Doctor Who

Just finished season 2 (or the first season with David Tennant) all i can say is im hooked on this show, old school Doctor Who fans may think it sucks but compared to a lot of sci fi tv out today, this show has some really good writing and stories and does a nice job of combining new elements with classic Doctor Who lore. I grew up watching random eps of the Tom Baker era Doctor Who eps on PBS in America, never enough to really get a handle on what was going on.

Definitely give the new show a thumbs up and almost put it in the same league as the new Battlestar Galactica.

Not sure if anyone say the latest Doctor Who ep 'Blink' but it was quite excellent.

Yeah, it was good. And I loved the girl who played Sally Sparrow. Next week it looks like Capt. Jack is back, so that should be awesome

Yeah, it was good. And I loved the girl who played Sally Sparrow. Next week it looks like Capt. Jack is back, so that should be awesome

I think it was pretty unanimous opinion that that Martha chick should be dumped and Sally should replace her as the Doctor's new companion. hot, chamring and smart.

Not the biggest fan ever, and I thought this season got off to a poor strat with the stupid New York story, but the last three episodes have been very, very good indeed. It's also introduced some great new heroes and villians. I hope the last three episodes match these. John Simm and Derek Jacobi both will appear so they at least should be worth watching.

About that new series... it's not playing where I live and I can't be bothered downloading it

Su-bloody-perb

The last few eps have been cracking, this last one was spot on. Fantastic writing and setting up a great couple of eps to finish :D

i love the new series of Doctor Who. missed tonight's ep but i'll catch it on demand tomorrow. some really good ideas and you can't fault the special effects they use :) really liked the crying angels ep, i can just imagine people walking down the street staring at statues until they go around a corner...

The first two series were a bit up and down but, ep 1 excepted, David Tennent's rendition and the stories recently have been excellent. I too would have like to have kept Rose - C'est la vie.

This last episode was amazing.....wow.

I've heard that Tennent and Freema have signed on for another season.

Recently I caught up with all 13 eps of Torchwood. Love Capt. Jack.

Watched the latest ep of Doctor Who. Very intense

Recently I caught up with all 13 eps of Torchwood. Love Capt. Jack.

Watched the latest ep of Doctor Who. Very intense

I'm still only halfway through Torchwood, but im downloaded Sound of Drums ep right now, hopefully i'll be able to watch it in an hour.

I liked the ending of the finale, the cliffhanger was great. I was shocked about Capt. Jack being the face of boe...it kinda makes sense and kinda doesn't.

Word is that Martha will be on Torchwood for 3 eps, and then start Dr. Who in the middle of next season. There will be another companion for the entire season though.

I think the twist about the Face of Boe was the only cool thing about the ep, great buildup the last two eps with a slightly dissapointing deus ex machina conclusion. A lot of noise from fans clamoring for a male companion this next season just to shake things up and get some of the unrequited love subplots out of the upcoming stories.

A lot of noise from fans clamoring for a male companion this next season just to shake things up and get some of the unrequited love subplots out of the upcoming stories.

Russell T Davies seems slightly obsessed with homosexuality however (just look at Torchwood) so a male companion would be unlikely to change it.

I also heard that Kylie Minogue will be on the christmas special or something.

I also heard that Kylie Minogue will be on the christmas special or something.

yeah she will, but thats just a cheap publicity stunt and shes only guest starring in that special. i have no idea what will be done with that Titanic thing, because at least two other incarnations of the doctor were also on the titanics maiden voyage.

Turns out that Catherine Tate from the last Christmas special, The Runaway bride, will be the new companion.

Turns out that Catherine Tate from the last Christmas special, The Runaway bride, will be the new companion.

Which is, in my opinion, one of the worst pieces of casting ever.

She was okay in The Runaway Bride, but only just. A lot of SHOUTING and so on.

This smacks of "Yes now we will get vast ratings and can keep selling the format overseas".

Plus, she's not Sally Sparrow :p