Doctor Who

Special weapons Dalek! Multiple types of Dalek! Dalek Dalek Dalek!

Richard E. Grant has been confirmed by the BBC for this years Christmas Special. This will be the episode that introduces Jenna Louise Coleman as the new companion.

Richard E. Grant has been confirmed by the BBC for this years Christmas Special.
Isn't he close to being an Ex-Doctor himself? Apart, of course, from being Britain's most beloved unemployed actor/alcoholic bum.

Isn't he close to being an Ex-Doctor himself? Apart, of course, from being Britain's most beloved unemployed actor/alcoholic bum.

He's much like Peter Cushing in that he's played an alternate version of the Doctor. In 2003 he gave his voice to an alternate version of the Ninth Doctor. For the shows fortieth anniversary the BBC produced a online animated 6 part story called Scream of the Shalka. The story was written by future Doctor Who writer Paul Cornell (writer of 3x08: Human Nature and 3x09: The Family of Blood, he also wrote the novel upon which the script was based) and featured Sophie Okonaedo (who would go on to play Liz 10 in 5x02: The Beast Below).
He also appeared in Doctor Who: The Curse of Fatal Death which was written by Steven Moffat. The 30 minute special was produced for comic relief and he appeared as one of the Doctors alongside Rowan Atkinson, Hugh Grant, Jim Broadbent and Joanna Lumley.

Last edited:
He's much like Peter Cushing in that he's played an alternate version of the Doctor. In 2003 he gave his voice to an alternate version of the Ninth Doctor. For the shows fortieth anniversary the BBC produced a online animated 6 part story called Scream of the Shalka. The story was written by future Doctor Who writer Paul Cornell (writer of 3x08: Human Nature and 3x09: The Family of Blood, he also wrote the novel upon which the script was based) and featured Sophie Okonaedo (who would go on to play Liz 10 in 5x02: The Beast Below).
He also appeared in Doctor Who: The Curse of Fatal Death which was written by Steven Moffat. The 30 minute special was produced for comic relief and he appeared as one of the Doctors alongside Rowan Atkinson, Hugh Grant, Jim Broadbent and Joanna Lumley.

I should add that the Curse of Fatal Depth is well worth watching for any Who fan. Rowan Atkinson makes a great Who, and the script was written by none other than Stephen Moffat.

September 1st? That's earlier than I expected. o_O

(which, of course, is excellent news)

Well some were believing it was this weekend. The Daily Mail is reporting the show is airing on Saturday September 26th (which is actually a Sunday) but the vast majority are saying September 1st and given the Daily Mails reputation for trustworthy accurate articles I would believe a Dalek than them. Plus the DM article was making fun of Karen Gillans face.

Another item coming out from the media preview is that the opening episode titles will be changing with each episode to match the story of the episode.

- - - Updated - - -

September 1st? That's earlier than I expected. o_O

(which, of course, is excellent news)

Well some were believing it was this weekend. The Daily Mail is reporting the show is airing on Saturday September 26th (which is actually a Sunday) but the vast majority are saying September 1st and given the Daily Mails reputation for trustworthy accurate articles I would believe a Dalek than them. Plus the DM article was making fun of Karen Gillans face.

Another item coming out from the media preview is that the opening episode titles will be changing with each episode to match the story of the episode.

That has the potential to be great. O_O

Plus the DM article was making fun of Karen Gillans face.

That makes me want to murder someone. O_O

Thanks for the news, man. :)

Last edited:
Richard E. Grant has been confirmed by the BBC for this years Christmas Special. This will be the episode that introduces Jenna Louise Coleman as the new companion.

A quick search of Wikipedia says she has won some awards for acting. Hopefully this means no more one beat wonder.

A quick search of Wikipedia says she has won some awards for acting. Hopefully this means no more one beat wonder.

One beat wonder? Someone hold me back! Lemme at him!

In other news, Promotional Photos released for the first 3 episodes of series seven. All 20 can be found here.

005.jpg

Classic hero pose. Brilliant!

More story details released. I've spoilered them to keep story details from those who don't want to know.

7x01: Asylum Of The Daleks?by Steven Moffat
?Kidnapped by his oldest foe, the Doctor is forced on an impossible mission - to a place even the Daleks are too terrified to enter... the Asylum. A planetary prison confining the most terrifying and insane of their kind, the Doctor and the Ponds must find an escape route. But with Amy and Rory?s relationship in meltdown, and an army of mad Daleks closing in, it is up to the Doctor to save their lives, as well as the Pond?s marriage.

7x02: Dinosaurs On A Spaceship?by Chris Chibnall?
An unmanned spaceship hurtles towards certain destruction - unless the Doctor can save it, and its impossible cargo... of dinosaurs! By his side a ragtag gang of adventurers; a big game hunter, an Egyptian Queen and a surprised member of the Pond family. But little does the Doctor know there is someone else on board who will stop at nothing to keep hold of His precious, prehistoric cargo.

7x03: A Town Called Mercy?by Toby Whithouse
?The Doctor gets a Stetson (and a gun!), and finds himself the reluctant Sheriff of a Western town under siege by a relentless cyborg, who goes by the name of the Gunslinger. But who is he and what does he want? The answer seems to lie with the mysterious, Kahler-Jex, an alien doctor (yes another one!) whose initial appearance is hiding a dark secret.

I'll just leave this here.......

"Me's a cybernaut! Me's a bad man!" :lmao:

Been watching those random "Specials" where some a/b/z-vips talk about Dr.Who, kept me entertained and killed some time till S7 is actually here :)

Apparently there's a BBC America trailer going around which states that it will begin airing in the us on Saturday September 8th. Still awaiting final confirmation from the BBC.