Euro Truck Simulator 2

I got the demo, and it really is way more fun than I think it should be :) I mean, a driving game where you have to obey the driving laws, and are always in a diesel vehicle shouldn't be fun. I'm temped to buy it, but my Crossfire 5770s aren't that great for it. I might be due for an upgrade.

How to I get my twat drivers to take jobs where they drop off instead of drive ALL the way back to the shop? I am at about $22,000 a day and they are at about $2,000. Also can you only hire low rated drivers? Where are all the good ones?

I've been wondering that too, they're basically wasting time.. But it's probably just a way the AI works?

And about the low rating, I think it's designed so they level up like you do with experience.

Hired drivers start with only doing deliveries and returning to base, but after a bit of experience they do start bringing stuff back if they find a job back to zurich, unlike you, they are limited to coming back after a job, so theyre only able to find jobs back to zurich, which arent always there

I got the demo, and it really is way more fun than I think it should be :) I mean, a driving game where you have to obey the driving laws, and are always in a diesel vehicle shouldn't be fun. I'm temped to buy it, but my Crossfire 5770s aren't that great for it. I might be due for an upgrade.

I'm running it with every setting on high/ultra and I have a single 4870 so you'll be fine with two 5770s.

My settings are all on high/medium, and performance is not great on my 4890.... in particular the blinker and headlights cause some odd behavior. Blinkers cause slowdown in time with the clicking, and headlights cause a brief slowdown when turned on, then a brief speed up when turned off :?

I'm running it with every setting on high/ultra and I have a single 4870 so you'll be fine with two 5770s.

I'm also running 3 monitors, so I have a resolution of something like 5760x1200 (that not exact). I have a i5-2500k, but everything is on low becuase of the resolution. I think I may order a new video card and get some more ram.

there isnt true multi monitor support for the game yet , id say dont spend money on a game you might play a bit of and get bored

there isnt true multi monitor support for the game yet , id say dont spend money on a game you might play a bit of and get bored

Define "true multi-monitor support". It worked fine for me. It saw the larger resolution and worked. The field of view was much improved. Honestly, though, this is my gaming computer that is used, almost exclusively, for iRacing. iRacing does play fine, but I've wanted to crank up the graphics for a while, so this is just an excuse :) Plus I can probably see the current video cards for a little bit and get some money back from buying a new video card. The longer I wait, the less money the 5770s will be (not that they aren't pretty cheap already)

If you notice the info box is now all the way to the right and the angles as far as people have told me it stretches are wrong, not to mention you still probably cannot see the right view mirror, i read they are working on a proper multi monitor setting, when that happens i dont know

Is there any realistic benefit of getting the 6x2-4 upgrade (another set of wheels at the back), or the globetraveller? Will I grip the road better or sleep faster, respectively?

I drove over a car. It was almost like rock crawling. The drivers of the other cars were strangely calm about the whole thing :)

They always have the attitude of, "O...k. Just let him go" :p

Is there any realistic benefit of getting the 6x2-4 upgrade (another set of wheels at the back), or the globetraveller? Will I grip the road better or sleep faster, respectively?

nothing useful that i've noticed, Only the 6x2-4 turns better in small areas, no real benefit at highway speeds and the globetraveller doesnt seem to help any significant way either, but there was a physics comparison of a few trucks on their blog, they didnt mention specifics.

Other than engine and drivetrain, exhaust and other bits should improve the truck, spends thousands just for looks seems stupid, at least add proper brake upgrades

Dunno if I uploaded it here, but this happened to me a while back.

Everybody waiting for everybody else:

This lasted a good 10 minutes (of real time, not game time), so the only thing for me to do was to go into FUCK YOU I'M A TRUCK mode.

Whoa! How did you get so much traffic?

No idea, I got there, there was the truck waiting, didn't have the nerve to go, noone would let him move either and cars just started piling up.

I had the same thing happen, always on that same kind of off ramp, something about the design fucks up the AI.

AI waits way too long for a gap, so in some places a gap just never comes and traffic piles. The next update claims to have AI fixes.

I had a similar issue happen to me today as well, and I too lost patience and just went around everyone. Luckily I managed to avoid hitting anyone :p I really hope they can fix this in the next patch.

Fines for HGV's are in many cases quite high in general, and differ greatly in the different European countries. I saw a report on inspections of animal transports in Denmark (where they apparently do over a thousand inspections each year while the Swedish police made about 10-ish) and some guy (=his employer) was fined about ?2100 on the spot for having a few too many animals onboard.

I can however report that ignoring stop signs does not appear to incur any tickets in ETS2, I've accidentally blasted through two four way intersections at 90, the first one going happily along cruise at 90km/h realizing too late that there's an intersection ahead and that I have no chance in hell of stopping, compelling me to skillfully dodge traffic from both directions by millimeters while going "oh shit oh shit oh shit".

Also I started out in Germany and I love the transition to the UK, get on the ferry, get off the ferry, read all the signs saying DRIVE ON THE LEFT and then going the wrong direction on the first motorway onramp that comes along. Cue hazards and awkward reversing of shame. :lol:
Overtaking on the single lane roads in Scotland in the dark while sitting on the left side was also very frightening and enjoyable!

We need ETS2 thread.

I joined this forum - JUST to reply to you. Especially the blasting through intersections. It's hilarious to do it in game! And I've also had to narrowly avoid cars by millimetres. I've found a way around the stop lights in the city by driving ... on the sidewalks. Yes, on the side walks.

I've been lucky not to make the wrong way mistake. Yet. *L*

LOL I have!

For you guys buying trucks, what brand are you going with? I like the MAN trucks.

I got Volvo, for the 750 HP engine ... I got it when I was level 10 (after spending the last 9 levels doing "hired" jobs).
I got a $400,000 loan, bought the F16H and a cheaper truck for my driver. He has a base model, no upgrades (lol) while mine is pimped. (See below)
http://imageshack.**/a/img823/7933/20121112ets2valiantrear.png
http://imageshack.**/a/img9/9131/20121112ets2valiantside.png
(not sure ... but I need more lights I think...)

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm still trying to figure out how I managed to do this ...
http://img843.imageshack.**/img843/1217/ets200000z.png

It's a (I think) 40+ foot drop straight down so I hope my guy got out of the truck safely. *LOL*