TV: Parks & Recreation

edkwon

Forum Addict
Car(s)
2020 Kia Telluride, Tesla Model Y
I thought I came across it a year ago and wanted to comment on the show now that I started getting into it, but it seems like it's deleted or locked. Can't find it on search anywhere.

Are you sure we had a thread? I'm not.

I've renamed this thread -- it's the thread now. :)

Yay. Couple of weeks ago when I was @home on sick leave because of my broken foot I watched all the eps up till now... I totally love it! Especially Ron Swanson and Tom...

+1 for Parks & recreation. Great show.

Ron Swanson is quickly becoming my fave character, finished season 3 on netflix

tumblr_lydqx6kDxE1qgj7xho1_500.gif

And my friend just got a couple tickets, going to see him live standup this fri night!

http://largo.laughstub.com/show.cfm?id=125745

Honestly, I would say start at the very beginning. Start with season 1/episode 1 and work your way through it. Its only season 4 right now so it wont take that much time to catch up.

Not that the show is real story-dependent, but if you start at the beginning I think you'll get a much deeper appreciation (and find some things much funnier) of the new episodes being shown now.

Honestly, I would say start at the very beginning. Start with season 1/episode 1 and work your way through it. Its only season 4 right now so it wont take that much time to catch up.

Not that the show is real story-dependent, but if you start at the beginning I think you'll get a much deeper appreciation (and find some things much funnier) of the new episodes being shown now.

Thirded. This is one show that's worth watching from the beginning.

anyone think season 4 is a bit weak compared to their earlier efforts?

I think its just that its much more relationship biased now that Leslie and Ben are together. The show is much funnier when they're actually doing Parks and Recreation related things, or when Tom is doing one of his crazy new ventures.

Still love the show, but I definitely understand what you're saying

UCLA (Los Angeles). I'll check out a couple episodes

Season 1 is honestly not very good, I had a hard time enjoying it, but you kind of have to suffer thru the generic writing and cheap laughs to get to season 2, where the characters are much funnier and the series becomes much more enjoyable. It took me about 3 weeks to finish 6 eps of season 1, seasons 2-4 I finished in about a week.

It was exactly the same for me... First 6 eps took forever, but then I watched a couple of ep ins bulk all the time...

Ron swanson is my favorite character currently on television.

Watched the first episode just before and it was kinda dull, still, only six episodes in the first season and if what you people say is true and that it starts picking up with season 2 then I'll stick with it!

Watched the first episode just before and it was kinda dull, still, only six episodes in the first season and if what you people say is true and that it starts picking up with season 2 then I'll stick with it!

As I've said before, all of season 1 blows, it's cliched, generic and not very funny. I would have quit watching the show except everyone kept telling me it gets awesome once you get into season 2.

Finished the first series and I didnt think it was too bad. Not brilliant obviously, and I'm glad there was only six episodes :p.

I'm about three episodes into Season 2 and already it's much better though!