Euro Truck Simulator 2

Just round to the nearest 5.

30 mph - 50 kph
50 mph - 80 kph
55 mph - 90 kph
60 mph - 95 kph
70 mph (national speed limit) - 110 kph

Pretty much the only speed limits you'll run into. I started the game with a UK truck and upgraded to a Euro one so I learned the conversions pretty quick, even switched the use miles setting in options.

Customizing my DAF, I didn't realize there were all these light bars in the game, non of this is available for the Renault Premium. I used to hate driving at night, no longer an issue with 18 forward facing high beams and room to grow :D. Didn't notice it was dawn until my I looked in the rear view.

Avoid Dover, what a bag of shite those speed cameras are. :mad:
I started with the 500k, hired 2 guys. I've never lost money. I'm a level 7 and maxed out my long distance, because I hate driving in cities.
Manchester to Slovakia or something like that 65k. :mrgreen:

I found out you can fast travel, so i'm buying a garage there.

In regards to setting the view commands, I have them set to the D-pad on my DFGT and it works pretty well.

Up is set to cabin view (I tried center view first, but this way it will take me back to the cabin if I change to another view), left is set to left view (not look left, as that takes too long to work your way around the cabin IMO), right is set to right view, and back is set to the lean-out backup view (the game treats this as a separate camera, hence setting up to cabin view to get me back in the cabin).

I also have the left mirror added to the hud (F2 toggles the options I think). I try to use the mirrors in the cabin as much as possible and usually only look left or right when pulling out of a parking lot.

Also, I must say, that the 1010hp Scania mod is freaking nuts.

I tried the realistic physics mod, but since the roads aren't realistic, I nearly split my truck in half in that weird bowl tunnel coming out of Amersterdam. It just turns the suspension into jelly.

so, went from a 6x4 back to 4x2, because it didn't really feel any different :/ It would help if they mentioned some numbers on how the 6x2 and 6x4 change the attitude of the truck, and what loads are considered heavy and light...

also a lot of places say the MAN TGX is as good as the 750 hp Volvo, which im using now, i might buy it to see how it feels then use it for a driver. My one driver is pretty useless atm, earns, in the last three jobs, 1000, 980, and "couldnt find a job" :/

Oh you cunt.
This Manchester to Slovakia run, I hit a car in Osnabruck. I catapulted into the fucking sky, 100%damage. I hit assistance, ended up in aberfuckingdeen, it cost me 100k and I'm 3 days late.
Oh and I'm overdrawn.

do quick jobs, earn monies, get back on your feet

I always save right after dropping the load and right after picking up another. Then just save periodically during the trip. Prevents situations like that :p

I made it there, they didn't pay me cos I was late.
I'm gonna use cheat engine and give me the 140k that I should have had originally. The auto save fucked me on this one.

You can just turn off the fatigue simulator.. But, I'm curious, what's the effect of driving past the tired-limit? Will the reaction be poor or be more prone to under-steer?

In the old game the screen suddenly went black, which was exciting. Now it just dims a bit, which is boring. So you can drive along for ever and ever if you can stand the yawning.

I support Cowboys request for new stuff and I'll add links and Scandinavia to the list! Make an addon SCS! With snow and polish truckers stuck on hills. Wooo! Also real ferries to drive on at all ferry points, not just one.

(link)

Last edited:
In the old game the screen suddenly went black, which was exciting. Now it just dims a bit, which is boring. So you can drive along for ever and ever if you can stand the yawning.

the damn yawning makes me yawn D:

my first driver is finally earning something relevant, 2500 a job, second one is bone idle and "cant find work", useless git, you have two ADR certs! Do they get better drivers than 2.5 rating? I have quite a few cities discovered but that's highest i found on only one driver, going to pay back one 100k loan then think of adding another garage and another truck. Currently have 2 drivers on a MAN and a Scania

If you keep going beyond the time reaching 0 you get "Dozing..." coming on screen and you seem to lose some control. I don't know if something else happens if you keep pushing it.

After having read this thread and played the demo, I took the plunge and ordered a copy off of Amazon.co.uk, thanks to Blayde (cheaper than the digital version, and cheaper than what's on Amazon.com). $29, including shipping to here, but I have to wait until next week for it to arrive! :(

If you keep going beyond the time reaching 0 you get "Dozing..." coming on screen and you seem to lose some control. I don't know if something else happens if you keep pushing it.
I just eliminate it totally now by doing the following: Drop off the trailer, go get service/repairs, go sleep, pick up next job in the same town, on the way out fill up with petrol. So far, I've never been hit with the sleep bug after that. That said, my long distance is only at level 3, but I've maxed my ADR.

When you increase long distance, there will be trips that require multiple rest stops en route.

i dont get the point of the sleep area near the ferry/train, you anyway get rested

How to I get my twat drivers to take jobs where they drop off instead of drive ALL the way back to the shop? I am at about $22,000 a day and they are at about $2,000. Also can you only hire low rated drivers? Where are all the good ones?

I've been wondering that too, they're basically wasting time.. But it's probably just a way the AI works?

And about the low rating, I think it's designed so they level up like you do with experience.