Random Thoughts... [Entertainment Edition]

Wow, Valve just killed TF2. Enjoy the wave of hackers and cheaters now that the game is free.

Well, guess I won't be playing that again unless it's at a LAN party.

I'm thinking of using my Xbox controller to play PC games. Is there any difference, in terms of performance, between buying a wireless adapter and buying a wired controller? Are there any interference issues with the wireless adapter if the Xbox itself is only a few feet away?

I use a wired Logitech Chillstream. I don't know about the wireless ones, but I presume that if you go that way, the Microsoft 360 controller is the only way to go.

The only problem with the wireless reciever is that it's notorious for suddenly breaking. It draws too much power or something. There's no interference issues since you have to sync wireless controllers. There's absolutely no issues with a wireless controller though, plus they're good when you're too lazy to change batteries. :lol:

Last edited:
I just bought a new wired XBOX controller too. Got it for $15 as a closeout and it came with the drivers and everything.

I'm thinking of using my Xbox controller to play PC games. Is there any difference, in terms of performance, between buying a wireless adapter and buying a wired controller? Are there any interference issues with the wireless adapter if the Xbox itself is only a few feet away?

That's what I use, the only issue would be syncing them back and forth. Also as others have said, MS hardware reliability but that's unavoidable.

I have a Razer Onza Tourney. It defnitely feels a lot different from a MS controller because the handles are sort of molded instead of just smooth on the back, either you can get over that or you won't like it at all. Other than that it's awesome, mechanical switches and adjustable tension sticks and shoulder buttons you can hit with the side of your hand while keeping your fingers on the triggers. I get messed up over where start and back are if I switch between it and an MS controller :lol:

Anyone who's looking to get easy PS3 trophies, play The Sly Collection (collection of all 3 Sly Cooper games). I got my first platinum with Sly 1 (didn't play the other 2 yet) and it was a breeze. :mrgreen:

Is anyone else getting repeated emails from Valve about validating access to Steam on new computers? At first I thought someone cracked my password, but I'm still getting the emails after changing it. :(

Is anyone else getting repeated emails from Valve about validating access to Steam on new computers? At first I thought someone cracked my password, but I'm still getting the emails after changing it. :(

It's a new thing can can be turned off somewhere. Unless you're not actually using Steam on new computers? Either way it can be turned off once you're sure you're not compromised.

First playthrough of Deus Ex (got up to the Mole People): Okay, it's not bad, but I don't see why this game is so revered...

Five hours into Deus Ex (after a reinstall), at the beginning of the first Hong Kong mission: Now, I think I why. Now it's getting good...

Also, I just had this crazy idea for a offshore powerboat sim. Could you imagine the co-op multiplayer? (One guy steers, other controls the throttle.)

Last edited:
Also, I just had this crazy idea for a offshore powerboat sim. Could you imagine the co-op multiplayer? (One guy steers, other controls the throttle.)

Better get on that! Imagine the sales, everyone's going to want it! We'll make [german street sweeper sim] look exciting in comparison! Train sim fans will finally know what they're missing in their sims, a complete lack of anything to look at! Amazing!

/obviously a giant fan of sims, they're so much more intriguing than games

/can't stop the sarcasm

First playthrough of Deus Ex (got up to the Mole People): Okay, it's not bad, but I don't see why this game is so revered...

Five hours into Deus Ex (after a reinstall), at the beginning of the first Hong Kong mission: Now, I think I why. Now it's getting good...

It starts off slow but is an amazing game, I spill my drink! Denton is one of the best characters in a video game ever

On a side note covert affairs quality varies, most weeks it's ok this week sucked