Hitman: Absolution

SpitfireMK461

Car(s)
2013 Mini Cooper S
The long-running Hitman series continues with the fifth installment, Absolution. Bloodmoney left the players with Agent 47 being betrayed by his organization, and his death being faked in order to escape. Now the game seems to put 47 on a path for answers and revenge.

By the looks of the trailer, this game seems to be more action focused than the previous games, but that could also just be for marketing. It would surprise me if the stealth side of the game was done away with.

I didn't officially get into the series until Bloodmoney, but I had experience with it long before that. I can say that Bloodmoney was a very entertaining game, and this new trailer has me very excited for Absolution, and I don't get excited about many games anymore.

The last one I played 'seriously', was 2: Silent Assassin. All I could remember was that the graphics were pretty damned good at that time, and that you could take tons of bullets without dying :p

I'm still disappointed they replaced the original 47 voice actor, and that they seem to be experimenting quite a bit with the gameplay... but I'll likely still get this. I'm glad to see that at least infiltration by changing clothes and the choice between sneaking around and blasting the hell out of everything seems to still be there. I'll be even happier if you still have as many different ways of completing missions as before too.

Never played a Hitman game, but after watching these...

:lol:

I'm on board. If you preorder from Amazon they send you the sniper challenge code straight away... so, you could in theory get the code and then cancel the preorder. I have the challenge and have the preorder.

That was hilarious! :lol:

I only played the first one a while back and it wasn't very good, but I heard they're making an "HD Trilogy" including all the Hitman games except the first one (so Hitman 2: Silent Assassin, Hitman: Contracts and Hitman: Blood Money). I'm probably gonna get that before I get Absolution.

That was hilarious! :lol:

I was gonna buy Blood Money, but I just watched all of his videos instead. :D

The Sniper Challenge, is cool and infuriating. No, he did not see me!!! Start and restart level. Getting Silent Assassin is hard.
The quest continues...

I loved playing Blood Money. Silent Assassin ratings are fun to try and get. I think when I was doing it for the achievement on 360 I got most of the 6 I needed on my own (thanks splinter cell skills),some I watched a vid. I did not try on all the missions though.

Just got an email from Amazon for PC ?24.99, thats cheap. Shame i'm getting the PS3 one.

Tools of the Trade trailer

The Inception blaring at the end actually seems to fit well, and I'm getting more excited and more certain that this could be the most fun Hitman of them all. Playing through the game to beat it is one thing, but I loved going back and completing missions in more and more creative and outlandish ways. They seem to be expanding on that to a whole new level for this installment.

Last edited:
They do seem pretty committed to letting you sneak around quietly and cause "accidents." This is a good thing :D

I just bought it from work, we class it as a 'sports game' :|

It's my first Hitman game, I enjoyed the sniper challenge. So looking forward to booting this up.

I'm the worst Hitman ever, I get bored in stealth and just shoot motherfuckers.

Been going for Silent Assassin during all the missions, and it works out quite well.. except for the rescue mission. Decided that would be the time to go off my rocker and clean the house up.

enjoying the shit out of this, im on 3/4 through and i think its pretty awesome, production quality is top notch. It is however not exactly the same feel as the old ones... more splinter cell conviction'ish?