The Dark Knight Rises

I also hope that they finnished the mansion and built the batcave and a new batmobile.
And although the Tumbler was cool, It was very different then any batmobile, comic or movie. More like a tank then a car.
And that's ok, since it was a 'first'. But now I'd like to se something looking more like a car, but not too cartoony, like the previous movie ones.

Anyways, I trust Nolan will do a good job!

ALSO, regarding Nolan, a new Superman franchise?!
LINKY

Since one of the locations around here that are being talked about for filming include a rather cavernous salt mine, I'd think that the Batcave will show up at some point during the film. The only problem would be temporarily stripping out all the unnecessary doo-dads that were added inside there in order to attract more tourists.

Last edited:
ALSO, regarding Nolan, a new Superman franchise?!
LINKY

They've already announced who will be the next Superman. Henry Cavill from The Tudors TV series and the film Stardust has been cast to play Clark Kent / Superman. The new film is currently called Superman: Man of Steel is going to be directed by Zack Snyder (who did Watchmen and 300). It will be a complete reboot of the Superman movie franchise (similar to what Batman Begins was to the previous Batman films) and they are aiming for a December 2012 release.

At the moment the impression i'm getting is that if Green Lantern is a success this year, DC is planning something big next year with new Batman and Superman movies. Also i would at least like them to see pushing the Flash and / or Wonder Woman for a 2013 release.

Last edited:
Am i the only person in the entire world that liked Superman Returns?

sure, the supersuit was fucking hideous (brown wtf?) but i thought it was quite enjoyable. Kevin Spacey did a great job.

Am i the only person in the entire world that liked Superman Returns?

sure, the supersuit was fucking hideous (brown wtf?) but i thought it was quite enjoyable. Kevin Spacey did a great job.

i didn't think the film was awful. i just thought that it strayed too far from the source material of the comic books (Lois getting married to another bloke, the child being the son of Superman) and featured story plots that were no where near the comic book. plus while Kevin Spacey is still in my opinion the best actor to play Lex Luthor. there are still loads of other villains that they could draw from Doomsday, Brainiac or Darkseid (i am aware that all of these villains have all been featured in Smallville).
While a comic book film should be accessible to all and everyone, the last thing you want to do in a film is insult the fans and venture too far from the comic book its based on. this is what happened with X-Men 3 and Spider-Man 3. they all featured storylines that were never present in the comic books and topped off with horribly badly written scripts.
i thought Brandon Routh was a great choice to play Superman and i still do. there are moments in the film where i just saw pure elements from the comic book (for example when Superman was rescuing the falling plane).

with Smallville ending this year, its a great chance for DC and Warner Bros. to take the breathing space between Smallville's end and Superman: Man of Steel's release and really put together a film that really works for the character. I really am hoping to see the sort of film that Batman Begins and the first Superman film were. True to the character and a solid storyline.

does make me wonder, if Chicago is Gotham City in the Batman films. what could take Metropolis' place? New York is the most likely candidate, but i would like to see something a bit different than the big apple.

On the topic of the batmobile...

I'd like to see the new one be based off the animated series.

batmobile1.jpg

It can be portrayed as tank like yet also classy and sporty.

i'm kind of surprised that since they had Ra's Al Ghul in the first film, they haven't used Talia yet.

as for Joseph Gordon Leavitt, there's one actor who's really come along since his 'Third Rock' days. thought he was really good in Inception and one of the few decent actors in GI Joe. be interesting to hear what kind of role he gets.

On the topic of the batmobile...

I'd like to see the new one be based off the animated series.

batmobile1.jpg

It can be portrayed as tank like yet also classy and sporty.

Hell yes!! I love the Animated Series, just saw 3 eps again today! I agree on the sporty tank thing ;)
Man, can't wait for this movie, it'll be huge! :)

And thx jedd, for the Superman input, I did not realize it was an old article.

Eagerly anticipating this film. I don't feel so much about Superman, though. He just doesn't seem as 'serious' as Batman to me. Here's a guy that's virtually invincible compared to a normal human fighting crime. The level of 'heroness' and epicness is vastly different.

Yeah, none of my favorite comic book hero's have "powers". Batman and The Punisher just rely on cool gear and balls.

Eagerly anticipating this film. I don't feel so much about Superman, though. He just doesn't seem as 'serious' as Batman to me. Here's a guy that's virtually invincible compared to a normal human fighting crime. The level of 'heroness' and epicness is vastly different.

Yeah, none of my favorite comic book hero's have "powers". Batman and The Punisher just rely on cool gear and balls.

i think its also that Batman has a better army of villains to fight than any other character. Majority of them are all memorable like the Joker, Catwoman, The Riddler, Poison Ivy, Two Face, Bane, Clayface, Ra's Al Ghul and so on. I still think the comic book character is easily the best (although my favorite comic book at the moment is Green Lantern) because the character is so believable for many of the reasons you've just stated. He has no superpowers. all he has is his intellect and physical condition. ok having Wayne Enterprises to fund his little bat-venture helps but at the end of the day he is still only human.

slight bump, Joseph Gordon-Leavitt character has been revealed to be Alberto Falcone. I won't say much about the character to avoid potentially spoiling the film. However those who have read Batman: The Long Halloween will know whats in store for the Dark Knight.

Also on a similar DC note, the first picture of Adrienne Palicki as Wonder Woman in the new TV series has been released.
Adrianne-Palicki-Wonder-Woman-Picture-Costume.jpg