Doctor Who

I'll probably receive flack for this, but Karen Gillan's poor acting is starting to annoy me. The last episode was especially grating as she looked like a deer looking into the headlights most of the time.

*writes down argatoga's name on the revenge list*

I'm wondering if this is a meaningful connection or if they just recast the same actress to fuck with us.

different actress. Eye patch lady is played by Frances Barber who had not appeared in Doctor Who before her first scene in 6x02: Day of the Moon.

Matt Smith is the eleventh actor with that name to be listed on IMDB; his entry is titled "Matt Smith (XI)". There's something pleasing about that.

The last episode was especially grating as she looked like a deer looking into the headlights most of the time.

After watching DW Confidential, I can't blame her for that.

She seems quite clumsy in real life, but they gave her a real sword, made her swing off a real rope, and didn't hire any stunt doubles except for the part where she fell over. It was a real sword fight as well, none of that non-contact mock fights you have in plays. If it were me, I would have been petrified.

After watching DW Confidential, I can't blame her for that.

She seems quite clumsy in real life, but they gave her a real sword, made her swing off a real rope, and didn't hire any stunt doubles except for the part where she fell over. It was a real sword fight as well, none of that non-contact mock fights you have in plays. If it were me, I would have been petrified.

It's her actual acting. It's rare to see her see do more than two beats a scene, if that even.

tumblr_lh876wensq1qa7pfco1_500.jpg

Either this is a coincidence, or Moffat did some serious research if this does really stretch all the way back to Four.

Nah, Tom Baker is clearly the puppet master here.

It's her actual acting. It's rare to see her see do more than two beats a scene, if that even.

You obviously didn't watch DW back in the day. Karen Gillan deserves an Oscar compared to some of the older stuff!

yeah, when I watch old Dr Who I feel like I should have a couple of robot companions.

When I watch old DW I feel like going to the shed, getting out all my tools and reinforcing the really wobbly set!

You obviously didn't watch DW back in the day. Karen Gillan deserves an Oscar compared to some of the older stuff!

Oh I've watched the old stuff. Given the power I would go back in time and eliminate the actress who played Tegan.

For those following the series, it might be worth noting that next weeks episode. 6x05: The Rebel Flesh will air at the slightly later time of 6:45pm on BBC One and BBC One HD. Airings of the episode on the SPACE Channel in Canada and in the United States on BBC America are not likely to be affected.

now some goodies, here's two videos. Interviews with Neil Gaiman (writer of this weeks episode) and Suranne Jones (Ex Corrie girl who appears in this weeks episode). I've not watched the videos myself since i'm trying to keep the episode spoiler free so i don't know if anything is given away in the videos. view at your own risk.

I'm really looking forward to this weeks episode, not only because it looks to be a great story but mostly because its written by Neil Gaiman. Creator of one of my all time favorite comic book series 'The Sandman' i'm still completely astounded that he even agreed to write a episode of Doctor Who. Really high hopes for this one.

finally, some promo photos have been released for the next series of Torchwood. The show is currently likely to air in about two months (most likely in the mid-season break of Doctor Who's sixth series).
captainjackharkness.jpg

John Barrowman as Captain Jack Harkness
gwencooper.jpg

Eve Myles as Gwen Cooper
rexmatheson.jpg

Mekhi Phifer as CIA Agent Rex Matheson
oswalddanes.jpg

Bill Pullman as Oswald Danes
jillykitzinger.jpg

Lauren Ambrose as Jilly Kitzinger
rhyswilliams.jpg

Kai Owen as Rhys Williams
estherdrummond.jpg

Alex Havins as Esther Drummond
drverajuarez.jpg

Arlene Tur as Dr Vera Juarez​

UPDATE: Literally as i was putting this post together. the episode titles for Torchwood: Miracle Day have been released. Spoilered for those who don't want to know.
4x01: The New World (likely to have been written by Russell T Davies)
4x02: Rendition
4?03: Dead of Night
4?04: Escape to LA
4?05: The Categories of Life
4?06: The Middle Men
4?07: Immortal Sins
4?08: End of the Road
4?09: The Gathering
4?10: The Blood Line (again, likely to have been written by Russell T Davies)

Last edited:
I had to look her up to remind myself, but I'm with you on that one.

Oh I've watched the old stuff. Given the power I would go back in time and eliminate the actress who played Tegan.

I had to look her up to remind myself, but I'm with you on that one.

While i'm always fond of the Peter Davison years because that was the point i was first introduced to Doctor Who. i can agree with both of you on Tegan. Incredibly whiny and always annoying, even Adric was better off jumping ship to the cybermen.

Nyssa on the other hand... ooh i would love to have been in that police box with her...

I remember being emotional when Adric died, the tears of joy were hard to fight back.

finally, some promo photos have been released for the next series of Torchwood.

Bill Pullman? Mekhi Phifer? Lauren Ambrose? Did I miss something? Why are all the other characters american?