The Dark Knight Rises

Ok, let's assume that the bad guys have some reason for destroying the city. But why go about in a non-sensical way? Why couldn't they just get regular nuclear bombs from somewhere else? Why did they spend time doing something that was not completely explained (driving around with trucks mainly, i guess) before detonating the bomb?

Watched the 1 hour special on all the batmobiles from the bonus disc, that was a good hour of my life

This covers some of my problems with the movie, but I'm currently writing a list of pros and cons for the zero people who care.

But for right now, I did not like The Bat at all, not one bit. I don't know if was just to sell a new toy or Nolan felt that since Beings had the Tumbler and TDK had the Batpod that this movie needed a contraption of its own, but it just didn't work. I loved the Tumbler and didn't like the Batpod because it just looked stupid, but at least they were real creations and could do most if not all of what you saw on camera in real life. Everything was done full size, in large miniature, or with minimal CGI, The Bat has none of that going for it. I know they constructed a cockpit for him to sit in and a crane to swing it around on street level, but the rest of the time it's an impossible CGI creation and that really took me out of the movie. For a franchise that was intended to be as realistic (within reason, this is a comic book movie afterall) and believable as possible, going from a real tank driving over shit to a fake jet swooping in between buildings is such a disconnect.

[SPOILERS!]

:rofl:

Last edited:
The whole movie kinda sucked TBH. Incredibly disappointing; didn't even feel like a comic book. Have I mentioned the retarded time bomb ending? The time bomb ending is retarded.

I finally had a chance to see this film and while some of the criticisms are valid, I thought this movie was a great end to the series. Not quite the same atmosphere as TDK but then again Gotham and Bruce himself are eight years older in TDKR. The evil that consumed the city in the second film has given way to Bane and Daggett and as persistent as they are, their time is short. Gotham has moved on.

The reason Bane kept delaying detonation was to torture Bruce from within the prison. He could watch but do nothing.

I caught it again on my flight back to Singapore. And it was quite good. The first time was just thrilled by the whole event, but the 2nd time was more analytical. And to me, it followed though with the idea that the Batman is just a symbol, and that anyone could stand-up to crime/tyranny. Even though the Batman himself made less appearances, but throughout the movie you could see his 'spirit' in every character.

The 2nd watching further cemented my impression that Michael Caine is a superb actor. But I still don't like how they pushed 'Robin' Blake in at the end. It just seemed too sudden and unlikely to me.