Game: Assetto Corsa

I need money and somewhere to put the desktop...at least the G27 is already there. :lol:

It looks like the Evora S and the 12C will be in the next update if the facebook pictures are being consistent as an indicator.

They need feedback on what car brands you guys want for future development and DLC.

http://www.assettocorsa.net/we-need-your-opinion/

Strangely Alfa Romeo is winning.

Last edited:
Looking forward to any of those, I voted for Lancia but I'm happy with Alfas anyway.

Once the number of cars and tracks build up a bit I'll start a time attack league in the same way as the old Forza ones. :)

Save me the time of going back and reading all of these comments, is this game worth the money? It looks very good but looks can be deceiving so, should i buy it?

Considering the full price will probably be 50 Euros and you get the first DLC, yes, you should. Of course, the current content is not much, but there's updates every two weeks. And as far driving itself is concerned, there is no other sim out there that feels this natural to drive. Not my words, but from racing driver Nicky Catsburg ...

You also get the chance to be part of the developement, well, at least sort of. Pretty much all the Kunos employees are reading the official forums and answering suggestions, glitches, bugs etc.

Assetto Corsa

Ok, good points, I'll pick it up when I get home. It's $40US at the moment I think

Edit: have it now and just did a lap in the 458 at silverstone, wow, very cool! Did I miss something or wasn't this supposed to have the F40 already or is that a future release?

Last edited:
Dang, the website shows pictures of all those nice cars. A bit misleading. Oh well, great sim anyways!

This just in!

According to thier Facebook Page friday (6 Dec 13) will see the release of an update to include (so far):

Full Silverstone Curcuit
MP4-12C
Lotus Evora

Finally we will be able to pit the 458 vs 12C at Imola!

Last edited:
Can't decide if I want the next car to be the F40 or the 312 more...

EDIT: appears that the other car picture they posted was of an Exige Roadster.

Last edited:
Update 3 is live

Edit: Just did a couple of laps at Imola in the 12c and after doing tons of laps in the 458 over the last few days, the 12c was way easier to drive. I didnt expect that! This sim continues to amaze me at its beauty and its overall playability as a fun place to spend hours

Last edited:
You think so? Whereas the 458 shivers about a bit the McL seems a bit more stable, but it's just oversteery as fork for me - at least with TC off. With TC on 1 it is very managable. At least on Silverstone, tested it only there.
Also, I hate it that the driver isn't in the center of the screen in the MP4. :D Annoying ...
What I do really hate is the gearbox. In the 458 it shifts down at the exact moment I press the paddle. That's not really the case in the MP4 - is the delay really that big in real life? Spoils the bonus of having a double clutch paddle shift gearbox for me ...

Last edited:
You think so? Whereas the 458 shivers about a bit the McL seems a bit more stable, but it's just oversteery as fork for me - at least with TC off. With TC on 1 it is very managable. At least on Silverstone, tested it only there.
Also, I hate it that the driver isn't in the center of the screen in the MP4. :D Annoying ...
What I do really hate is the gearbox. In the 458 it shifts down at the exact moment I press the paddle. That's not really the case in the MP4 - is the delay really that big in real life? Spoils the bonus of having a double clutch paddle shift gearbox for me ...

I think your correct about the 12C being more stable. The whole time i was thinking something like what Jezza would say "the [Ferrari] is more of an event where the [12C] is more of a sterile drivers car. it does what you tell it and the Ferrari likes to do it when it feels like it and do it with flare!"

As far as the shifting, yes, i believe it IS that different in real life. Will consult a friend (Ferrari owner) who drives all kinda of these cars about this because now im curious.

Once i get Silverstone and Imola figured out in both cars ill post lap times and i would love to see how we all compare. Here is my idea:

MP4-12C at Silverstone (Full)
458 at Imola
NO aids
Full Fuel to start and default setup for the track
Edit: Cockpit view only
Best of ten laps. Practice as much as you would like but once you start you 10 laps then it will be the best time from that.

Im thinking maybe saying that once you post that time its STONE but thats just my idea.

This would run on thew Honor System. We did this for GT5 and it worked fine.

Anyways, thats my idea, whats yours? You guys willing to jump in on this?

Last edited:
^I support this idea. :D

I tried setting fast lap times on Mugello circuit. I'm currently at 1:48.xx with Zonda R, 1:52,xx with P4/5 and 2:10,xx with the 458. I know the times are weak(I saw people did 1:43 with Zonda R)and with the 458 I did just a couple of laps, but I'm curious what times you guys get. I played with the default car settings.

the only reason why im saying SLVR and Imola is because im familiar with those. The cars are just my preferred cars to start with because they are similar and my plan is to swap cars and tracks and see how they compare once everyone is done with the first chalenge. Another combination i have found to be fun is the Zonda at Monza so that is another one i would like to do in the future

About the not-so-centered steering wheel I just wrote... a buddy of mine pointed something out for me:

Anyone know if they are planning to add weather effects to the game?

I want to say i read something somewhere like "we are an office of 15 people so it may take us a while to do stuff but we are trying to bring you a real driving sim with complete emersion". Im confident that will invoilve weather i just dont think it will be any time soon. They could use the EA model and charge you $.99 for each raindrop or something but i dont think they would do that, lol.