Doctor Who

Announcement has been made. Jenna-Louise Coleman is the next companion to the Doctor. Series Seven will be split. 6 episodes this year (including the Xmas special) and 8 episodes next year. Amy and Rory will depart in 7x05 and Jenna will arrive in the Xmas special.

Jenna is known in the uk for appearing in the ITV soap Emmerdale, the BBC tv series Waterloo Road and the film Captain America: The First Avenger

I vaguely remember Captain America, though hopefully this means she can act beyond two beats a scene.

I can't stop laughing. What episode is that from?

It's not from any episode. From the looks of it, it comes from one of the 2 dr who movies that were released in the 60s and featured Peter Cushing as the doctor.

For fans of the ginger goddess. Karen Gillian is now on twitter @KarenGillan2

I know it's from the classic series, but beyond that I couldn't tell you.

That Dalek has a pincer in one arm and a distinct lack of plunger in the other. As jedd suggested, it's probably not an official Doctor Who episode.

Now you can "follow" her without violating the court's restraining order. :p

The lawsuit says no, no. But the tweets say yes, yes.

Seriously, I've looked at some of the tweets being directed at her. Pretty freaky stuff. Benjamin Cook, the editor of the Doctor Who magazine has stated that they're working on getting Matt to sign up as well.

Double checked that gif and I believe it's from the second doctor who movie featuring Peter Cushing. Daleks: Invasion Earth 2150.

Daleks-500x367.jpg

EVAR

Now, challenge to jedd_kenobi: can he name all the ones in that cover by the episodes they appeared in?

Last edited:

Ben Browder! Mark Williams!

Can't wait for the autumn to come!

Mark Williams is great (tho as a yank I only know him from Harry Potter) but Ben Browder was where, was he the cyborg cowboy? I love his work from Farscape & Stargate.

He was the sheriff. I only recognized him from his voice, and after I already knew he was in it.

The ultimate plan is to watch some of the classic episodes in the break between the Series 6 and 7. Which doctor would you recommend to start with? (apart from Tom Baker)