James Cameron's - Avatar 2D vs. 3D

James Cameron's - Avatar 2D vs. 3D

• Total voters
The script is very original ("spoilers" if you're the single person on the planet who have yet to see Avatar)
https://pic.armedcats.net/k/kn/knarkas/2010/01/06/poca2u.jpg

^^^^ Hahahaha, that's good man. Apparently i've been giving you too much reps, maybe next time.

I felt like I'd arrived at a trance party. Wonder how many people wished they'd been in the mood.

It was an alright move, but what stops it from being really good is the predictable, run of the mill plot. It's basically "James Cameron Presents Pocahontas". Some of the characters were just bullshit and taken from a book of cliches, especially that American Army guy! "We're tried reasoning with these animals, let's blow the ever living shit out of them!" That and, it really did drag on in parts. I really want to punch anyone who says it's the "LIEK BEST MOVIE EVER!?!!"

Although, I did really enjoy the scenes in the middle in the native land, that was quite a nice experience, especially in 3D.

Last edited:
I saw it in 3D today; have no idea what the fuss was all about, the 3D wasn't actually that spectacular, okay it made everything a little bit sharper and gave it a bit more pop but it was never like I was actually there and the characters were standing in front of me. I was kinda expecting the missiles and stuff to fly out of the screen but that didn't happen either. For the first 20 mins I was like 'oh they won't show the good stuff this early, there's gotta be something better near the end' and then it never came. For the rest of the movie I wondered if Trudy was Michelle Rodriguez. (yes if you're wondering)

Why does everybody want rockets flying around their head all the time? You would get sick of it after ten minutes. Cameron understands what it can be used for: to add to the experience and blur the borders of reality by making your mind think that you are looking at something real instead of something flat on a screen.

If you guys liked the film, I've been spending some time on this fan site and it's pretty decent.

went to see this again while i was in the US

went for IMAX this time.... my first time in an IMAX to watch an actual film and not some crummy cinema "ride" at the theme parks

went to the AMC at Universal Studios, florida and loved it. big comfy leather seats, near wall to wall and floor to ceiling screen and good IMAX 3D geggs.

IMAX is just insane, not only is the 3D really good, better than normal 3D but the added clarity and higher resolution makes the movie even more spectacular. i'd go IMAX for every single film if i could!

Why does everybody want rockets flying around their head all the time? You would get sick of it after ten minutes. Cameron understands what it can be used for: to add to the experience and blur the borders of reality by making your mind think that you are looking at something real instead of something flat on a screen.

no idea, but they dont get the point of this 3D tech thats for sure.

what they want works very well for short things like shrek 4D (ogre vision) ride at universal, or the terminator 2 show.... but you would get sick of it, and it doesnt even look that brillant. yeah its in your face but image quality sucks and the 3D effect is so severe it starts to give u a bit of eye strain.

the 3D effect is supposed to be subtle, an enhancement....to make the screen appear deeper instead of flat.

Saw it for the first time yesterday and i actually liked it. Sure the movie has preachy enviro-hug-ur-planet-tones to it. But for being a expression of what cinema technology can do it is very impressive. Having made sure going out of my way to learn about the films plot i was able to enjoy it for what it was. It doesn't have the best plot ever and its certainly predictable (i hadn't been to the forums and as such i wasn't aware of the Pocahontas link, although it is so glaringly obvious now). Mostly i found it a bit like last years GI Joe film, Not the best film i've seen but plenty enough there to keep me interested.
I do have only one fault with the film and thats the end song. Never have i wanted to grab some spoons and jam them in my ears so much.

*bumps*

Saw it 2 days ago. Avatar 3D = weird eyes/head for 30 minutes after

Nothankyou. I'd rather re-watch 2012 than this in 2D.

Last edited: