Last movie you saw?

back to the future (the first)

one awesome movie, solid 9/10... hadn't seen it in ages and forgotten most, if not all of it.

Went to the movie theatre last monday for the first time in ages, to see "Senna".

Great documentary, didn't learn a lot, but it was very well put together, and was very touching. I had to hold back tears toward the end.

9/10

Contagion

Contagion_Poster.jpg

Not as apocalyptic as the trailer made it seem, but still a good film nonetheless.

I recommend watching it.

- Dan

apollo-18.jpg

Definitely worth watching. Very well shot, keeps you on the edge of your seat, and a few properly scary moments. Good story too - messes with your brain.

8.5/10

Hanna.

Frikkin, unbelievably awesome.

That neck-break on the fake Marissa was.......omg.

The audio and cinematography is just brilliant. Music gets you excited and pumped and the shots are eerie and captivating at the same time.

The storyline could've been a bit stronger but it all didn't matter because I absolutely fell in love with Saoirse Ronan.

Overall a really solid movie and I was really impressed.

Did I mention I'm in love with Saoirse Ronan?

Saw-VII-Bluray.jpg

It was just, meh. The gore was plentiful as always, but I don't feel that the plot was very well thought out, and nothing new was added to the mix. No real big revelations, the SAW franchise should have died out 4 movies ago. 3/10
I do have to admit though, the fishhook key, that was hard for me to bear. I will give them that one.

It was just, meh. The gore was plentiful as always, but I don't feel that the plot was very well thought out, and nothing new was added to the mix. No real big revelations, the SAW franchise should have died out 4 movies ago. 3/10
I gave up on the Saw franchise after seeing the first one. I just didn't see anything plot wise in them. it was just gratuitous violence of people suffering. Nothing actually happens. The first film was ok. it was different and it was bearable. How it managed to proceed to launch another 6 films, a video game, theme park ride and everything else is beyond me.

THX 1138 - George Lucas' feature-length debut. Really great sci-fi flick.

Tron (2010).

Utter, utter waste of time.

Watch for Olivia Wilde in spandex. If gay, do not watch.

X-Men: First Class (finally in non-3d, so I can not be annoyed by yet another thing). Quite enjoyable, the Wolverine scene was hilarious, but there were too many things that just seemed too far fetched
like cerebro being able to pinpoint geographical locations from Xavier's thought patterns, Banshee being able to fly with just a piece of cloth stuck to his suit (yeah, yeah, super-sonic sound waves acting as an air cushion, but he should have had to be doing it all the time, not just once in a while)
and some characters had completely illogical development, but the story was good, development of other characters was good and the effects weren't bad. I especially liked the last island scene. Looked so much like Crysis. :D

Xmen 3, awful awful awful
Agreed, hated that film. They took one of the best storylines from the X-Men comics and completely ruined it. One of the few films i've walked out on (that and Spider-Man 3).
Tron (2010).
Utter, utter waste of time.
Watch for Olivia Wilde in spandex. If gay, do not watch.
Does this mean i should be looking at Arthur Darvill as a bit of hot stuff over Karen Gillan now?
X-Men: First Class (finally in non-3d, so I can not be annoyed by yet another thing). Quite enjoyable, the Wolverine scene was hilarious, but there were too many things that just seemed too far fetched
like cerebro being able to pinpoint geographical locations from Xavier's thought patterns, Banshee being able to fly with just a piece of cloth stuck to his suit (yeah, yeah, super-sonic sound waves acting as an air cushion, but he should have had to be doing it all the time, not just once in a while)
and some characters had completely illogical development, but the story was good, development of other characters was good and the effects weren't bad. I especially liked the last island scene. Looked so much like Crysis. :D
Hated it, hated it with pure passion mostly because of some of the things you listed. Charater development was all over the place and behaved nothing like their book counterparts.

Fans of Stargate Atlantis and the acting talents of David Hewlitt will like this movie, just watched it on netflix

a-dogs-breakfast-david-hewlett-dvd-cover-art.jpg

First Class overall was a good movie, while I was not bothered that it doesn't faithfully follow comic book continuity (because superhero films rarely do for logistical reaons) but the fact that it doesn't even follow continuity within the universe of the other films. That really annoyed me, namely how the white queen totally doesn't fit in step as well as leaving out the obvious relationship of cyclops and havok as brothers, among other things if I wanted to nitpick.

Not as good as X-2, but MUCH better than X-3

apollo-18.jpg

Definitely worth watching. Very well shot, keeps you on the edge of your seat, and a few properly scary moments. Good story too - messes with your brain.

8.5/10

I'm actually going to have to disagree with you. I'm not a fan of horror/suspense films, but I watched this anyways because the premise interested me. All of the scares were predictable, some of the CGI didn't blend in well and broke the period look of the film, and it ends on a sizeable plot hole.

Not to say I didn't like it; the idea was pretty novel. But having seen it once, I don't feel like I ever need to see it again.

Xmen 3, awful awful awful

Agreed, hated that film.

Glad I'm not alone there. I loved the first 2 XMen movies. I bought the third on DVD and hated it. The DVD even had a scratch causing the movie to skip, but I never bothered returning it to the store for a good copy. When I moved, I just tossed it out. First time I've ever disliked a film so much.

Was going to make a dedicated movie reviewing thread but this is basically one already.

Watched the movie called Apocalypto.

Directed by Mel Gibson, it is about the Mayan tribes and society. It is an action movie, that is very gory, and it follows a man named " Jaguars Paw ". If you have a strong stomach I would recommend this movie. Not so much for its historical side but because for most of the movie you will be engrossed by the events taking place.

I would rate it a solid 8.

Last edited:
I still have Wolverine and First Class to watch.
Was it X3 when Halle said, give Storm more of a storyline or I quit?