Last movie you saw?

All Cars Go to Heaven. It's pretty good!

The Raid

A movie with no plot. Just a bunch of asians fighting for 1.5h :lol:

Have I mentioned that I've seen Raid 2 in here? Because I have and it's awesome. Some seriously brilliant camerawork and highly detailed choreography. It's up there with Ip Man and Hero for me in terms of fighting.

John Wick

Holy moly that was good. I was surprised as hell to see the low budget needed, once Keanu got his Matrix monies he was free to experiment in whatever movie he pleased and it shows. He's got some wrong but this was so right

Birdman

Oh man, what a waste of my time and money. Pretentious as fuck, this Hollywood self-wank for people that ruined their brains with drugs and have to have everything explained to them. Terrible, unsubtle story shot in artsy-fartsy vision. Seems like it has filler-elements (added Drama!) because it would have been a short-film otherwise. Made for people who did not get Inception because it was too complicated. And if you?re really, really thick, the film also comes with a drum-wank soundtrack telling you what?s going on, actually mashing the FEELS into your head.
The acting is good though, Keaton especially. A awful film doesn?t turn into a good one because it is well acted. I don?t even feel like wasting more words on this. AVOID! The prices and nominations this film is getting? Filmmakers wanking back at a film wanking about acting. What a wank.

3/10

Who cares about awards anyway? Everybody knows that it's just a vanity fair.

I mean seriously... Both Alfred Hitchcock and Stanley Kubrick - the probably two best directors of all time - never won an Oscar, how pathetic is that? They even had the nerve to present Hitchcock an honorary Oscar - as a film producer. WHAT????

The problem with the Oscars is, that the jury is being dominated by actors. That's why movies with good performances will always have a bonus, no matter how good or bad the movie is as a whole. The biggest bonus have biopics of course, because every actor loves to see themselves playing a famous figure of history.

how funny...I thought John Wick was cliche and dull to watch, and yet I really enjoyed watching Birdman, and actually really wanted more scenes between Keaton and Norton. I was really entertained by it, and wouldn't draw any parallels to "inception", which I also enjoyed, in spite of Dicaprio, who I just can't seem to enjoy watching because I can't see that he still isn't a teenager on Growing Pains.

Battleship

I know it's just a "'murica fuck yeah" film, and it as silly as Independence day but...

Maaan watching the USS Missouri back in action and firing a full broadside on an alien ship feels goooooood :lol:

c97ccbec3389667388a48f05aa2a3586.jpg

Last edited:
Battleship

I know it's just a "'murica fuck yeah" film, and it as silly as Independence day but...

Maaan watching the USS Missouri back in action and firing a full broadside on an alien ship feels goooooood :lol:

c97ccbec3389667388a48f05aa2a3586.jpg

Battleship may not be quite as enjoyable as Pacific Rim, but I too had fun with that. Sometimes it is nice to just switch of the brain and enjoy some explosions.
And in that light, it is a mistery for me how they keep getting those "Transformers" movies wrong. How can they fail compared to a film as "Battleship"? It makes no sense ...

Anyway. Brain back on.

Interstellar

Liked it. Not as much as the Nerd-hype would make me think, but still one good movie. Really my only negative point is, that I think Matthew McConaughey was not the best choice for that role. Not that I generally would dislike him, but I think another Actor could have pulled of a better act.

8/10

Snowpiercer

I read somewhere that the Film "died" on the editing table. And that would explain why I did not really like the finished product. Acting is solid, as are the visuals. Chris Evans especially really positively surprised me. But it really feels like they were filming the movie with another story and in the end cut it together this way. The whole story and world-building feels very, very "bumpy" (to say this nicely). Watch "The Purge: Anarchy" instead.

5/10

Interstellar

Liked it. Not as much as the Nerd-hype would make me think, but still one good movie. Really my only negative point is, that I think Matthew McConaughey was not the best choice for that role. Not that I generally would dislike him, but I think another Actor could have pulled of a better act.

I read this as "but I think Archer could have pulled off a better act."

archer_sterling_5461.jpg

Battleship

How 'bout i slap you in the fucking face?

Independence day was fucking awesome!

Independence day was fucking awesome!

Agree
For me definitely the best alien invasion kind a movie - despite some major weird things going on (except for the invasion itself :) ) like the virus injection from an apple computer thingy

Agree
For me definitely the best alien invasion kind a movie - despite some major weird things going on (except for the invasion itself :) ) like the virus injection from an apple computer thingy

Apparently, there was a scene cut from the theatrical and early video releases. I don't really know, I've only seen the version with the scene included, but they explain that a bunch of modern technology (computers, broadband, radio, advanced metals, etc) came from the crashed fighter in Area 51, hence why human computers could link up perfectly with the Mothership.

And in that light, it is a mistery for me how they keep getting those "Transformers" movies wrong. How can they fail compared to a film as "Battleship"? It makes no sense ... [/I]

Um... because Michael Bay?

Apparently, there was a scene cut from the theatrical and early video releases. I don't really know, I've only seen the version with the scene included, but they explain that a bunch of modern technology (computers, broadband, radio, advanced metals, etc) came from the crashed fighter in Area 51, hence why human computers could link up perfectly with the Mothership.
After reading this I do not have any reservations about that movie.
It all makes sense now - it's perfect :)