Doom 3 BFG Edition

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Doom 3 BFG Edition

So it seems iD decided to go insane and release some kind of expansion pack for Doom3 7 years after it was launched... So crazy, I'm actually considering buying it

Linky link to the good stuff

The BFG Edition includes remastered versions of the 2004 first-person shooter, its 2005 expansion Resurrection of Evil, and The Lost Mission, a new seven-mission pack. It also contains the original Doom and Doom II games
    That's some pretty good bang for your buck for 40$ considering D3 + all the expansions is one hell of a long experience and getting D1&2 after they were ported to modern OSs is just pure cash.

I'm excited, and I want my BIG FUCKING GUN!

Tempting, very tempting...oh wait...

The gameplay will also receive changes in the form of a new checkpoint system and an armor-mounted flashlight, allowing players to operate weaponry while simultaneously illuminating Doom 3's darkened environments.
    FUCK YOU, iD! Sounds like they will dumb down the game so that 3-year-olds will be able to play.
    "It's the difference between watching great sex and having good sex." - Labcoatguy on the difference between an automatic and a manual gearbox.

Comment

More interested in this as a tech demo for Carmack's dabblings in head-mounted displays, because that's a technology that's 10 years overdue for maturing.

Comment

Originally posted by _HighVoltage_ View Post
        Tempting, very tempting...oh wait...

FUCK YOU, iD! Sounds like they will dumb down the game so that 3-year-olds will be able to play.
        Baaaa that does sound dumbed down

I hate it when a perfectly good product get's lobotomized for the masses.

Comment

Working...
        X