The guitar thread

The guitar thread

• Total voters
Mm Ovation are good guitars. I also have a Celebrity Deluxe and I like it. It plays very electric guitar like.

On the other hand, I probably wouldn't buy one anymore because of the acoustic sound. You can hear it's not a "regular" acoustic. It lacks a bit of bass when you play it acoustic.

But I'd say: if you want a good starter electro acoustic, this one will do just fine. Personally, I would prefer a Fender electric, but that's because I like to play electric more.

I'm planning to buy a Line6 Pocked Pod for practising with headphones. 99 euros.

Mm Ovation are good guitars. I also have a Celebrity Deluxe and I like it. It plays very electric guitar like.

when i look at the ovation site i find it a bit confusing... are all the celbrity deluxe models mentioned below the same guitar, only difference being the way it looks?

I want to get the strat, but while I am still learning I want something I can play "everywhere", without having to carry around an amp.

https://pic.armedcats.net/2007/11/22/ovation.jpg

I don't know who to choose, but i've been playing guitar for 6-7 years now.

when i look at the ovation site i find it a bit confusing... are all the celbrity deluxe models mentioned below the same guitar, only difference being the way it looks?

I want to get the strat, but while I am still learning I want something I can play "everywhere", without having to carry around an amp.

https://pic.armedcats.net/2007/11/22/ovation.jpg
I've got one of those, but in a different colour :)

Oh, guitar thread?

My lineup consists of a Yamaha EG-112 electric, a Fender DG-5 acoustic, a Greg Benett UK-60 ukulele and a Harley Benton HBJ-25 banjo.

I'm think about replacing the Yamaha (a beginners guitar, really) with something more professional. I've fallen in love with the sound of the Danelectro 59, but I would like something for playing heavier stuff as well. I'm considering buying the Dano first, and then buy the cheapest ESP I can find whenever I can afford it.

I also have som issues with the Fender. The strings as they are now makes an awful lot of buzzing, and feel kinda clumsy to play. I wonder if just changing to thinner strings would help or if I'd have to do further adjustments to the guitar. Any ideas?

^I you are considering a cheap ESP (ltd), i'd recommend that you try a Jackson instead.. Same perfomance but at a lower cost..

^I you are considering a cheap ESP (ltd), i'd recommend that you try a Jackson instead.. Same perfomance but at a lower cost..

Are you sure about that? The cheapest Jackson on thomann is 222 euro compared to the 229 ESP. It's cheaper, but not exactly a bargain. Plus it's probably gonna be a couple of years before I can afford it, so I have alot of other brands to consider as well :p

^Well I was considering the price in swedish musicstores..

I went to my local guitar store yesterday and tried some guitars, the Ovation Standard Balladeer LX1771LX-CCB and the Takamine Tan15c. They are both about the same price.

I must say I like the traditional look of the Takamine, it looked amazing! And when the salesman hooked it up and played for me it also sounded "better" in my virgin ears... Me want!!!

2.tan15ck.jpg

We're talking about a decent guitar here :) For that kind of money, you get crap that will fall, literally, apart.
My banjo is a Harley Benton, and I'd say the quality is very reasonable at that price (155 euro vs 258 for Fenders entry model). I'd recommend their instruments if you just want to learn how to play. I'm even planning on getting one of these someday.