The Steam thread

cdbob

Car(s)
'09 STi (soon gone),'04 TDi, '96 MX-5 M
With all the sales and the amount of people on steam. I thought it'd be worthwhile to start a thread on this. Hell it might even be better to call it a general video game chat.

Anyways, what has everyone picked up so far at the Steam Summer Sale?

Nuttin'. :(

I actually wanna get that new Trainz sim. Looks fun and I haven't played with trains in ages! I really really hope they put it on sale. Steam and GameFly have spoiled me. I never buy games full price any more. The last thing I got was Bad Company 2 for 6 bucks.

I couldn't resist Medal of Honor for ten bucks, I'm currently playing through the singleplayer. Given the lukewarm reviews, I think it's surprisingly good so far. definitely beats MW2's SP. I'll probably at least check out the MP to see if its as much of a rehash of BC2 as people are saying it is.

I haven't bought anything but I should be able to get a couple of the ticket prizes... the TDU2 car is easy enough to just buy in-game, but Alien Breed 2 is looking pretty good.

Deals today are kinda of meh. The two that really stand out are Stalker and Deus Ex.

So far from this steam sale I've bought

Beat Hazard Complete
Eternity's Child
S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Clear Sky (ROW)
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Call of Pripyat
STALKER: Shadow of Chernobyl
Deus Ex: Invisible War
Deus Ex: Game of the Year Edition
Humble Indie Bundle (traded for second copy of Frozen Synapse)
Frozen Synapse - Two Pack
Torchlight
Darksiders
Half-Life Complete
Zen Bound 2
JC2 DLC - Monster Truck
JC2 DLC - Agency Hovercraft
JC2 DLC - Chevalier Classic
JC2 DLC - Bull's Eye Assault Rifle
JC2 DLC - Rico's Signature Gun
JC2 Black Market Boom Pack
JC2 DLC: Black Market Aerial Pack
Civ V Gamersgate Retail ($11 @ gamer's gate)
Braid
Star Wars: KOTOR
Recettear: An Item Shop's Tale
Lead and Gold: Gangs of the Wild West
Oblivion Game of the Year Deluxe
The Longest Journey + Dreamfall
Garry's Mod (+1 another copy as a gift)
BIT.TRIP.RUNNER

For a grand total of about $105

Last edited:
THQ Hit Collection
Items included:

Company of Heroes
Company of Heroes: Opposing Fronts
Darksiders?
Homefront
Metro 2033
MX vs ATV Reflex
Red Faction Guerrilla
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Shadow of Chernobyl
Saints Row 2
Titan Quest
Titan Quest - Immortal Throne
Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War II: Retribution
Warhammer? 40,000?: Dawn of War? II

All for $49.99
mother-of-god-super-troopers.jpg

I would actually play most of them, I might gift out the MX game, the Titan Quest stuff, and Saints Row 2 as I played it on XBOX. Everything else looks decent though, and I always wanted to play Homefront and Dawn of War II. Metro 2033 would be fun for the single player campaign, and too benchmark my system on.

Battlefield Bad Company 2.... I feel as if I should have purchased more looking at both cdbob's and RJ's lists.:lol:

It's fun... Also according to MSI afterburner I'm getting ~90 fps on max settings at temps around 66c...so that's nice.

It's fun... Also according to MSI afterburner I'm getting ~90 fps on max settings at temps around 66c...so that's nice.

Oh I have BFBC2, I haven't bought the THQ pack.

That seems a bit high for a single 6950 though, what is your resolution, and by max settings list them out. Also don't consider the max FPS, take an average. Benchmarks of that card have it pegged around 35ish min, 50ish Max fps at Max detail 1920x1080 and 4xAA and 16xAF.

My bad I appear to have left the aa at 4 and af also at 4...now to check fps with everything up...

Ok with everything turned up I'm getting 60fps.

I'm thinking about picking up the two Stalker sequels since I haven't played them but loved the original.

And Beat Hazard looks pretty fun too... :think: