Game: Automation - A Car Company Tycoon Game - Latest Update

Pre-ordered the game, and have been playing around with for some hours now!

I'm quite impressed, it's really well put together. If the other parts are of equally high quality, this is going to be quite the game! Can't wait to play the release version, having all the aspects put together will be pretty awesome.

Just going to pre-order now, I want a piece of this action! :D

Edit: Done, running lovely. Tried to make the 2.25 out of the old Land Rover and got the power spot on (74hp) but couldn't get the torque high enough. :think:

Really good start, looking forward to all the developments.

Last edited:
Any way to get the demo at the moment?

At the moment the demo is only available to people who have pre-ordered, according to their site it should be released on the 22nd to everyone else. I'm far too impatient to wait until then. :lol:

3.1L at 613hp at 10300rpm hahaha

Screw Economy, Cost, Emissions, Lifespan, etc hahah

Last edited:
The public version of the engine designer demo is out now. So all of you that haven't pre-orederd should give it a try

Tried to make the 2.25 out of the old Land Rover and got the power spot on (74hp) but couldn't get the torque high enough. :think:

I tried to make a Land Rover engine after I read this, but the 2.25 is a bit to much of a tractor engine for automation to be able to replicate it, I mean it got peak torque at 1500 rpm ;)

Installing, to the people who've already preordered, which version are you getting?

Was playing with it today and got around 455 kw but also around 450 torques :jeremy:
Dunno who can use that engine but I make it, yo

First thoughts and issues after ~10 Minutes playing around:

- I quite enjoyed producing actually working engines.. although it didn't strike me as really hard to achieve.. (unless you have no idea of what an engine is) :D
- kinda got bored after 10 minutes.. we'll see how long it lasts next time ;)

Issues:
- I think the year-preset should be for all components the same.. took me a bit until I noticed I tried to combine a 2010 block with a 1950s intake..
- It does not like alt+tab - crashed.
- some minor gfx-flickering around that reflecting parts in the background when moving the camera
- the time it takes to build the engine is display in some ridiculously large number (like 70 million whatsoevers)

the time it takes to build the engine is display in some ridiculously large number (like 70 million whatsoevers)

Change the target factory in the testing tab. (It defaults to 1950's America.)

Ah.. thanks, worked.?

BTW: 2999ccm I4, 310hp @ 7400rpm / 327Nm @6100rpm! And running on Super 95, no race-parts. >300nm all the way from 2500 to >6000!

But: Consumption is set to l/100km, yet I can only find g/kwh. In my case 334, but no idea how much that is now?!

Last edited:
Earlier today the V8 update for Automation pre-orders was released. :D

The update features crossplane V8s (Flatplane will be added later), new graphics and 8 V8 specific scenarios plus the GUI now scales..... oh and dual exhaust for those super-high powered engines. :cool:

And some Let's plays from the devs from just before the V8 release:

Sweet, downloading now. :D

Things have come a long way since we last posted here, have a peek at the trailer for the latest update :) [video=youtube_share;YnxTh-QdIKA][/video]

- - - Updated - - -

Things have come a long way since we last posted here, have a peek at the trailer for the latest update :) [video=youtube;YnxTh-QdIKA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YnxTh-QdIKA&feature=plcp[/video]

Last edited:
Bought the pre-order about a week ago now, I've been having so much fun with this. I made a 1036hp 805ft-lb V8. I also made my first gold rank yesterday. Though I have yet to achieve platinum.