The Steam thread

I finally bought a couple of games.

I bought Killing Floor and Portal 2.

Here's a list of what I picked up, spent about $230 in total. Some of it was trades, on item was a gift.

Tiny Bang Story
Steam Store
Shatter
Steam Store
Project Freedom
Steam Store
The Mawesome Pack
Steam Store
Eufloria
Steam Store
Chime
Steam Store
NyxQuest
Steam Store
Magicka Complete Pack (June 2011)
Steam Store
Osmos
Steam Store
Day of Defeat: Source
Complimentary
Summer Sale Prize - Monday Night Combat DLC
Steam Store
The Final Hours of Portal 2
Gift/Guest Pass
Terraria
Complimentary
Summer Sale Prize - Portal 2 Item
Steam Store
Fallout 3 - Game of the Year
Steam Store
Mass Effect 2
Steam Store
Mass Effect
Steam Store
Empire and Napoleon: Total War - Game of the Year Edition
Steam Store
Counter-Strike Complete
Steam Store
Penny Arcade Combo Pack
Steam Store
Killing Floor - Steampunk Mr. Froster DLC
Steam Store
Jamestown
Steam Store
OddBoxx
Steam Store
Killing Floor PostMortem Character Pack 2 DLC
Steam Store
Killing Floor - "London's Finest" DLC Character pack
Steam Store
Batman: Arkham Asylum GOTY
Steam Store
Killing Floor - Nightfall Character Pack
Steam Store
Killing Floor - Outbreak Character Pack
Steam Store
AI War Bundle
Complimentary
Summer Sale Prize - Beat Hazard DLC
Gift/Guest Pass
Monday Night Combat
Complimentary
Summer Sale Prize - Alien Breed 2
Steam Store
Beat Hazard Complete
Steam Store
Eternity's Child
Steam Store
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Call of Pripyat
Steam Store
STALKER: Shadow of Chernobyl
Steam Store
Deus Ex: Invisible War
Steam Store
Deus Ex: Game of the Year Edition
Steam Store
S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Clear Sky (ROW)
Retail
Humble Indie Bundle
Steam Store
Frozen Synapse - Two Pack
Steam Store
Torchlight
Steam Store
Darksiders
Steam Store
Zen Bound 2
Steam Store
Half-Life Complete
Steam Store
JC2 DLC - Bull's Eye Assault Rifle
Steam Store
JC2 DLC - Chevalier Classic
Steam Store
JC2 DLC: Black Market Aerial Pack
Steam Store
JC2 DLC - Monster Truck
Steam Store
JC2 DLC - Rico's Signature Gun
Steam Store
JC2 Black Market Boom Pack
Steam Store
JC2 DLC - Agency Hovercraft
Retail
Civ V Gamersgate Retail
Steam Store
Braid
Steam Store
Star Wars: KOTOR
Steam Store
Recettear: An Item Shop's Tale
Steam Store
Lead and Gold: Gangs of the Wild West
Steam Store
The Longest Journey + Dreamfall
Steam Store
Garry's Mod
Steam Store
Oblivion Game of the Year Deluxe
Steam Store
BIT.TRIP.RUNNER

I am so tempted to buy the Rockstar pack today, pft..

Here's a list of what I picked up, spent about $230 in total. Some of it was trades, on item was a gift.

Steam Store
Steam Store
Steam Store
Steam Store
Steam Store
Steam Store
Steam Store
Steam Store
Steam Store
Steam Store
Steam Store
Steam Store
Steam Store
Steam Store
Steam Store
Steam Store
Steam Store
Steam Store
Steam Store
Steam Store
Steam Store
Steam Store
Steam Store
Steam Store
Steam Store
Steam Store
Steam Store
Steam Store
Steam Store
Steam Store
Steam Store
Steam Store
Steam Store
Steam Store
Steam Store
Steam Store
Steam Store
Steam Store
Steam Store
Steam Store
Steam Store
Steam Store
Steam Store
Steam Store
Steam Store
Steam Store
Steam Store
Steam Store
Steam Store
Steam Store
Steam Store
Steam Store

I bought Portal 2.
I couldn't play it at first because it kept crashing. I looked online but couldn't find any resolutions that worked.
But then I found a miracle fix by myself. I plugged my microphone in and when I ran the game it started working! It sounds stupid but it actually worked. I couldn't believe it.

