Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Aston Martin View Post
    Moonraker is bollocks.
    Moonraker is the best of all Bond movies because it makes no sense, but relies on knowledge of the established Bond persona to explain everything from directly cutting from Bond talking to a girl to them having sex to Jaws. It's awesome!
    Battered and weary after the craziness of the 1960s, the self-righteousness of the 1970s and the greed of the 1980s, I want to go home again, oh, so desperately - home to that land of drive-in restaurants and Chevy Bel-Airs, making out and rock 'n' roll and drag races and Studebakers, Elvis and James Dean and black leather jackets. Not that I ever owned a black leather jacket.
    (Roger Ebert)

|

Comment

Not to mentioin it was basicly a giant panic reaction to Star Wars.
      Last edited by Cowboy; June 4th, 2017, 8:28 AM.
      "It's not right, this." : Anonymous studio tech on the killing of TopGear.

Comment

2 Furious 6 Fastest

I'm 10 minutes into Fast 8, this is dumber than the fucking plane scene in 6.

Fuck me, this is the worst piece of shite I've ever seen.
        Last edited by Aston Martin; June 4th, 2017, 8:45 PM.

Comment

Kong: Skull Island: Loved it! I'm glad they deviated from the other "Kong" movies.
          Flickr

Comment

Wonder Woman
            Being a DC fan I am a bit biased I guess, but it's very, very good. First thoughts after it was over were that it's amazing!
            I'm even used to Gal Gadot as WW, even though I always thought whe was a bit too skinny, but she's good. And seriously beautiful, it's almost too much

Comment

Baby Driver.

My favourite movie of the recent 5 years most certainly. The editing, the characters, the script, and the action sequences = 10/10

Comment

Logan:

Well made, well paced, well acted, very much not run of the mill superhero movie.

Spoiler Text: (Click here to toggle display)
                But holy SHIT is it sad, I mean if this is the official 'good' timeline that was created in days of future past, why the hell would we bother with any other X-men movies? Mutants are gonna die out, no new ones will be born, it's all going to be gone by 2029 except for the kids? This movie is not just about the death of Professor X and Wolverine, it's about the death of the X-men universe.
                "It's not right, this." : Anonymous studio tech on the killing of TopGear.

Comment

The most stupid movie I have ever saw, or at least as I cant remember! First 5-10min when they enter the island and You think WHY ARE YOU DOING THIS? WHY? WHYYY?

I know there are sci-fi movies, fantasy movies and other movies that show worlds and creatures that don't exist, but come on people! Just a little bit of logic? When You find an island that has never existed before that might contain unique flora and fauna You don't drop bombs on it! And when You are a profesional army general whole Your life and see a 20 story gorilla in front of You, You don't order Your men to fly right into it!

http://picasaweb.google.com/xyzfotografija

Comment

When life gives you lemons, they say you should make lemonade. What do you do when you mess up your knee? Yesterday I watched movies, three old movies.

The first is the best cheese to ever be put on a network primetime broadcast, or at least the kid that first seen it thought so. "The Last Chase" stars Lee Majors, Burgess Meredith, and Chris Makepeace. The only way to see it is through the Youtubes. It is a mostly okay transfer from videotape. It was worth the re-watch, but it is primetime cheese.

The second movie is "Stripes". Classic cheeseball comedy from the 80s with a truly great cast. If you have never seen it, you are missing out.

The third is a 60s classic, starring Audrey Hepburn and Cary Grant, "Charade". A charming movie, but it is also predictable. Still worth a watch.

What to watch today?
                    "I don't care who does the electing, so long as I get to do the nominating" -Boss Tweed

We’ve gone from 'Hope and Change' to 'Hope and Change Your Story.' -Bill Maher

Comment

What?

When life gives you lemons, you make limoncello!
                      IT'S OK TO BE TAKEI

Volvo C30 DRIVe
                      BMW F700GS

The Law of Inverse Value: The less you contribute to society, the greater the trauma you can sustain with minimal to no physical sequelae.

FG Ringmeet 2014
                      FG Ringmeet 2015
                      FG Mini-Roadtrip 2015

Comment

And then you get obscenely drunk on it on a school trip when you're 16 and develop a life time revulsion to the very smell of it...

Final Gear around the world care package
                        discussion | photos | spreadsheet | map

Comment

I'm bringing a bottle to ringmeet.
                          IT'S OK TO BE TAKEI

Volvo C30 DRIVe
                          BMW F700GS

The Law of Inverse Value: The less you contribute to society, the greater the trauma you can sustain with minimal to no physical sequelae.

