Mass Effect 3

JohnnyRacer

We're going to see something tomorrow night on it on the VGA awards.

Here is what is known.....

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/113/1139666p1.html

Earth is burning. Striking from beyond known space, a race of terrifying machines have begun their destruction of the human race. As Commander Shepard, an Alliance Marine, your only hope for saving mankind is to rally the civilizations of the galaxy and launch one final mission to take back the Earth.

God damn it, I haven't seen a thing on this and I wanted it the second I was done with ME2. I really hope this series see's more life after this game. It's such a great universe to play in. And damn it, Bioware, LET US FLY THE NORMANDY INTO COMBAT!

Godamnit, I was just about to post this in the ME2 forum. My OP:

EA Store accidentally leaks Mass Effect 3 details

Shepard is heading to Earth

Looks like someone at EA is getting in trouble before year's end, but Mass Effect fans should be very happy. Moments ago, a Mass Effect 3 product listing was removed from the EA Store, but not before screenshots were taken as evidence.

No release window has been revealed, but the listings covered PC, Xbox 360, and PlayStation 3.

v_thumb.php

Hey, that's not all! The juiciest part may be the brief synopsis that appeared on the product page. Looks like Commander Shepard is taking the fight to Earth, and as many fans have already predicted, Shep must unite the galaxy's factions against the Reapers.

Earth is burning. Striking from beyond known space, a race of terrifying machines have begun their destruction of the human race. As Commander Shepard, an Alliance Marine, your only hope for saving mankind is to rally the civilizations of the galaxy and launch one final mission to take back the Earth.

We're thinking the product listing wasn't supposed to be posted until after the VGAs tomorrow, during which BioWare is supposed to make some huge announcement about their next big project. This recent development lends credence to rumors of that announcement being Mass Effect 3.

v_thumb.php

That pretty much confirms that the recent Bioware rumors are about a ME3 game, not some spinoff. Makes sense, those screenshots look like they could take place on some apocalyptic Earth.

So basically this time, you're the Don Corleone of the ME universe and you're going to be calling in all your favors that you (hopefully) didn't totally screw up in the previous 2 games (Rachni, Geth, Krogan, etc.). And hmm, let me surmise, they'll be tons of inter-species drama, racism, and bickery (Geth/Quarian, Krogan/Salarian, Turian/Human, etc.), and you'll have to slap them into submission and get them to fall in line, while banging some more alien babes along the way, all with a big finish to take back the Earth from the big bad Reapers with your motley crew of misfits.

I do hope the majority of the game isn't set on Earth tho, the whole alien-invades-Earth-and-humanity-fights-back has been done to death in the media.

Last edited:
cut-scene fleet battles against reapers over earth...
Hopefully the gameplay will be as good as the visuals!

I'll have to finish off my last 3 sheps (vanguard killing off everyone else might have some troubles in ME3 though!)

So basically this time, you're the Don Corleone of the ME universe and you're going to be calling in all your favors that you (hopefully) didn't totally screw up in the previous 2 games (Rachni, Geth, Krogan, etc.). And hmm, let me surmise, they'll be tons of inter-species drama, racism, and bickery (Geth/Quarian, Krogan/Salarian, Turian/Human, etc.), and you'll have to slap them into submission and get them to fall in line, while banging some more alien babes along the way, all with a big finish to take back the Earth from the big bad Reapers with your motley crew of misfits.

Fucking. Want.

Can't wait to see how first game romance and second game romance (if different and alive) try to screw with your galaxy saving. Although, it would be nice if we could persuade them to, uh, get along. ;)

ive already got a hard on.

i have never in my entire life wanted a game more than Mass Effect 2 before it came out.

i didnt leave my apartment for 48 hours when it finally did.

i am excepting a truely epic game

words do not explain how much i am looking forward to a Mass Effect 3.

other than simply it is giving me a crisis.

while i'll be avoiding spoilers much like i did with Mass Effect 2. After reading the general plan for Mass Effect 3, it does leave me re-assured that BioWare is doing a great job and that the 3rd game is going to be very special. just hope they give a date soon so i know how long it will be until i can be put out of my misery.

Indeed, can we keep spoilering material spoilered? Game is gonna be fucking epic and I want my goddamn surprises to be goddamn surprises.

Hopefully there'll be some badass collector's edition content.
And +1 for Yvonne.

Indeed, can we keep spoilering material spoilered? Game is gonna be fucking epic and I want my goddamn surprises to be goddamn surprises.

Hopefully there'll be some badass collector's edition content.
And +1 for Yvonne.

don't care about Yvonne, give me more Tali.

WANT :woot:

I have three separate Shepards ready to go and see how my choices screwed me over affect ME3.

Also, I cannot for the life of me remember the source, but I heard a BioWare rep say they'll take all the choices from ME1&2 and just turn them loose in many different ways in 3. Possible alternate endings?

Just saw the new trailer on the VGA awards. Two words...

FUCKING REAPERS.

Holiday 2011. :( A year.....

GIMMIE NOW!!!!!!!!

I'm upgrading my GPU for this game that's for sure it looks great!

Hooray for number 3! Time to go through and make a dozen potential saves to continue from!