Doctor Who

^^ As cool as that would be (in theory) having Cumberbatch on DW or have the two worlds intersect, it really serves no real enriching storytelling purpose in either fictional universe, other than to appease fanwank wish fulfillment, and thus, the idea turns me off.

^^ As cool as that would be (in theory) having Cumberbatch on DW or have the two worlds intersect, it really serves no real enriching storytelling purpose in either fictional universe, other than to appease fanwank wish fulfillment, and thus, the idea turns me off.
While I definitely don't want to see Sherlock turning up in the Doctor Who universe. The idea of BC as the Master is very appealing because I do think he can pull off the intelligent villain very well.

Though it would rule out the possibility of Benedict ever playing the Doctor himself in the future.

Announcement has been made. Jenna-Louise Coleman is the next companion to the Doctor. Series Seven will be split. 6 episodes this year (including the Xmas special) and 8 episodes next year. Amy and Rory will depart in 7x05 and Jenna will arrive in the Xmas special.

Jenna is known in the uk for appearing in the ITV soap Emmerdale, the BBC tv series Waterloo Road and the film Captain America: The First Avenger

Last edited:
Deleted then.

Last edited:
Though it would rule out the possibility of Benedict ever playing the Doctor himself in the future.

I doubt that'll happen anyway, so I wouldn't worry about ruining that possibility.

Oh yes, totally, BC would make a fantastic master, but almost because he's too OBVIOUS a choice, i'd rather they choose someone else to play him next...and someone who normally against that type, much like how John Simm's casting was a bit of a left turn. He's a great actor, but nobody would have thought of him as maniacal evil genius.

Cumberbatch is almost too easy a choice and my expectations would be too high.

I doubt that'll happen anyway, so I wouldn't worry about ruining that possibility.

Oh yes, totally, BC would make a fantastic master, but almost because he's too OBVIOUS a choice, i'd rather they choose someone else to play him next...and someone who normally against that type, much like how John Simm's casting was a bit of a left turn. He's a great actor, but nobody would have thought of him as maniacal evil genius.

Cumberbatch is almost too easy a choice and my expectations would be too high.
That is probably the best excuse I've heard against BC playing the master. When expectations are set too high, it can all be too crushing when they don't live up to it. Dumber batch would be a safe call but sometimes you want a crazy psycho to balance against the Doctor.

Hmm, has Martin Freeman ever played a villain before?

unless they're going for an intentional resemblance. Anthony Ainley did have a passing resemblance to Roger Delgado, after all.

Forgot to mention this, had nerd sighting moment the other weekend, bumped into Alex Kingston at the local Apple store, she was shopping for stuff and I was getting my phone replaced. Told her I loved her work on Who then left her alone.

Forgot to mention this, had nerd sighting moment the other weekend, bumped into Alex Kingston at the local Apple store, she was shopping for stuff and I was getting my phone replaced. Told her I loved her work on Who then left her alone.

I hate you.

Production of Doctor Who is going to return to the United States.

Update: series seven teaser trailer is going to be released on Monday 26th March

Last edited:
Leaked trailer:

[video=youtube;Mrb20e841-c]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mrb20e841-c[/video]

And sweaters are cool.

321353.jpg