Random Thoughts... [Entertainment Edition]

Black Mirror Series 3 Episode 1..............................................................

I can't fucking watch this. I've never experienced so much anxiety in one episode before.

Last edited:
I've watched the first season, and based on comments over the internet, I expected to be shocked and disguisted and whatnot.
While the premise is interesting in every ep, and gives you something to think about, it wasn't that shocking. Which is not a bad thing, it's still a good show.

That first ep though, eww :D

I've watched the first season, and based on comments over the internet, I expected to be shocked and disguisted and whatnot.
While the premise is interesting in every ep, and gives you something to think about, it wasn't that shocking. Which is not a bad thing, it's still a good show.

That first ep though, eww :D

Yeah, I posted herE about that first episode because I started watching the show based on someone's "Liked Stranger Things? Check out..." recommendation, and I was all "WTF, dude?!?!?"

I've liked most every other episode, even though the "twists" have not caught me off guard once.

Honestly I think with Series 3 it's becoming my favourite show now. :) Just finished Episode 4. Now that was something special... :eek:

Last edited:
Must be talking about the 2016 US presidential election.

I went to see Die Lokalmatadore in Essen on Friday. I've seen them before in Berlin and thus knew that, lowbrow punk rock act or not, they are one of the best (or at least: most entertaining) live acts I've ever seen. Sadly, they also support Schalke 04, which is the wrong club from the soccer-obsessed Ruhr area. Over here in Berlin, this affiliation, like the whole subject of football, only was relevant for some of their lyrics, like their classic "Fu?ball, Ficken, Alkohol" (I don't think I'll have to translate that).

Boy, was I in for a surprise. This video basically shows how the audience spent all of the run-up to the gig:
(translation, if needed: "BVB - sons of whores")

The soccer fandom pushed the "local hero" status of the Lokalmatadore to a new level. I haven't witnessing that amount of singing along and audience participation in a long time.

Here's another video or three:

the one question that has haunted every man since the '80s:
why did Lea Thompson try to do the funky chicken with Howard the Duck?
CxYiHeqUkAAE8ue.jpg

Somebody wrote her a check with lots of numbers on it.

I have never seen that movie and was supposed to the night it opened. I heard it was bad from the people that did go and see it so I just avoided it.

Oh it's worse than you can possible imagine, I rewatched it a few months ago, thinking 'well how bad could it have really have been, I must be remembering it worse than it was' .......I wasn't.

re-Watched Hot Fuzz yesterday. It was on the telly and nothing better on, I mean I like the movie, but I've seen it a couple of times already ... but at one point I spit my beer all over the floor in surprise.

skip to 2:45 Minutes for the moment or watch the whole scene ... It's quite bloody, so maybe NSFW.

#makeSandfordgreatagain

God damn it.

Last edited: