Euro Truck Simulator 2

I can't park for shit...

I've had this game since launch, but I only got around to hooking up my G25 today, I used the keyboard before. My God it is so much fun with the wheel, I love it! :D Is anyone else using the Range-Splitter H-shifter mode? I figured I'd give it a try since it claimed it was closest to the real thing, but good grief it's hilariously complicated. :lol:

no, i set it to auto, using 3rd and 4th for D and R, i can't be bothered to wear out my G25 1000 shifts a day just for accuracy sake :p

I really want to try my G25 for crazy shifting fun, but I'm not sure what I would do about looking around. When you don't have a trailer you can just pretend it's a 4 speed, 3rd to 6th to 9th to 12th :lol: Shifting through every gear loses you more in shift time than you gain in acceleration.

I also park every time, even without the experience gain it's a good challenge, especially in those crazy lots with the narrow archways.

I really want to try my G25 for crazy shifting fun, but I'm not sure what I would do about looking around

assign the arrow keys on the shifter? or just use the mouse, it's what i do

About the gear thing.....most long haulers these days are automatics, and torque numbers are so enormous that you can 'skip' gears in a manual unless you are really at the vehicles limit , so don't confuse yourself to much with it :p

Me? I just run auto's, I have an empire to build :p

I usually go through every second gear, but because the Range-Splitter mode has two different toggles, hitting the wrong toggle can end up in some serious confusion before I find the gear I was looking for. :p

As for looking around, I use the mouse as well, but my mouse is wireless so I suppose that might not be quite as convenient with a wired mouse.

I put mods in the mod folder but nothing changes. Am I supposed to do anything else besides unzipping them into the mod folder? Can't find any info on it.

Just put the scs files in your my documents/euro truck simulator 2/mod folder.

Got the mods working. Thanks. Anyone have any tips for growing your business fast? I am making about 5k pounds per run which is not going good. Does the loan auto pay every day? The repay button is grayed out. I don't see it worth it to take the ferry or train out of the UK as the jobs don't really seem to pay much more.

Got the mods working. Thanks. Anyone have any tips for growing your business fast? I am making about 5k pounds per run which is not going good. Does the loan auto pay every day? The repay button is grayed out. I don't see it worth it to take the ferry or train out of the UK as the jobs don't really seem to pay much more.

It auto pays everyday, i'd say get a steady revenue going and level up a bit before jumping into a loan, 100k isnt enough for a decent truck. Everytime you level up use the skill points for ADR certs and bonuses for long distance and urgent/fragile jobs, that will ramp up your pay soon enough, and sort for price per distance when selecting jobs. I don't like driving to UK cause of the opposite side and silly lack of easy speed conversion.

I got the 100k loan, bought the base model MAN and stuck to the UK because it's in MPH. I also got the UK conversion on the truck. Lol, seems like I did everything wrong. I am only level 3 right now and used all the level up bonuses for the money bonus per load. Maybe I will just be daring and take out the other 400k, upgrade my shop and hire a driver.

Well, there's nothing wrong per se, if you ever run out of money you can always do quick jobs, it just takes longer, and money bonus helps, once you hit a higher level, which if you drive right is easy, you'll get up to at least 10-15k a day early on

I took the 400k loan and paid off the 100k one. Bought a Volvo with a 750hp motor and has the steering wheel on the left. Beats the shit out of the 230hp MAN. Upgraded the shop, hired a driver and gave the MAN to her. I was at about 11k a day before I did this. So we will see what happens.

I bought a bottom-barrel truck with the first 100k loan, worked out fine for me, you can do any job with it. For leveling I focused on all the ADR first, then put one point each in high value and fragile. After that, two points in just-in-time then max out long distance, at which point you have every load unlocked and further points just go into xp bonuses. I suppose another way to do it would be to pick one thing and max it out, then stick to those deliveries, but I like to have options.

Currently working on a delivering a digger from Burmingham to Wroclaw for a cool 61k :cool:

USELESS DRIVERS, MOVE WHEN ITS GREEN, why do people on the opposite side try to turn left when my straight is open, what the hell kind of traffic coding is this. Also rail crossings need a different marker than being the same as a dead end marker on the map, i just slammed straight into one because it was on a crest.

AND SHUT THE EFFING HELL UP ABOUT ME BEING TIRED, I KNOW, blocking my GPS EVERYTIME TO REMIND ME does not help :/

You can just turn off the fatigue simulator.. But, I'm curious, what's the effect of driving past the tired-limit? Will the reaction be poor or be more prone to under-steer?

I got to 1 hour once, the screen fades a bit and simulates your eyes closing, im tempted to turn off fatigue, but i want to be a bit fair, it just becomes too easy otherwise.

Do i bother with the 6x4 layout? Does it help at high speed? And other than the 3500Nm 750hp volvo, is there any engine better? Everything i unlock seems to be worse, i might just stick with this truck and buy some shitbox for a driver i eventually hire

Also, its amazing there are no smooth flowing roads, everything is a weird angle :/ The only good road i ever found was driving to Wien from Nurnberg, nice fast flowing highway, easily do 130+ for most of it.

You are not supposed to do 130+ :p

*refuses to cheat*

I don't like driving to UK cause of the opposite side and silly lack of easy speed conversion.
Settings --> Gameplay --> Use Miles.

This will change every digital readout to miles. ;)

yes, everytime i cross the border, no thank you, your GPS should change automagically...