Doctor Who

UPDATE: Updated to include the BBC America HD trailer which includes a 720 and 1080 HD version of the trailer.

Last edited:
2011 Christmas Special Title revealed: "The Doctor, The Widow & The Wardrobe"

Courtesy of Tumblr:
tumblr_luvmqkrT4j1qkpbq9.gif

So is the Moff going to do this "classic Christmas tale with a twist" thing every year? :|

I must be the only one who's fine with a DW film reboot as well. In fact, I'm looking forward to it. Canon or not, it could very well be quite interesting. Given his previous work, I actually have complete faith in Yates and whoever he picks as the screenwriter.

Last edited:
OK
I have finished. I have watched all the recent episodes and read this thread and now I can continue to read this thread without spoilers. I have also by putting off this saved you all from stupid outdate questions like "why would you put a swimming pool in your time machine, and why is the swimming pool in your library in your time machine", which actually was later answered as "to catch falling people".
Now I have another like 700 episodes to watch don't I...?

Good luck finding them, a lot of them were destroyed by BBC. I watched most of what I could find on Youtube but all of those channels have been deleted/cleared by BBC.

Good luck finding them, a lot of them were destroyed by BBC. I watched most of what I could find on Youtube but all of those channels have been deleted/cleared by BBC.
Some can be bought on DVD, and I wouldn't be too surprised if some of those found their way onto torrents.

Matt Smith, Karen Gillan and Arthur Darvill are doing a live interview for the release of Doctor Who: Complete Series 6 DVD set. The interview can be watched at the BBC WorldWide YouTube Channel.

UPDATE: Interview has ended.

Last edited:
Matt Smith, Karen Gillan and Arthur Darvill are doing a live interview for the release of Doctor Who: Complete Series 6 DVD set. The interview can be watched at the BBC WorldWide YouTube Channel.

UPDATE: Interview has ended.
Boo. I picked a bad time to be productive and get my car inspected.
How odd - still if a tourist town may be useful. I hope that they did not pay too much for it.
No I think it was free, the decorative actual police box that sits in the middle of the town center on the other hand...
Oh wait. I was wrong we have TWO police boxes.
article about town police box said:
Sadly in 1983 the traffic box was demolished by a car accident. The box was carted away. Joe Cunningham, a developer in town, generously built a new box; however, because of the Route 28 road improvement it was not allowed back in the middle of the square. In 1983 the first Town Day was held, and Cunningham?s replica was brought out for the public to see. The box made its annual appearance at Town Day for the next 20 years. This replica is still in existence today. It sits at the Stevens Street Recycling Center and is used by the DPW.
The other one is at the junkyard. The junkyard in my town has a police box in it.

Oh hey, I am possibly useful because I do not see this here yet. I went on tumblr and found this, which I assume is what Matt Smith was talking about in the radio interview. Spoilers.
WHO WANTS TO BE SAD BECAUSE I AM TOTALLY SAD NOW.
also tumblr said something about otters. IDK?
You know honestly, I didn't like River much in the first appearance at the library, because without the context I was getting massive mary sueish character vibes (hinted at dating and having a serious relationship with the doctor, knows all his secrets, only one who knows his real name etc) but in all the later appearances I started to like he and get sad. I think the point that really did me in was "our time streams are reversed, we never meet in the right order. The first time we met he knew everything about me, I know one day I will look into his eyes and see nothing". So I am sad now. This is a sad show. I have to purposely punctuate it with pony distractions because FUCKING SAD.

Last edited:
I have all the old episodes, but the one that were destroyed are re-created with origonal audio and on-set photos, as well as some press photos. It's terrible.

Oh hey, I am possibly useful because I do not see this here yet. I went on tumblr and found this, which I assume is what Matt Smith was talking about in the radio interview. Spoilers.
WHO WANTS TO BE SAD BECAUSE I AM TOTALLY SAD NOW.
also tumblr said something about otters. IDK?
You know honestly, I didn't like River much in the first appearance at the library, because without the context I was getting massive mary sueish character vibes (hinted at dating and having a serious relationship with the doctor, knows all his secrets, only one who knows his real name etc) but in all the later appearances I started to like he and get sad. I think the point that really did me in was "our time streams are reversed, we never meet in the right order. The first time we met he knew everything about me, I know one day I will look into his eyes and see nothing". So I am sad now. This is a sad show. I have to purposely punctuate it with pony distractions because FUCKING SAD.
The Tumblr posts are actually mini-episodes from the new Doctor Who: Complete Series Six DVD set that was released today. They're written by Steven Moffat and are much like the extra scenes that were filmed for last years Series 5 DVD set.

The otter reference is very likely a nod to Jim the Fish. In 6x01: The Impossible Astronaut, River asked "how's Jim the fish?" and the Doctor replied "still building his dam"
Much like you, it wasn't until the Matt Smith episodes that the character of River started to grow on me and that scene you mentioned was the one where I warmed to her character.
While you may be right about it being a sad show, it certainly does have its sad moments. However, its far more easier if you think about the show as being more than that. It isn't about the aliens, or the companions or even necessarily about the Doctor himself. Its about freedom and the imagination. The Doctor's statement of "anywhere in time and space, everything that ever happened or ever will. where would you like to start?" sums up the series far better than I could.

Promotional Photo from 7x00: The Doctor, The Widow and the Wardrobe released.

crimbo_pic.jpg

UPDATE: More photos released.

crimbo2.jpg

crimbo1.jpg

Last edited:
More promotional photos have released by the BBC. Since these are more of the storyline, i've spoilered them.
030.jpg

040.jpg

050.jpg

060.jpg

070.jpg

080.jpg

Apologies for the triple post but the BBC have just released this years Christmas Trailer featuring a certain physician, his trusty assistant and one of those pesky metal monsters.

7x00: The Doctor, The Widow and the Wardrobe will air at 7pm (UK time), Christmas Day on BBC One and BBC One HD.

Any places to watch it online outside of the UK?