Doctor Who

Perhaps you missed the "I haven't even thought about it" comment regarding the 50th anniversary episode.

I'm not sure whether to categorize this as a Companion Debut Episode given the arc story. If it is, it was the "worst" since Terror of the Vervoids, which is atrocious in so many categories that...I don't want to think about that story, thank you. If the arc resolves in a proper fashion, then Claroswin gets to have her debut in the far superior Asylum of the Daleks, and that will make me happy.

Just...well, dull and inoffensive. I hate it when the plot solely plays service to the arc story, which is all this episode did. Just set-ups and filler, with nothing substantial behind it, and nothing really charming, like, say, RTD did when he reintroduced Donna. Fortunately, Claroswin's arc will get resolved faster than Amy's. Moffat may have learned his lesson about doing a Slow Burn.

Are we supposed to know all about the back-story of The Great Intelligence from the second Doctor episodes decades ago, or will everything of importance be explained in the new episodes?

Are we supposed to know all about the back-story of The Great Intelligence from the second Doctor episodes decades ago, or will everything of importance be explained in the new episodes?

Everything will probably be explained in upcoming episodes. However I'm sure the second doctor episodes may help clarify things. After last nights episode i shall certainly be tracking them down,

Everything will probably be explained in upcoming episodes. However I'm sure the second doctor episodes may help clarify things. After last nights episode i shall certainly be tracking them down,

All I know is that if the Claroswin story arc is resolved with involvement of the London Underground, the Yeti, and Kate Stewart, I'm going to die from fangasm.

I love me a good story-arc, but going back to the 50yr old episodes is too much for me. But yes, I have to agree with Spie (omg!), the episode was not bad but the actual story itself was so random and the end so plain and simple, that it obviously just served the purpose of being there while a bigger story is told. I don't know shit about the GI either, nor did I notice this 23-stuff. As others said, the strongest bit for me was the surprising bit with the evil bitch in the end. I also have to agree again with Spie thinking that Asylum was the actual and better introduction for Clara.

I don't see how Asylum couldn't be her intro episode. She was in it, as the same person, and was referenced back to in the Christmas episode.

I agree that while I liked this episode, it was diminished by serving almost entirely as a plot device to the arc.

Nerdist podcast interview w Jenna Louise Coleman while she was in LA doing press for the show.

http://www.nerdist.com/2013/03/nerdist-podcast-jenna-louise-coleman/

Fun interview and her attempt at doing an american accent cracked me up.

Just watching the rerun of the new ep on BBC right now, just noticed the author of the kids book is Amelia Williams aka Amy Pond

BBC have confirmed the news that we have long suspected. David Tennant and Billie Piper are returning for 50th anniversary.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-21980892

Piper and her great big teeth. Excellent.

stolen_earth.jpg

Last edited:
Karen Gillan the zombie (sneak preview clip for next weekend's Nerdist TV show)

[video=youtube;Ez-GuGk89Ow]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ez-GuGk89Ow[/video]

http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-e...ton-turns-down-doctor-who-return-8561822.html

Ninth Time Lord Christopher Eccleston turns down Doctor Who return

Former Doctor Who star Christopher Eccleston turned down the chance to star in the 50th anniversary episode of the long-running sci-fi show.

The actor, who played the ninth reincarnation of the Time Lord when the BBC revived the show in 2005, met writer Steven Moffat to discuss the anniversary.

A BBC spokeswoman said: "Chris met with Steven Moffat a couple of times to talk about Steven's plans for the Doctor Who 50th Anniversary episode. After careful thought, Chris decided not to be in the episode. He wishes the team all the best."

At least one living former doctor - David Tennant - will return for the one-off show after it was announced he and Billie Piper, who played companion Rose Tyler for two series, will join the current Doctor, played by Matt Smith, in the programme.

But fans might still get the chance to see Eccleston's portrayal of The Doctor as show bosses are rumoured to be planning to use old footage of previous doctors for the special show.

Well, that sucks.

No problem. We went through the same thing thirty years ago with TB, and they pulled that footage from Shada.

Indeed, they could trawl through the deleted footage and stick in some SFX like they did with the Time Scoop. I don't know if they'd get away with it with today's audience though.

Last edited:
Good episode and great way of bringing Clara on board the TARDIS.
Clara saying that she thinks "The TARDIS doesn't like me" is a big hint. As we already know from the episode Utopia an how the TARDIS reacted to Captain Jack.

My theory as to who Clara is
Susan