No announcement yet.

Automation - A Car Company Tycoon Game - Latest Update

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pre-ordered the game, and have been playing around with for some hours now!

I'm quite impressed, it's really well put together. If the other parts are of equally high quality, this is going to be quite the game! Can't wait to play the release version, having all the aspects put together will be pretty awesome.

Comment

Just going to pre-order now, I want a piece of this action!

Edit: Done, running lovely. Tried to make the 2.25 out of the old Land Rover and got the power spot on (74hp) but couldn't get the torque high enough.

Really good start, looking forward to all the developments.
      Last edited by Matt2000; April 12th, 2012, 9:59 PM.

Comment

Any way to get the demo at the moment?

Comment

Originally posted by mpicco View Post
          Any way to get the demo at the moment?
          At the moment the demo is only available to people who have pre-ordered, according to their site it should be released on the 22nd to everyone else. I'm far too impatient to wait until then.

Comment

3.1L at 613hp at 10300rpm hahaha

Screw Economy, Cost, Emissions, Lifespan, etc hahah
            Last edited by XeroState; April 21st, 2012, 6:39 PM.
            "2WD SUV's are the non-alcoholic beer of the automotive world"

1982 Toyota Tercel - Sold for scrap
            1994 Chevrolet Cavalier - Sold
            2004 Saturn ION Redline w/ Stage 2 - Sold - You're a fun car and are missed
            2014 Mazda CX-5 GT

Comment

The public version of the engine designer demo is out now. So all of you that haven't pre-orederd should give it a try

Originally posted by Matt2000 View Post
              Tried to make the 2.25 out of the old Land Rover and got the power spot on (74hp) but couldn't get the torque high enough.
              I tried to make a Land Rover engine after I read this, but the 2.25 is a bit to much of a tractor engine for automation to be able to replicate it, I mean it got peak torque at 1500 rpm

Comment

Installing, to the people who've already preordered, which version are you getting?

Comment

Comment

Was playing with it today and got around 455 kw but also around 450 torques
                    Dunno who can use that engine but I make it, yo

Comment

Downloading 382MB

Want to support the FinalGear Ringmeet? Feel free to donate! We'll make sure to put it to good use. Or buy more booze.

Comment

First thoughts and issues after ~10 Minutes playing around:

- I quite enjoyed producing actually working engines.. although it didn't strike me as really hard to achieve.. (unless you have no idea of what an engine is)
                        - kinda got bored after 10 minutes.. we'll see how long it lasts next time

Issues:
                        - I think the year-preset should be for all components the same.. took me a bit until I noticed I tried to combine a 2010 block with a 1950s intake..
                        - It does not like alt+tab - crashed.
                        - some minor gfx-flickering around that reflecting parts in the background when moving the camera
                        - the time it takes to build the engine is display in some ridiculously large number (like 70 million whatsoevers)

Want to support the FinalGear Ringmeet? Feel free to donate! We'll make sure to put it to good use. Or buy more booze.

Comment

Originally posted by thomas View Post
                          the time it takes to build the engine is display in some ridiculously large number (like 70 million whatsoevers)
                          Change the target factory in the testing tab. (It defaults to 1950's America.)

Comment

Last edited by thomas; May 13th, 2012, 10:20 AM.

Comment

Earlier today the V8 update for Automation pre-orders was released.

The update features crossplane V8s (Flatplane will be added later), new graphics and 8 V8 specific scenarios plus the GUI now scales..... oh and dual exhaust for those super-high powered engines.

And some Let's plays from the devs from just before the V8 release:

Comment

Sweet, downloading now.

Comment

Automation on Steam greenlight! vote!
                                  http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile...s/?id=93233471
                                  "How would you wrestle a helicopter?"

Comment

Things have come a long way since we last posted here, have a peek at the trailer for the latest update

- - - Updated - - -

Things have come a long way since we last posted here, have a peek at the trailer for the latest update
                                    Last edited by daffyflyer-; November 30th, 2012, 1:58 PM.

Comment

That manual revving looks sweet!

Comment

Originally posted by mpicco View Post
                                        That manual revving looks sweet!
                                        Indeed. Cannot wait for it to come out!
                                        "The way I see it a car enthusiast is somebody who is enthusiastic and interested about the motor car in all its various shapes and forms from supercars to East German 2-strokes made of cardboard. Everyone else is merely a car elitist IMO." ~ Captain 70's

Get out of my way! I have photocopiers to sell! ~ Perc

"A computer is a Lite-Brite for bad fucking ideas."

FinalGear's Dash-Stroking Whore

Comment

Bought the pre-order about a week ago now, I've been having so much fun with this. I made a 1036hp 805ft-lb V8. I also made my first gold rank yesterday. Though I have yet to achieve platinum.
                                          XBL Gamer Tag: JipJopJones

Eh?
                                          I speak in Hyperboles, please don't take offence.

Comment

Working...
                                          X