Last movie you saw?

Guardians of the Galaxy: holy shit this is an awesome movie! Hilarious, great fight/action/explosion scenes, pretty cool to bad-ass characters. I have to admit, seeing the trailers a while back, I thought it was going to be pretty silly. Not at all. Not at all. I never thought a tree can act so well.

10/10

Interstellar. 8/10. A bit hollywoodarized. But the relationship between the characters seems very authentic in a down to earth kind of way in this space film. You could interpret the end as lying to yourself and it would make it more believable and less convenient.

View attachment 14829

Blissfully feel-good. I felt genuinely joyous when they first meet Marguerite.

And Charlotte de Bon, wow, she is just enchantingly lovely. Completely infatuated with her. (I promise you this does not happen to every feel-good romcom I watch :blush:)

8.5/10

Just finished this, agree, after all the weird plot twisty nerdy scifi that comes out trying to be smart, this is unabashedly a feelgood movie and it does it well. They capture the Indian sentiment and culture very well, as opposed to a lot of hollywood versions of arabic and indian culture. Enjoyed it a lot.

Burts Buzz

Hmmm, I'm not sure why he still does the corporate gigs. He doesn't want the money or the fame. Plus the corporate goons appeared to be slimy bastards.

The Taiwan departure with the woman was odd.

Rating 7/10

Also just watched "Robot and Frank". So should you. 9/10

If you want to see real acting being done very well then Frank Langella in this movie won't disappoint.

Ok, next on the list.

By 'next' I mean 14 months later...

Robot and Frank

This is stupid, but I just kept thinking about the guy in the robot suit. You could clearly tell it was a dude in a suit. (Ok, turns out to be a woman, but whatever.)

Rating 7/10

Snowpiercer.

Meh. I can't figure out if it was too weird or not weird enough. I think if it was a bit more like 12 Monkeys it would have been better...or if it were more like a Bourne-type action movie it would have been better...but it didn't strike me as a movie that should have 95% critic rating, and 75% user rating on RT. It seems like the type of movie that would be more like 40%/65%

Last edited:
Teenage Mutant yeah that thing.

You know what, I didn't really like cartoons when I was a kid, I hate Michael Bay like it is expected, but that was an alright kind of crap.

Care to elaborate?

Just the same shit as the previous two movies, played out to nauseous levels. The concept was entertaining the first time, but this is just boring now.

Horrible Bosses 2

If you really liked the first one, you'll probably really like this one...however, there are certainly a couple leaps of logic that you'll need to be able to forgive. Also, a few characters pop up again from the first movie without any sort of recap or flashback, so you'll have wanted to see the first one before seeing the sequel.

Charlie Day is simply Charlie from It's always sunny, so take that for what it is (I enjoy the fact that every roll he plays (IASIF, Horrible Bosses, Lego Movie, Saturday Night Live, etc)

If you liked the first one, it's worth renting. If you didn't see it, or didn't like it, don't bother with the sequel. The only reason to see it on the big screen again, would be Jennifer Aniston, if you're into that sort of thing.

tumblr_n8272aa1F01rv2wxho1_250.gif

tumblr_n8272aa1F01rv2wxho2_250.gif

tumblr_n8272aa1F01rv2wxho3_250.gif

tumblr_n8272aa1F01rv2wxho4_250.gif

Last edited:
If I really hated the first one, will I also hate the second one?

I quite frankly think it's required for you to have tits to like that movie.

If I really hated the first one, will I also hate the second one?

I quite frankly think it's required for you to have tits to like that movie.

Yes, you will likely hate it as much of the humor is the same...maybe even a little less clever, as they reference things from the first movie.

For the 2nd point, I disagree. I mean...I've got moobs, but I don't think that should count. Especially with watching the "bloopers" during the credits, it looks like a movie made by people who had a lot of fun making it...and I liked the Always Sunny-ness of Charlie Day's character, the Michael Bluth-ness of Jason Bateman's character, and I like Jason Sedekis's sense of humor and comedic delivery/timing.

Interstellar

:| yeah, no. I didn't like it, not even a little bit. Honestly, I only watched it all the way through because I paid for it.

Dumb and Dumber To

...well, not really. We walked out 20 minutes into the movie because it was SO BAD. You have to be brain dead in order to like this kind of thing.

Sin City: A Dame to Kill For

It wasn't as good as the first movie but i still had a good time watching it...

Sin City: A Dame to Kill For

It wasn't as good as the first movie but i still had a good time watching it...

I think it?s one of these movies that feels a bit insulting when you like the first one ... maybe I would have liked it better if it was "on it?s own" ... but I just hated it.

Anyway ...

As Above, so below

Solid Adventure-Horror Blair-witch-style. But nothing that The Descent (8/10) hasn?t done better.

6/10

Interstellar, liked it a lot, nitpicking for the science of it makes YOU boring, not it :p