Last movie you saw?

On Her Majesty's Secret Service

What a fucking fabulous film.

Rating 10/10

Who are you and what have you done with the real Aston Martin?

It is actually a very good film, and contrary to popular belief George Lazenby was not fired from the role. They wanted him to continue but being a young 30-something male in the very early 70s he felt the image of 007 was too stiff and square and he wanted to embrace a more youthful and trendy image with the long hair and the sideburns etc. He was only 29 when he made the film. "Bond is a brute ... I've already put him behind me. I will never play him again. Peace ? that's the message now"

It is actually a very good film, and contrary to popular belief George Lazenby was not fired from the role. They wanted him to continue but being a young 30-something male in the very early 70s he felt the image of 007 was too stiff and square and he wanted to embrace a more youthful and trendy image with the long hair and the sideburns etc. He was only 29 when he made the film. "Bond is a brute ... I've already put him behind me. I will never play him again. Peace ? that's the message now"

Must have been the biggest mistake in movie history... I was just about to write "he must have regretted that decision until the day he died", then I googled, and he is still alive...

I started watching the Brent movie, I dunno if I can continue. Or leave it alone and be happy with the memories, of what the character was... 15 years ago.

He drove a Vectra in the office, now an Insignia.
I don't know if I feel more sorry for David Brent or Ricky Gervais. His films have always been awful, did he do this because he can't do anything else?

Its interesting how Stephen Merchant isn't involved.

Rogue One. Not perfect in all respects, but quite good, and visually absolutely stunning - imho it makes a great combination of old-school SW world design and modern CGI capability. And the third act pretty much is perfect. I might go for a rewatch in a couple weeks to focus on some details I think I missed.

I think it's one of the best SW films. Really enjoyed it last night.

"Wildflower"

Fuck you, Netflix. "Independent Drama" and "thriller"? Really is a Christianity-themed hack job of a TV movie, made for family movie night for families with young teens who don't like to see any 'ethnic' people in their movies.

Dirty Harry

The serial killer is genuinely terrifying.

I gotz to know

Magnum Force

It's not as good, but not terrible.

Edit: watching The Dead Pool... starring Liam Neeson and Jim Carrey.:|

Last edited:
So, what was this movie?

I think he meant to say something like:

The movie dug itself a hole and jumped onto a stake at the bottom.

Con Air

I can't work out if Nick Cage is the worst actor in the world or not?
Cage is an incredibly talented actor. He always gives 150% though, and takes every role, no matter how bad, if the money's right. Thus, he often ends up with bad scripts and directors who don't know how to handle him.

Watch Werner Herzog's Bad Lieutenant to see what a director used to handling larger-than-life actors can do with Cage.