Euro Truck Simulator 2

I just want more meaningful upgrades for a start, and some technical info on the different chassis. Better grip from better tyres, better upgrades than engine and gearbox, their realism idae only partially works, it's a game after all, let us have some modicum of the "game". Older SCS truck sims were so much fun, they removed too many features, i would take a less detailed world for some of the fun to return

I just want more meaningful upgrades for a start, and some technical info on the different chassis. Better grip from better tyres, better upgrades than engine and gearbox, their realism idae only partially works, it's a game after all, let us have some modicum of the "game". Older SCS truck sims were so much fun, they removed too many features, i would take a less detailed world for some of the fun to return

Good points. In the interest of realism as well, it would be nice to have cargos require n axles and proper fuel usage simulation (idling uses fuel damnit!)

Even without the flash sale, the game is still 50% off (brings it to $20) for the duration of the Steam Summer Sale. Worth every penny, especially since patch 1.4 was released recently with a new truck (Iveco Stralis Hi-Way), much quicker load times, and a massive amount of map improvements. And idling finally consumes fuel!

Even without the flash sale, the game is still 50% off (brings it to $20) for the duration of the Steam Summer Sale. Worth every penny, especially since patch 1.4 was released recently with a new truck (Iveco Stralis Hi-Way), much quicker load times, and a massive amount of map improvements. And idling finally consumes fuel!

Also, true triple monitor support! You get a choice of a single, really wide FOV spread over the monitors (old behavior), or three separate viewports. Each has an FOV of about 80?, which is a bit high (combined FOV is over 180? rather than the 135? my setup is geared for), but it's just early support, so I'm sure later patches will include an FOV slider. I think the engine has been made more efficient, too, because the old triple-monitor setup used to bring my 5850 to its knees, but now it runs just fine!

Bit of a curve ball, but I've been playing Scania Truck Driving Simulator, which at first I thought was just a watered down version of the same game. But this is completely wrong, it's actually a set of timed challenges requiring extremely precise vehicle control, and is really fun! For example, the first "dangerous drive" is a mockup of the Road of Death that Top Gear drove in the Brazil special. The goal is to get to the end as fast as possible, touching anything deducts points and of course you lose if you fall off :D

Bit of a curve ball, but I've been playing Scania Truck Driving Simulator, which at first I thought was just a watered down version of the same game. But this is completely wrong, it's actually a set of timed challenges requiring extremely precise vehicle control, and is really fun! For example, the first "dangerous drive" is a mockup of the Road of Death that Top Gear drove in the Brazil special. The goal is to get to the end as fast as possible, touching anything deducts points and of course you lose if you fall off :D

If you're into the various challenges like that, you might want to look into Trucks and Trailers as well. It's just a huge series of timed challenges with the trucks. I killed quite a few hours perfecting my parking technique in that game :p

How realistic is the handling of the trucks? Any real truck drivers on here?

If you're into the various challenges like that, you might want to look into Trucks and Trailers as well. It's just a huge series of timed challenges with the trucks. I killed quite a few hours perfecting my parking technique in that game :p

Or maybe Big Rigs: Over the Road Racing

Im kind sad I missed out on this during the Steam sale. While American semis are far cooler, for some reason I think I'd really like this game. I might be the only one who really enjoyed the semi missions in GTA: San Andreas.

Earlier in the thread, Cowboy mentioned ETS2 handles better than the full-size training simulators..

Thanks for the info, I'll check it out.

Im kind sad I missed out on this during the Steam sale. While American semis are far cooler, for some reason I think I'd really like this game. I might be the only one who really enjoyed the semi missions in GTA: San Andreas.

There are at least two of us.

Semi missions rocked!

Also nice real world video from Belgian trucker

So, if anyone still hasn't got the game, it's just $8.50 on GamersGate, or you can buy the Gold pack for $17.50, which includes the Going East! DLC. Scania Truck Driving Simulator is also on sale for $4.99, and it's a pretty nifty game to revisit: http://www.gamersgate.com/developer/1046/scs-sofware

Speaking of the DLC, anyone else here have it? I bought it soon as it came out, and I'm quite happy with it, though the game does seem to have some occasional FPS issues for me ever since I got it. The scenery is pretty well-done however, as are most of the roads. It should be a joy to drive once the AI rewrite is rolled out!

Speaking of the DLC, anyone else here have it? I bought it soon as it came out, and I'm quite happy with it, though the game does seem to have some occasional FPS issues for me ever since I got it. The scenery is pretty well-done however, as are most of the roads. It should be a joy to drive once the AI rewrite is rolled out!

I got the DLC. I'm quite happy with it.

Given I have a GTX670 and run the game on only one screen at a steady 60fps with VSync on, I didn't notice any FPS issues on Windows, but did on Linux. I chalked it up to the OpenGL renderer being not as fast (it isn't even on windows) and the game itself not being mature on Linux, but now you tell me it happens on windows too... hmm... More testing needed.

You know, my Dad was a truck driver for many years. When I had summer break from school, I use to go with him. I honestly hated it. For me, truck driving in the US is BORING. I read a lot to pass the time. But, for some reason, it's much more appealing to me in Europe. I like the trucks more and the scenery is much more pleasant. Perhaps that's why I enjoy the game so much. If I thought I could do it, I would move the UK and drive.