Euro Truck Simulator 2

neutron

Now playing Euro Truck Simulator 2. It's a seriously awesome game, and I like it.
However, I had some problems after crossing La Manche.
2UQHA.jpg

Checked out the trailer and it made me :lol:

Does it have the prostitution murder expansion? :p

Speaking of truck games has anyone played King of the Roads? Now that was a fun game! :D

I played Euro Truck Simulator for many hours. It was pretty good. :D

I can't tell you how weird it is for me to see you people say you love truck driving simulators.....btw until they include kamikaze cyclists and brain dead housewives in berlingos in those games they will never be realistic :p

- - - Updated - - -

Btw a lot of windscreen cleaning and waiting around for idiot clients is also involved, I bet your fancy game does not include those does it! :p

Last edited:
It is included! Some of AI focuses and octavias are driven by llamas; and the wipers are on for an awful lot of time.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, roadworks and speed cameras fucking everywhere!

It is included! Some of AI focuses and octavias are driven by llamas; and the wipers are on for an awful lot of time.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, roadworks and speed cameras fucking everywhere!

There's also cars doing optimistic overtaking attempts at single lane roads and having to back out for oncoming traffic, random accidents (between AI) and a lovely AI and steering sim as well as nice interiors (obviously VERY IMPORTANT :p).
But here I've been trotting around half of Germany and only encountered nothing but traffic lights and weird ass offramps, I had to go to the Czech republic to find the first roundabouts. And there are plenty of them too! Hooray for not waiting at the light!

I've bought mah first truck for meself and one for my first and currently only employee (a Iveco). I operate out of Stuttgart and have mostly been driving Switzerland-Italy with the random offshoot to Kiel. As everyone I did works for others first, I had to take on the Swizz alps in a freaking Iveco, it was very very slow (27 km/h uphill) but also very enjoying. Nice scenery and a queue of every other car and truck behind you that can't get past. :lol:

Here's my truck. I'm only level 6 so I can't buy anything fancier. I've pimped it with lights and in cab license plate! :D
mahscania.jpg

Just before this I had been driving around like a madman looking for parking to take my rest. It's hard finding rest areas. Either I messed the first one I found up or the game simulates rest areas as being full.

Last edited:
:lol: you guys. I guess I know who buys those sims now.

Euro Truck is made by the same people as 18 Wheels of Steel, I always liked those games but they have certain issues.

Convoy was the best. Your mission: reverse a double trailer down a quarry.

I couldn't help but notice the "Surgery Simulator" on the video suggestions list.... wah? :blink:

Watch it. it was done by the same guy who made the vid i posted. It's hilariously bad.

There's also cars doing optimistic overtaking attempts at single lane roads and having to back out for oncoming traffic, random accidents (between AI) and a lovely AI and steering sim as well as nice interiors (obviously VERY IMPORTANT :p).
But here I've been trotting around half of Germany and only encountered nothing but traffic lights and weird ass offramps, I had to go to the Czech republic to find the first roundabouts. And there are plenty of them too! Hooray for not waiting at the light!

I've bought mah first truck for meself and one for my first and currently only employee (a Iveco). I operate out of Stuttgart and have mostly been driving Switzerland-Italy with the random offshoot to Kiel. As everyone I did works for others first, I had to take on the Swizz alps in a freaking Iveco, it was very very slow (27 km/h uphill) but also very enjoying. Nice scenery and a queue of every other car and truck behind you that can't get past. :lol:

Here's my truck. I'm only level 6 so I can't buy anything fancier. I've pimped it with lights and in cab license plate! :D
View attachment 8240

Just before this I had been driving around like a madman looking for parking to take my rest. It's hard finding rest areas. Either I messed the first one I found up or the game simulates rest areas as being full.

Goddammit AiR you are halfway wanting to make me play this thing for the 'build your own business' aspect......

Also the lack of rest areas and the ones there are being full is a very real and widespread problem throughout most of western Europe......this is why you see trucks parked everywhere at random in and around industrial estates at night......and why one tends to end up waken up by an angry mob.

I just realised I miss longhauling......ok well maybe not that part of longhauling.

Last edited:
The best truck simulator was 18 Wheels of Steel Across America and Pedal to the Metal, it all went downhill from there, damn you SCS.

saw some comments on alternate sources for Euro Truck Simulator 2, i lold

Is there the option to pick up prostitutes.

