Last movie you saw?

Just watched The Wraith for the first time the other day. It was wraithtastic. :p

I did find it funny that the bad guys almost always wore helmets when racing and they all died anyway. But I guess that helped disguise the stunt drivers more than anything else.

Iron Eagle

tt0091278
tt0091278
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0091278/

Fighterjets, a moronic storyline and 80's rock, I enyoyed it way, WAY to much.

Unknown

And I have to say, it's simply a remake of The Bourne Identity....... Both movies are almost similar and I caught on really very early in the movie. It's still a nice movie but it really is just too similar to Bourne Identity, and that one was better so if you plan on watching Unknown, just watch Bourne, you'll have more fun with the original.

From Dusk Till Dawn

Honestly, I've never seen it before. Not even a clip here or there, or a chunk edited for TV. So when I found it on Hulu, I gave it a shot. And what a crazy film. I knew it had something to do with vampires, but I didn't realize it would be so late in the film. It's like the movie was 2 separate films, some sort of criminals running from the law movie, and then a vampires attack flick. I really enjoyed it, I have to say. It was ridiculous, but a lot of fun to watch, kinda like most zombie movies/tv-shows. It was also cool watching George Clooney play an asshole criminal type.

8.5/10

Kick-Ass... about the 20th time i've seen it.

Please don't fuck the sequel up.

Rating 10/10.

Still my favourite film of all time.

Yeah, Kick Ass was a real surprise to me. I was expecting it to be kinda cheesy and vulgar, but it ended up having a very dark vibe to it. Towards the end I really didn't know if I was watching a comedy or not. I loved that film. It was also one of the few movies with Nick Cage in recent years that didn't suck. :p

Last edited:
The Next Three Days.

Great thriller. Russel Crowe, Liam Neeson, Olivia Wilde.

Just got back from Super 8. I didn't like the pacing or ending very much, but the cinematography, set pieces, character development, and music were brilliant. The plot isn't very 70s-laden, but the "retro" setting really shows JJ Abrams' and Steven Spielberg's dedication to filmmaking. Probably the only movie I was looking forward to this summer.

http://img41.imageshack.**/img41/9608/4313551020a.jpg

Great film. Tarsem Singh is one of my favorite directors.

Just got back from Super 8. I didn't like the pacing or ending very much, but the cinematography, set pieces, character development, and music were brilliant. The plot isn't very 70s-laden, but the "retro" setting really shows JJ Abrams' and Steven Spielberg's dedication to filmmaking. Probably the only movie I was looking forward to this summer.

You have got to be kidding me! The ending was absolutely horrendous!

So what the hell happened - the monster destroyed the whole city. Is angry at humans in general. But then it grabbed the boy, the boy said something along the line of "It's okay. I understand. Bad things happen." All of a sudden the monster felt good about the whole thing, forgave humanity and just left for his planet. SERIOUSLY???

Uh, I already said that I didn't like the ending. :|

But it still sounded like you liked the movie as a whole. It was one of the biggest disappointments (in terms of movies) for me this year, and I still can't believe what a waste of time it was. It's like they ran out of money and couldn't afford to buy an entire script, so they only bought 3/4ths.

Sorry...I'm still infuriated every time someone mentions Super 8.

Last edited:
Toy Story 3

I know there has been some discussion about it in the Funny Pics thread and the Random Entertainment Thoughts thread. This is the first time I've seen it in its entirety. First off, I'd just like to say that I was never a huge fan of the Toy Story movies. I always found the other Pixar movies far more interesting, but I did love Toy Story when I was younger. Although I think it had more to do with the computer animation than the actual film. Since then I've really enjoyed all the other Pixar films. I even own most of them, with the glaring exception of the Toy Story films.

But with this third installment, I have to say, they really grabbed me. It was a lot darker, especially towards the end with the.. well, the fire part, for those that haven't seen it. It drew me in. Anyway, I thought it was fantastic, although I understand what others have said about it being too dark and serious for younger viewers. Either way though, I give it a 10/10.

Last edited: