Last movie you saw?

Aston Martin

Proudly supports terrible french cars
Car(s)
Cactus and Panda Classic
New Police Story

As we all know, the only Jackie Chan films that count are from 1983 to 1997. His best film being 1985's Police Story, lovingly ripped off by Michael Bay. <_<
New Police Story is a 'reboot' in name only. Because this has nothing in common with the original. The plot is the same as a CSI: Miami episode... this came first. Like CSI: Miami, it's farfetched.

This is really dark, Jackie's a drunk and crying, messed up cop, but he occasionally adds his comedy-eque mannerisms which dont work with the tone of the movie.
His sidekick is a Chinese Chris Tucker, he's good... when he's not being Chris Tucker.
This gets much fucking darker. Opera music is non-stop. A little too much CGI.

The original was dubbed Glass Story, this isn't gonna disspoint on that front.
What a great ending.

After the crap hes been putting out in Hollywood for over a decade. This is Jackie how he used to be.

Also don't watch the dubbed version, thats gay.

Rating 7/10.

Target is selling the BluRay Alien "quadrilogy" ( :rolleyes: ) for $109, but each individual movie for $19.99. So you get the two worth watching for $39.98.

Alien 8/10
Aliens 9/10

Last edited:
Yeah, I found the Alien trilogy, first 3 films on DVD, at Wallymart last year for $12.99. Can't beat that.

The last movie I watched was Terminator Salvation. I've always enjoyed the Terminator movies, with the second one being the best by far, but I never bothered watching this 4th installment. I remember hearing a lot about it before it came out in theaters, but nothing afterward. Figured it was a dud. Then I found it on bluray in a 3 disc directors cut set for $10, so I thought 'what the hell' and got it.

And I was pretty surprised by how good it was. The first 3 Terminator films are all pretty much the same exact thing, just at different times in John Connors life, but this one takes place entirely during the war with the machines. The action was decent and the story wasn't bad. Good special effects and all that. It's a solid action movie, although in hindsight, nothing really ends up happening in the movie, except that John Connor finally meets up with the teenage Kyle Reese, who bangs John Connors mom sometime in the future past.

I'll give it 8/10 for an action flick, more like a 6.5/10 as a whole film.

Last edited:
I would agree with that. Normally, when I'm as excited about a movie as I was about T:S, I leave horribly let down...but I wasn't. I was OK with it. Not thrilled, but I was gladd I saw it.

Last movie watched for me: The Usual Suspects

Had a friend recommend it to me quite a while ago and I was quite surprised myself how it had slipped by for so long. But the other day I managed to sit down with two friends and finally watch it.
And what a great movie. I don't even want to go into why, if you haven't seen it: pray do. Certainly difficult to follow at times (maybe also because how the hell are you supposed to understand Fenster, ever), but definitely worth it.

I will go with the IMDB rating here, rounded up: 9 / 10

Drive Angry 3D

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1502404/

"Straight forward action movie with clich? one-liners, explosions and muscle cars"

This is the enjoyable new action flick with Grindhouse feel on it. The action is great, music is loud and gunshots louder. Nicolas Cage acts great in this and Amber Heard looks HOT. William Fichtner character suits him well and because that his acting performance is the best. Plot is not that great but who needs it in this kind of movie?

And for last for us car freaks there is 69?Charger and 71?Chevelle. Nuff said.

Rating=8.5/10

I watched Cars on Blu Ray the other night.

I'd give it a 9/10 - Pixar's work is always top notch and I loved the references to actual racing events in the past and the characters. Also RIP Paul Newman.

Last edited:
Target is selling the BluRay Alien "quadrilogy" ( :rolleyes: ) for $109, but each individual movie for $19.99. So you get the two worth watching for $39.98.

Alien 8/10
Aliens 9/10

What? No love for Alien 3? It's probably my favorite of the bunch - the dark atmosphere, the lack of weapons and technology...

Drive Angry 3D

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1502404/

"Straight forward action movie with clich? one-liners, explosions and muscle cars"

This is the enjoyable new action flick with Grindhouse feel on it. The action is great, music is loud and gunshots louder. Nicolas Cage acts great in this and Amber Heard looks HOT. William Fichtner character suits him well and because that his acting performance is the best. Plot is not that great but who needs it in this kind of movie?

And for last for us car freaks there is 69?Charger and 71?Chevelle. Nuff said.

Rating=8.5/10

I saw Drive Angry too and I thought it was a good action movie. A lot of people bashed it for being shallow and cheesy, but like you said - it has a Grindhouse feel to it. The only reason Grindhouse got better reviews was because it was directed by Tarantino...that pretentious little prick.

What? No love for Alien 3? It's probably my favorite of the bunch - the dark atmosphere, the lack of weapons and technology...

https://pic.armedcats.net/t/to/tomcat/2011/03/15/not_sure_if_serious.jpg

Besides, there was no Bill Paxton, the ultimate badass, you don't want to fuck with him.

To be honest, one of the things I love most about SciFi, besides the idea of anything being possible, is the tech. I love SciFi with advanced technology. Love it.

Anyway, I just watched World's Greatest Dad with Robin Williams. I found it cheap and I remember seeing previews that looked pretty funny, in a dark sort of way, so I picked it up. The first thing I realized about the film is that the trailer I saw only really applied to the first 1/3 of the film. The majority of the film was not what I was expecting at all. The humor wasn't exactly dark, but it was pushing it a bit. Overall I thought it was a very good film and I would recommend it. It worked on many levels, imo. A bit unrealistic at times, but I could forgive that. 8/10

Last edited:
The Mechanic remake. It was a great popcorn flick.

Brilliant, laughed my ass off. Two nice guys are mistaken for serial killers by some college kids......hilarity ensured :D

I watched the movie Paul back in the theaters. I don't watch a lot of movies.

It was pretty funny. Not the funniest from Simon Pegg and Nick Frost, but quite a good movie and I would recommend it to people if you like comedy. (Even though I'm sure a lot of you probably saw it.)

I liked the ending a lot as well, was very intense. Would give it an 8.7/10.

Mystery, Alaska - 10/10. See it. Especially if you like Hockey, Sports movies, or good movies in general.

Hangover Part 2: Really enjoyed it, might be very samey but still found it funny as did the packed out cinema 8/10

Last movie I watched - Sofia Coppola's 'Somewhere' and might I say, she must really like the sound of a Ferrari 360

Brilliant, laughed my ass off. Two nice guys are mistaken for serial killers by some college kids......hilarity ensured :D

:lol: That looks fantastic, I may have to acquire this.

Just saw the movie "Rio". Quite good for a cartoon :)
- It even has an Angry Birds game! :D

I watched The Men Who Stare at Goats last night. This was another one of those movies that I remember the previews looking funny, but once the film hit the theaters, I never heard another word about it. And it was no surprise why. I actually enjoyed the film while I watched it, but as it came to an end I realized that there really wasn't any point to it. I'm not really even sure what the plot was exactly. A couple guys in Iraq during the war with flashbacks to crazy things the Army did back in the day out of paranoia. They say there is a lot of truth in the film, even though it's a fictional story. That made some parts of the film rather funny, like when the Army generals are talking about how the Russians heard a false rumor that the Americans are experimenting with superhuman powers or something, so the Russians started experimenting with superhuman powers too, but now the Army is worried that the Russians might actually discover something, so they start their own experiments with superhuman powers as well. You can actually imagine that really happening in real life back then.

But anyway, it was an average film, not bad really, but nothing special. Lots of big actors anyway. See it if you want, or don't, it doesn't really matter. 5/10