Euro Truck Simulator 2

MAYBE one of you can help me out ... I'm from North American - Canada - and was confused while on a trip (in game) a couple days ago.
While driving near Koln, I came across a road that, for a short stretch of maybe 10-20 kilometres, had red paint along the outer edge. What for?

Probably no stopping?

MAYBE one of you can help me out ... I'm from North American - Canada - and was confused while on a trip (in game) a couple days ago.
While driving near Koln, I came across a road that, for a short stretch of maybe 10-20 kilometres, had red paint along the outer edge. What for?

Trying to comprehend German rules and legislation is like trying to divide by zero, no normal human being has ever been able to, and if we did the universe would implode.

In other words: I have no idea.

Just hired my 4th driver. I now have a garage at Brasalavwhatever (that city at the most South-East). This is in addition to my Luxembourg garage and my starter one in London. I'm getting to the point where I can get a new truck+driver after every 2 deliveries. Soon... European domination!

im about to hire my fourth driver, finally my first three are making decent monies. Also need to save up for a second garage, dont want them all working out of Zurich. but it's pretty damned expensive :/

Just keep taking jobs, you'll get there!

Via SolitudeSeraph on irc

057R7.png

According to Wikipedia, in the UK this would mean no stopping. No idea if the same applies to Germany however.

Being American, I had to look up the white sign with a black diagonal stripe.

I just figured that everything but the sharp turn and sped camera signs mean "floor it"

Yeah, I'm on cruise control 90% of the time

According to Wikipedia, in the UK this would mean no stopping. No idea if the same applies to Germany however.
I've never heard of anything like that in Germany, we only have white (normally) or orange markings (in road works where the normal white markings are overridden temporarily). We have a sign on a pole for not stopping (red outer circle with a red cross on blue ground in the middle), not some color-coded markings on the side of the road.

Out of town you aren't allowed to stop except when you have a puncture or something else when there is a continuous line on the edge of the road, but the markings are always white.

Maybe that's simulated road-kill being dragged along the road? SCS is doing a lot of development for the game :p

So euhrmmm, anyone still playing? :p

I'm level 28 at the moment, with a small company set up, personal money is flying in, company money not so much :p

This is my personal R730 :

ets2_00034.png

And I have 5 company R730's running, all identical:

ets2_00030.png

Last edited:
I'm still playing, have a big HQ in london and a Smaller one in Stuttgart. With a Black Scania with the 730HP engine for me and 500HP ones for everyone else

I did have 5 garages with 3 drivers each but then I worked out that if you get a garage at the two extremities of the map and then quick travel between them your money shoots up.

Still playing too, have 7 drivers, and two garages, one large, one medium, the reason your money shoots up if you quick travel is that you lose 12 hours, great for earning money if youre lazy, but your own productivity goes.

Got almost all drivers on Valiant F16s, but i have two MAN TGX and a Scania 620, not yet level 25 so waiting on the last engine unlock to upgrade it.

Covered about 50% of the map in exploration, havent visited all cities yet, since i dont trust my drivers to cover loan instalments or earn enough to buy a new truck and driver every few days like i can with driving, so im still taking jobs everywhere and not free roaming yet.

Quiky told me and its true if you give them the best engines they will do better, not sure about anything else but engine wise go for top shelf and the drivers level up faster and earn better

Also, running real company mod 1.4, which replaces a lot of trailer skins and logos, and no speed limit mod. I stopped using the physics mod since it felt too weird and was causing the truck to slide too easy.

Last edited:
No Iveco, no care.

Does look like a decent game. I probably won't download it due to lack of free time, maybe in a month or so.

I've still kept my truck stock externally. I'll probably only pimp it out when I get a decent company running