Random Thoughts... [Entertainment Edition]

Let's go to Shenanigans!

Never was there a better time for this smiley:
:motherofgod:

Just caught an old film that I hadn't seen since I was a little kid. The Mighty Ducks (1992) Not sure how many know it, but do you remember that big kid that joins the team, that can't skate, but can hit hockey pucks so hard they can lift a goalie off his feet and throw him backwards? That kid grew up to play Foggy Nelson on the Daredevil series. Elden Henson.

If anyone is interested, preorders for the SNES classic are up at Best Buy.

Several years ago, Kevin Pereira had a rant about almost the same thing. His argument is that the big media companies basically force people to pirate stuff by not having it available easily, at a reasonable price, in a decent quality, and in a form that is useable in the way the user wants to use it.

Is that why I can't get a halfway decent quality episode of The Secret Life of Machines?

You can run doom on everything, even atms. Exceptions are only really a piece of paper and cave paintings.

That's it, I've had enough. I'm flushing Amazon Music. Their terrible service is so bad that I'd rather pay ?10 a month for Google's service (that I trialled for months) than use the remainder of the 99p/4 month sub I have with them.

If the Windows app didn't crash regularly when beginning to play a track, it wouldn't be so bad.
If the Android app worked properly, it would be fine.
If the app didn't rely solely on 4G instead of caching properly like normal streaming music apps, meaning it wouldn't drop out if you go under a tree, I'd be having a much better experience.
If music would actually add to playlists in either app when instructed to do so instead of having to resort to loading up the web page to add the tracks, I'd be dancing naked in the streets. Well maybe not.

Good riddance Amazon Music, bloody garbage.

Damn. Just beat Super C without the Konami Code. Hazzah!

Saw Charlie and the Chocolate Factory on Broadway this weekend. Phenomenal show. I was a bit worried it would be gimmicky, but no, it was amazing. The original musical numbers were great. The minimalist set design was really well done. Christian Borle as Willy Wonka really hit it out the park. Highly recommended if you find your self in NYC in the near future. 15/10 starts.

Also saw Anastasia on Broadway last weekend. That one held truer to the movie and had more classic songs, but there was something a little bit off. 6.5/10 stars.

I wonder if any of the panelists on The View, in the history of the show, have ever changed their minds based on the debate on the show.

And I don't mean "realizing you're wrong, not telling anyone of your epiphany, and then suddenly try to be dismissive and change the topic".

Just in time for Halloween.

Hmm, I haven't always appreciated him, but I am told his live experience is better than the CDs.

[video=youtube;xXtDh6HD-7s]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xXtDh6HD-7s#action=share[/video]