The Dark Knight Rises

JohnnyRacer

Tom Hardy is playing Bane. And Anne Hathaway is playing Catwoman. Official now.

1626228-batpeeps_super.png

Bane is a frekin giant. I wonder how they will handle this. Better hit the gym there, Tommy. I do hope they serve Bane better in this film than they did in Batman and Robin. He was just a big dumbass in that one.

And Catwoman is... well, Catwoman.

Last edited:
actually the title of the next Batman film is "The Dark Knight Rises" and will be Christopher Nolan's final Batman film. While its not certain if this is the final Batman film or if another director will be taking over after this outing.

Either way after seeing how Heath Ledger so perfectly nailed the character of the Joker. I am expecting great things from Anne Hathaway. I've not seen any of her films and while i've heard great things about her, she's not been in any films that have taken my notice. As for Bane. i really want to see them get this character correctly and not be a massive joke in that even bigger joke of a film 'that i shall not name' Having seen him in Inception and he was also in Star Trek Nemesis (as the evil Picard clone Shinzon) i do hope he gets it. In the comic books Bane is a criminal mastermind who used the Venom drug to not only enhance his body but also his intellect to control Gothams Crime gangs. Compared to how he was played in 'that' film he should hopefully be a completely different character.

Just hoping they really get it right with the 3rd film. Most often when it comes to Comic Book movie trilogys the first one is awesome, the second is slightly better or just a bit worse and then the 3rd one is just instant poison that kills the franchise (Spiderman 3, Blade Trinity, Batman Forever, X-Men 3). However while i'm expecting Green Lantern this year to struggle (i still don't think Ryan Reynolds was the right choice to be Hal Jordan, Kyle Rayner yes but Hal Jordan no) this sould at least bring in some money for DC and WB.

http://artsbeat.blogs.nytimes.com/2...-and-tom-hardy-revealed-in-dark-knight-rises/
http://blog.newsarama.com/2011/01/1...hathaway-to-play-catwoman-in-new-batman-film/
http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=30413
http://www.ifanboy.com/content/articles/_the_dark_knight_rises__casts_catwoman___bane

DC Comics have also confirmed it via their DC Nation blog and on their Twitter feed.

Last edited:
people were sceptical about Heath Ledger as the joker before DN too.

Very true and i was among them, after having seen a few of his films i honestly believed that there was no way he could pull off the Joker. Never have i been proved wrong so much when i saw 'The Dark Knight' i've heard a phrase crop up frequently called "In Nolan We Trust" i'm willing to go along with that for now and give him the benefit of the doubt and let him do his job.

besides, come on. Anne Hathaway in a catsuit! who wouldn't pay money to see that?!

Anne Hathaway in a probably black, probably skintight catsuit.

Oh I do anticipate this to be quite a movie.

I do trust Nolan to make it work. Tom Hardy is a respectable actor, I think he did a great job in Inception.

iirc Bale said he wouldn't do another movie either after the third and agreed to stop being involved alongside Nolan, good move to keep it from getting stale, do it right three times, dont tempt fate

Anne Hathaway in a probably black, probably skintight catsuit.

Oh I do anticipate this to be quite a movie.

I do trust Nolan to make it work. Tom Hardy is a respectable actor, I think he did a great job in Inception.

I agree. Besides Watanabe, I think Hardy was the best act in Inception. DiCaprio just tried way too hard....which isn't unusual.

Looking forward to it immensely. And my my has Anne grown over the years since her days with Disney

If Catwoman is half as sexy as the original, im oh so game. plus Nolan is on a fucking roll right now

Just hope it's more the Bane from the comics and less of the "Batman Returns" Bane.

Am I the only person for whom Bale really doesn't work in the role? I can't believe him either as Bruce Wayne or Batman.

Stumped for a suggestion as to who might be better right now but if I think of someone.......

Seriously? Did you see "The Riches"?????

Even so....... "I'm Batman.........groovy! Er yeah, so ....er....... I think your Catwoman's drilling behind your sofa!............" :lol:

They will probably give him a script and direction, from which he will build the character. But you never know they could do a Mike Lee - some rough story lines and let him get on with it - not likely though.