Mythbusters: The Drinking Game.

Blind_Io

"Be The Match" Registered
DONOR
Car(s)
See signature
I've been watching a ton of Mythbusters recently and I realized that it would make a great drinking game.

Here's what I have so far:

• Drink whenever Grant or Kari reference Tory's lack of self-preservation.
  • Drink whenever Adam talks about Jamie as if he's not human (such as an animal on "Crocodile Hunter" or a Space Alien)
  • Double if Adam uses his fingers to mimic Jamie's mustache.
  • Drink whenever Grant suggests a robot.
  • Drink whenever you see the metal plate with the words "WARNING: Science Content!"
  • Drink whenever you hear the words "Human Analog"
  • Drink when Tory does something to injure himself while goofing off.
  • Drink whenever someone says, "Well, you know we can't leave it at that..."
  • Drink when Adam gets excited about guns or explosives
  • Drink when Tory gets excited about guns or explosives
  • Drink whenever Kari adds unnecessary decorations to a prop.
  • Drink when any team member gets excited about making another team member miserable
  • Drink when Jamie is seen without his hat.
Got any more ideas?

Last edited:
So, drink at every scene?

Sounds like a good game!

Now I just need to get some friends :\

Double when Jamie gets excited about guns or explosives

Maybe double when Jamie shows excitement about anything.

• Drink whenever you see the metal plate with the words "WARNING: Science Content!"

They cut this out of the episodes we get on Discovery for some reason. We also don't get the 'Don't try this at home' intros.

Double whenever something goes horrible wrong (like a rocket setting fire to the shop or a gas cylinder almost going through the wall for example).

How about drink whenever they perform bush league science experiments. God that show is so dilettante its almost unwatchable. Its dumbed down to the level of insult.

Double shot for "Myth Plausible"
Trible shot for the "Plausible/Busted/Confirmed" combo
Double shot if they 'bust' a myth that's been 'confirmed' by another television show
Shot if the myth they're trying to bust is more obvious than the proof of your drink
Shot if they're doing a "Darwin Awards" myth

Drink when you suspect bad acting when the "other" team is interacting with each other.

You would be plowed after a half hour.

How about drink whenever they perform bush league science experiments. God that show is so dilettante its almost unwatchable. Its dumbed down to the level of insult.

for anyone who likes physics and engineering...most of the stuff on mythbusters is easy to see if it'll work or not and pretty easy to explain as well. but theres a metric fuck ton more people who havent got a clue about science...people who think their cars "just work" or run on "magic" etc. they need the science for ultimate dummies explanations.

in every show theres at least one myth that you'll know for fact wont work just by thinking about it from a physics stand point. then there are some where you know whats gonna happen but to see it is still quite fun (like bullet fired vs bullet dropped). physics tells me they will land at the same time, but to see it done was pretty nice.

then theres just cool stuff like rocket snow plow or compact compact...stuff thats just plain fun to watch

lately though i've noticed they seem to take a lot of myths directly to adding explosives. even when using explosives is completely uneccessary or wrong.

smash lab was more science orientated...but the guys who present that show are no where near the personalities of jamie, adam, kari, grant and tory.

i watch mythbusters just to see that lot mess about....theyre like the TG trio

on that note...should probably do at least a double tequila when you see some actual engineering/science going on. such as using CAD, or breaking out Oscilloscopes, signal generators and dB meters and stuff.

Grant is obviously a very clever man, that side of him very rarely gets shown though...they just cut it out.

Last edited:
:lol: This game would kill you.

Drink everytime they explode something. You'll end up in an alcoholic comma for the rest of your life. Especially if you play this game by watching the last season. Goddamn, they blew something in every f-ing episode. It's like Mythbusters went from being a cool show about science to let's-make-a-big-explosion crappy show.

Finish the bottle in one if someone needs an ambulance. I'm getting prepared for the next season. :|