WAT.

Reviving a series after that many years? Talk about desperately pressing every cent out of a brand name. With a post scriptum I know should be avoided since... well, Babylon 5, Buffy and various others. Plus the series has already jumped the shark in season 4, perhaps even season 3 already. And the sad thing? I will watch it regardless.

Anyone have any recommendations for pixel-style, Mega Man-esque* PC platformers?

*meaning the game play, not necessarily the character design.

Last edited: