Last movie you saw?

"An orible cunt"

And so many other quotable lines. Awesome writing, casting and portrayal.

The Man Who Wasn't There, The Boys From Brazil, The Day After, Diner. Steve Guttenberg; man was he lucky or is there really a stonecutters conspiracy?

Conspiracy?

from the Simpsons "Who holds back the electric car? Who makes Steve Gutenberg a star? We do, we do".

Also the HBO movie Conspiracy is a good watch too. (if that was what you meant)

Terminator Genisys - It was pretty good. I don't know if I'd really want to watch it again as there are probably millions of plot holes etc that I missed the first time around but for a cinema flick is was cool. Admittedly I didn't go in with high expectations!

Also marks the first time I've seen Emilia Clarke as anything other than "a bit weird looking".

Not enough to make you notice any flaws. What is there is very well done, though.

Saw it last Sunday, didn't really like it that much. A 6/10 at best.

As a Canadian and to satisfy my citizenship-mandated love of hockey, I finally got around to watching Goon.

Clearly a bit of a niche comedy film, I found it uproariously funny and rather silly, with many callbacks to famous hockey incidents and players. Even if you're not a big hockey nut, it's still a solid watch as you don't need to know the game to enjoy grown men on skates beating the crap out of each other. This is not highbrow humour. :lol:

Last edited:
It also lives up to it's name with all the goonish fights. It is funny at times though. I might even hit it up on the streaming thingy again.

The Dark Knight Rises

6/10 and I'm being generous. Having finally seen the third one I've decided that Bale's Batman and the Nolan Batman films simply don't work for me. Heath Ledger's Joker aside they are pretty mediocre - they passed the time but that's really about it.

Gattaca.

The movie shows a truely frightening society with that discrimination based on genetics - but on the other hand, I too find having a child with the risk of genetic disorders inexcusable... so that's a slippery slope. Did I say frightening?

Reactions: TC
I loved Gattaca. Good solid scifi film without all the CGI nonsense, aliens, explosions, etc.

Very good movie.

Watched Scarface again last night!

Everybody knows that it is a great movie but the best part is that this was the first movie with 7.1 audio that i watched at home. Finally having a 7.1 home theater system instead of a 5.1 paid off:D

Watched The Winter Soldier last night as well. This is how you do a Marvel movie properly, easily the best post-Avengers movie. 9/10

Can't wait for them to ruin all the character development in the next Avengers like they did with Iron Man!