FG Ringmeet 2014
                          FG Ringmeet 2015
                          FG Mini-Roadtrip 2015

Comment

Originally posted by GRtak View Post
                            What to watch today?
                            Three noirs. One almost forgotten but still a masterpiece of the genre: Out of the Past. Second, a picture that is legendary, and rightfully so: White Heat (which actually borders between noir and traditional gangster movie).

Finally, a noir that takes the formula away from it's usual realm of femme fatales, private eyes and gangsters, and produces the surrealist genre masterpiece in the process: The Night of the Hunter.

And just add The Big Sleep to the list so we got not only Mitchum and Cagney, but also Bogart.
                            Battered and weary after the craziness of the 1960s, the self-righteousness of the 1970s and the greed of the 1980s, I want to go home again, oh, so desperately - home to that land of drive-in restaurants and Chevy Bel-Airs, making out and rock 'n' roll and drag races and Studebakers, Elvis and James Dean and black leather jackets. Not that I ever owned a black leather jacket.
                            (Roger Ebert)

|

Comment

Originally posted by GRtak View Post
                              When life gives you lemons, they say you should make lemonade. What do you do when you mess up your knee? Yesterday I watched movies, three old movies.

The first is the best cheese to ever be put on a network primetime broadcast, or at least the kid that first seen it thought so. "The Last Chase" stars Lee Majors, Burgess Meredith, and Chris Makepeace. The only way to see it is through the Youtubes. It is a mostly okay transfer from videotape. It was worth the re-watch, but it is primetime cheese.

The second movie is "Stripes". Classic cheeseball comedy from the 80s with a truly great cast. If you have never seen it, you are missing out.

The third is a 60s classic, starring Audrey Hepburn and Cary Grant, "Charade". A charming movie, but it is also predictable. Still worth a watch.

What to watch today?
                              North by North West? - Classic Hitchcock
                              Buckaroo Banzai? - low budget 80s cult sci-fi
                              Snatch? Brit comedy gangster movie.
                              WillDAQ: To use the technical terms: "the Mustang is to aerodynamics what horse shit is to fine dining"

Dr Grip: Brilliant!

EyeMWing Because what fun is a silicone dick if you don't try putting it in somebody's backside at least once.

Jay IKEA now ranks up in my awesome list, quite near bacon and blowjobs.

Cowboy I've never gotten so drunk I wanted to rub one out while shoving a fire extinguisher up my ass.

Remind me never to have him round to dinner!

www.mattonmotors.com/ @MattOnMotors

Comment

If I watch Snatch, it is part of a modern British movie run that will include Lock, Stock, and Two Smoking Barrels. Throw in Shaun of the Dead and Hott Fuzz for a great group of movies. For the cherry on top, throw in Paul.
                                "I don't care who does the electing, so long as I get to do the nominating" -Boss Tweed

We’ve gone from 'Hope and Change' to 'Hope and Change Your Story.' -Bill Maher

Comment

Add Layer Cake to that list. It's been a while since I've seen it, but I seem to remember it was pretty good.
                                  Last edited by RdKetchup; July 11th, 2017, 7:01 PM.
                                  - Alright you Primitive Screwheads, listen up! You see this? This... is my BOOMSTICK!

Comment

Originally posted by neutron View Post
                                    Baby Driver.

My favourite movie of the recent 5 years most certainly. The editing, the characters, the script, and the action sequences = 10/10
                                    The first film I've ever watched twice in the cinema, and I think I'll go back for a third.

Can't recommend it highly enough.

Comment

Originally posted by RdKetchup View Post
                                      Add Layer Cake to that list. It's been a while since I've seen it, but I seem to remember it was pretty good.
                                      Daniel Craig at his very best. Great movie.

Comment

War for the planet of the Apes

Very good, on par with second I'd say. The look of the apes is just mind blowing.
                                        Saw the original, old, movie once a long time ago, but I think they kind of blend this nicely into those.

Comment

Originally posted by Cowboy View Post
                                          Logan:

Well made, well paced, well acted, very much not run of the mill superhero movie.

But holy SHIT is it sad, I mean if this is the official 'good' timeline that was created in days of future past, why the hell would we bother with any other X-men movies? Mutants are gonna die out, no new ones will be born, it's all going to be gone by 2029 except for the kids? This movie is not just about the death of Professor X and Wolverine, it's about the death of the X-men universe.
                                          I don't share that pessimistic outlook. We not only got the kids, which may or may not tie into the announced New Mutants movie, but they also know why there are no new mutants being born (anti-mutation vaccine distributed by Zander Rice). So they have the information as well as the means to revert the lack of new mutants.
                                          (Roger Ebert)

|

Comment

Working...
                                          X