Euro Truck Simulator 2

Too bad you can't get the sideskirts and exhausts on anything but 4x2. :( I want 6x4 to control the Scania more, but it looks like crap.

THIS!

Longnose Scanias and Lolvos would be nice to, and throw in an unlockable Yank for the hell of it, also, vertical pipes instead of horizontals, and aftermarket rear wheel covers instead of the el-cheapo plastic ones.

*edit*

Just thought of something else, harbor areas where you can get the container loaded on the trailer instead of picking it up, hell the harbors are already there for the ferry's.

Last edited:
Tried the demo. My truck is slow. Needs more horsepower! :(

I SUCK at reverse parking the trailer. It's the reverse of the reverse!

Took out the ?500k loan, upgraded my garage, bought two more 750hp 6x4 Volvos and hired two drivers. Unfortunately there are only making me around ?2,000 a day and the loan repayments are far higher than that the bastards. Anyway of maximising income from your drivers?

First time in Italy, First intersection, get T-boned by a Fiat running a red light.........BLOODY ITALIANS!

Last edited:
I really want to start playign this seriously tomorrow. Couple questions.

Has anyone got a full updated version running with a cracked .exe and not have the register issue? Or is everyone on 1.1.1 or whatever? I currently have that installed.

Also do the mods work with all versions?

What keyboard set ups have people found the most user friendly? Is there a button I can map to look left or right? I don't like reaching for my mouse every time.

Thanks.

Tried it out, first time I approached a corner at speed, I slowed down to 30 kph. And I still thought I was going to roll it. My god, it's fun, though.

Is there a button I can map to look left or right? I don't like reaching for my mouse every time.
Try the buttons 4 to 9 on the Num pad, they are mapped for looking around by default.

I have to hit enter everytime.
Does the parking experience scale with the level/distance travelled? I've been hitting Enter as well, since the exp bonus just seems a bit negligible when the distance travelled is high

Took out the ?500k loan, upgraded my garage, bought two more 750hp 6x4 Volvos and hired two drivers. Unfortunately there are only making me around ?2,000 a day and the loan repayments are far higher than that the bastards. Anyway of maximising income from your drivers?
I just took the 100K loan. That $500K loan was just a big trap to me

I really want to start playign this seriously tomorrow. Couple questions.

Has anyone got a full updated version running with a cracked .exe and not have the register issue? Or is everyone on 1.1.1 or whatever? I currently have that installed.

Also do the mods work with all versions?

What keyboard set ups have people found the most user friendly? Is there a button I can map to look left or right? I don't like reaching for my mouse every time.

Thanks.

I steer with the mouse, left button is throttle, right brake, middle one is cruise control, this is for the right hand.
I find this works well, you might have to fiddle with the mouse sensitivity though.

Left arrow is panning left, up arrow is center view forward, right is panning right, right Ctrl is indicator left, and numpad 0 is indicator right, this is obviously for the left hand.

Everything else you can remap so it makes sense to you and do with the left hand as well as you really don't need any of it that much.

Also don't go fiddling with pirated stuff, to each his own but it's a budget game from a small company as is, they need all the help they can get, and they did a kickass job with this one, although I STILL can't figure out why it's so addictive, just download the demo and if you like it buy the damn thing, no hassels with any upgrades later on.

Last edited:
Does the parking experience scale with the level/distance travelled? I've been hitting Enter as well, since the exp bonus just seems a bit negligible when the distance travelled is high

I just drove from Wien near Prague to Hannover, same 45 EXP for parking as before, hasn't changed, but i dont know if maybe at higher levels the reward is better

I just took the 100K loan. That $500K loan was just a big trap to me

I'm making more than enough to pay the loan repayments even if they aren't so I'm just sticking with it. There income should increase as they get experience and I'm making an effort to visit all the locations I haven't as sometimes they come back empty due to not being able to get jobs.

I've had this game since launch, but I only got around to hooking up my G25 today, I used the keyboard before. My God it is so much fun with the wheel, I love it! :D Is anyone else using the Range-Splitter H-shifter mode? I figured I'd give it a try since it claimed it was closest to the real thing, but good grief it's hilariously complicated. :lol:

So, I'm bored with this now. :dunno:

So go do something else then......you will be back. :evil:

About the gear thing.....most long haulers these days are automatics, and torque numbers are so enormous that you can 'skip' gears in a manual unless you are really at the vehicles limit , so don't confuse yourself to much with it :p

Me? I just run auto's, I have an empire to build :p

Last edited:
Had my first major accident. A car was passing another truck over a blind hill on a B-road in Austria right as I was coming up the hill. Instant 20% damage. But no fine!