Last movie you saw?

Moonraker is bollocks.
Moonraker is the best of all Bond movies because it makes no sense, but relies on knowledge of the established Bond persona to explain everything from directly cutting from Bond talking to a girl to them having sex to Jaws. It's awesome!

Not to mentioin it was basicly a giant panic reaction to Star Wars.

Last edited:
2 Furious 6 Fastest

I'm 10 minutes into Fast 8, this is dumber than the fucking plane scene in 6.

Fuck me, this is the worst piece of shite I've ever seen.

Last edited:
Baby Driver.

My favourite movie of the recent 5 years most certainly. The editing, the characters, the script, and the action sequences = 10/10

Logan:

Well made, well paced, well acted, very much not run of the mill superhero movie.

But holy SHIT is it sad, I mean if this is the official 'good' timeline that was created in days of future past, why the hell would we bother with any other X-men movies? Mutants are gonna die out, no new ones will be born, it's all going to be gone by 2029 except for the kids? This movie is not just about the death of Professor X and Wolverine, it's about the death of the X-men universe.

The most stupid movie I have ever saw, or at least as I cant remember! First 5-10min when they enter the island and You think WHY ARE YOU DOING THIS? WHY? WHYYY?

I know there are sci-fi movies, fantasy movies and other movies that show worlds and creatures that don't exist, but come on people! Just a little bit of logic? When You find an island that has never existed before that might contain unique flora and fauna You don't drop bombs on it! And when You are a profesional army general whole Your life and see a 20 story gorilla in front of You, You don't order Your men to fly right into it!

MV5BMTUwMzI5ODEwNF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwNjAzNjI2MDI@._V1_SY1000_CR0,0,674,1000_AL_.jpg

When life gives you lemons, they say you should make lemonade. What do you do when you mess up your knee? Yesterday I watched movies, three old movies.

The first is the best cheese to ever be put on a network primetime broadcast, or at least the kid that first seen it thought so. "The Last Chase" stars Lee Majors, Burgess Meredith, and Chris Makepeace. The only way to see it is through the Youtubes. It is a mostly okay transfer from videotape. It was worth the re-watch, but it is primetime cheese.

The second movie is "Stripes". Classic cheeseball comedy from the 80s with a truly great cast. If you have never seen it, you are missing out.

The third is a 60s classic, starring Audrey Hepburn and Cary Grant, "Charade". A charming movie, but it is also predictable. Still worth a watch.

What to watch today?

And then you get obscenely drunk on it on a school trip when you're 16 and develop a life time revulsion to the very smell of it...

What to watch today?
Three noirs. One almost forgotten but still a masterpiece of the genre: Out of the Past. Second, a picture that is legendary, and rightfully so: White Heat (which actually borders between noir and traditional gangster movie).

Finally, a noir that takes the formula away from it's usual realm of femme fatales, private eyes and gangsters, and produces the surrealist genre masterpiece in the process: The Night of the Hunter.

mitchum-love.jpg

And just add The Big Sleep to the list so we got not only Mitchum and Cagney, but also Bogart.

When life gives you lemons, they say you should make lemonade. What do you do when you mess up your knee? Yesterday I watched movies, three old movies.

The first is the best cheese to ever be put on a network primetime broadcast, or at least the kid that first seen it thought so. "The Last Chase" stars Lee Majors, Burgess Meredith, and Chris Makepeace. The only way to see it is through the Youtubes. It is a mostly okay transfer from videotape. It was worth the re-watch, but it is primetime cheese.

The second movie is "Stripes". Classic cheeseball comedy from the 80s with a truly great cast. If you have never seen it, you are missing out.

The third is a 60s classic, starring Audrey Hepburn and Cary Grant, "Charade". A charming movie, but it is also predictable. Still worth a watch.

What to watch today?

North by North West? - Classic Hitchcock
Buckaroo Banzai? - low budget 80s cult sci-fi
Snatch? Brit comedy gangster movie.

If I watch Snatch, it is part of a modern British movie run that will include Lock, Stock, and Two Smoking Barrels. Throw in Shaun of the Dead and Hott Fuzz for a great group of movies. For the cherry on top, throw in Paul.

Add Layer Cake to that list. It's been a while since I've seen it, but I seem to remember it was pretty good.

Last edited:
Baby Driver.

My favourite movie of the recent 5 years most certainly. The editing, the characters, the script, and the action sequences = 10/10

The first film I've ever watched twice in the cinema, and I think I'll go back for a third.

Can't recommend it highly enough.

Logan:

Well made, well paced, well acted, very much not run of the mill superhero movie.

But holy SHIT is it sad, I mean if this is the official 'good' timeline that was created in days of future past, why the hell would we bother with any other X-men movies? Mutants are gonna die out, no new ones will be born, it's all going to be gone by 2029 except for the kids? This movie is not just about the death of Professor X and Wolverine, it's about the death of the X-men universe.

I don't share that pessimistic outlook. We not only got the kids, which may or may not tie into the announced New Mutants movie, but they also know why there are no new mutants being born (anti-mutation vaccine distributed by Zander Rice). So they have the information as well as the means to revert the lack of new mutants.