Do you get fined for illegal immigrants climbing in your truck

Also, anyone want a MoH Warfighter 50% discount code, i get it with bf3 premiums, but im not buying it. "VALID ONLY IN U.S, CANADA, IRELAND, DENMARK, FINLAND, GREAT BRITAIN, NORWAY AND SWEDEN"

Last edited:
I love the music they used for that video, and I'm downloading the free trial now. I have to at least give something like that a try, two of my friends are lorry drivers and they keep talking about it. :lol:

i am getting it too, i was disappointed by euro simulator 1, and extreme trucker, driving a road train was fun but it felt like a small game

Damn, just watched the trailer. Now I want. Is this the first game with licensed vehicles? I remembered them being generic but I could be wrong.

I just hope they increased the map size.

World of Subways?

Sounds like something I would play! I really need to get a new PC for all these shit simulators.
I think I'm going to install MS Train Sim when I get home tonight. I know for a fact my lappy can handle that.

Also on the topic of truck games.... Big Mutha Truckers.
Just gonna throw that out there.

Oh, and one more thing

Last edited:
I played big motha truckers........worst. game. ever. I remember finishing the 'storyline' in an afternoon and returning the thing the same day :p

I downloaded the Euro truck 2 demo yesterday, after fumbling around to get the controls somewhat decent I got underway, some thoughts:

I realize they are keeping distances between cities low and motorways bendy to keep things interesting, but for a simulation, it's not very realistic.

The whole drive/rest times thing is just wrong, the way it is IRL is that you get a number of hours (9) which after 4.5 and a half hours have to be interrupted by 45 minutes rest, then another 4.5, then you have to rest for 8 hours, then the whole thing starts again, except once per week you get 10 hours, and a maximum numbers of hours per week, and a weekend has to be 48, except if you......well the whole thing is mind-bendingly complicated and made up by burocrats so it makes no sense, at any rate it's a little more complicated then 'you have 10 hours remaining', again I realize this is because nobody cares about this stuff, but it's not very realistic.

Related to that, travel times are 'sped up' to correspond with the shorter distances between cities, only it does not jump accurately, I wish I could do Brussels to koln in 1 hour while using just one driving hour......but it's only going to happen if I strap rockets to the thing.
Because time seems to jump randomly it's beyond me how you are supposed to plan timed arrivals , everything time related seems to be pretty fucked up in general in this game.

Handling, these trucks seem to be on rails......if you are going to try some of these on-off ramps doing 90 IRL you will end up on the evening news with the damn thing overturned, slid down the embankement and on top of a bus filled with handicapped orphans.

The ability to stream online, IRL radio is brilliant, all driving games should have it! Creates a strange feeling of reality.

All in all I'm fairly underwhelmed, it feels a lot more like a game than a simulation (which I ques is the point), but you could not use it to give someone a 'feel' for driving a big one with it, let alone train him.......and yet it's strangely addictive.

Last edited:
Checked out the trailer and it made me :lol:

Does it have the prostitution murder expansion? :p

Speaking of truck games has anyone played King of the Roads? Now that was a fun game! :D

Just got home and watched the trailer. So many epic wants.
I need a new computer.

I downloaded it yesterday and spent a few hours on it, it somehow manages to be boring and addictive at the same time. I'm currently in massive debt but the free trial shows no sign of ending so I'm sticking with it. I canked the settings up initially but the frame rate was awful, so I'm stuck with Medium. My PC is showing its age.

I'm not sure if I was expecting a full scale map of Europe but I was surprised to find that it only takes 20 or so of my Earth minutes to drive to Amsterdam from London, and that the road signs only have one city on them in big letters. :lol:

Last edited:
Highway driving is a bit boring but city driving is hilarious. Top speed 55 mph in 12th gear, 30 mph requires 9 gear changes and 2 minutes :lol:

The controls are much improved over previous games if you take some time to set it up, I got my Xbox 360 controller working perfectly for the interior view, which requires a lot of mirror checking.

Starting in England may have been a mistake though, I can't figure out if speed limit signs are supposed to be in mph or kph as I keep getting tickets when I don't think I'm speeding. And yes, speed cameras.