Anyways, Portal 2 is awesome. I love/hate Glados and the co-op is amazing. Good buy for under $25

Yeah, I also bought it. I didn't quite have the same issues, but it is quite fun. I played for about 45 minutes earlier.

This was entertaining:
https://pic.armedcats.net/m/mo/mooglebunny/2011/07/14/2011-07-14_00003.jpg

I was running at surprisingly good settings so that was a nice discovery upon playing it.

Last edited:
Fuck these sales. Command and Conquer games for $4 each. There goes $20. I don't even plan on playing them any time soon. But I do love me some CnC and haven't kept up recently (before you say 4 is shit, remember that it's $4).

hahaha that's my problem as well. my gamer appetite is bigger than my allotment of time. still good to know if I went bankrupt I'd have lots to do.

pretty bummed the achievements aren't unlockable any longer, I kept putting off completing a lot of them, and I never even redeemed any "tickets" for prizes!

hahaha that's my problem as well. my gamer appetite is bigger than my allotment of time. still good to know if I went bankrupt I'd have lots to do.

It's gotten to that point for me as well. I just have to cherry pick the best ones and unfortunately leave the rest. It's turned me into a little bit of an elitist actually...

That said I have been playing some Spiral Knights. That's actually a really fun game, quite classic feeling.

It's gotten to that point for me as well. I just have to cherry pick the best ones and unfortunately leave the rest. It's turned me into a little bit of an elitist actually...

That said I have been playing some Spiral Knights. That's actually a really fun game, quite classic feeling.

Yeah I've picked up spiral knights as well, but I lost interest when I realised there was only 1 main area for exploration, even if it is randomized.

I'm not sure what you mean by cherry picking, since I enjoy playing many different games. The only downside is I feel remorse for not completing all of them :\

So I went to Tasmania for a holiday and completely missed the Summer Sale. Sucks. Last thing I bought was TrackMania Forever a month ago.

Microsoft's been doing game sales too. How do their prices compare to the steam prices?

I'm not sure what you mean by cherry picking, since I enjoy playing many different games. The only downside is I feel remorse for not completing all of them :\

There's a lot of games I would like to play, but I won't because there are other games that I want to play more / are more popular or whatever the reason is. For instance, I want to play Driver: San Francisco, but I probably won't because I also want to play a bunch of others more.

Altitude
FREE WEEKEND! Play the full game for free until Sunday

It's also half price. It's a game I always thought, looked kinda cool.

*Downloads.

It's not bad.

Last edited:
Sorry to bump the thread but does anyone here by chance have Crysis on Steam? It just disappeared from my library today and wanted to know more. Yeah, I submitted a ticket but we know Steam support sucks. Hope it's got nothing to do with the EA vs. Valve bullshit, as Crysis Warhead and Wars are still there.

Looks like a Steam update fucked everything up. Guess they're switching to the new content servers.
http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2169643

Last edited:
My Crysis Wars/Crysis Warhead entries are still there.

Yeah, mine too. Just Crysis missing. People were getting freaked it might be some kind of attack but it coincided with the update. Valve not saying anything doesn't help. Hate this shit, EA's Live Chat is light years in front of Steam's Support.

This is so fucking annoying. If anyone here ever dealt with Steam support knows what I mean: wait 2-3 days for an automated response. Then another couple of useless replies and maybe after that someone will respond properly. Ugh.

Heads up if anyone's living under an e-rock or doesn't have access to internet and wouldn't see this on steam firsthand:

It's summer sale time!

I think I'm already at a new record high spending for me.... $10.... :unsure: ..... yeah I don't think I've bought anything during a summer sale before

The "Pack Deals" section is completely insane. All the games from a certain publisher for 50$. Some truly epic deals in there.