Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I just finished playing...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    I just finished playing...

    What, loads of never-ending threads for TV shows, movies... but not for games? At least not based on my search...

    Anyways, just finished playing Life Is Strange episode 1. Since it's a 5€/3 hour experience I thought it doesn't quite need its own thread. Was good though. Definitely not for the mechanics-oriented gamer, but if you like immersive narrative experiences, then I'd recommend this. Great sound design, OK writing, OK characters, superb art style. Has some puzzles, none of them too difficult. Lots of choice as you progress, not so much in the way of consequences at least for the duration of the first episode. Execution of the graphics is probably the weakest part. It looks very dated, like 5 years old, on max settings. Good game nonetheless.
    Last edited by Jupix; February 21st, 2015, 6:00 PM.
    M-B 560 SEC 1989 | M-B 300 SEL 1989

    #2
    Originally posted by Jupix View Post
    What, loads of never-ending threads for TV shows, movies... but not for games? At least not based on my search...

    Anyways, just finished playing Life Is Strange episode 1. Since it's a 5€/3 hour experience I thought it doesn't quite need its own thread. Was good though. Definitely not for the mechanics-oriented gamer, but if you like immersive narrative experiences, then I'd recommend this. Great sound design, OK writing, OK characters, superb art style. Has some puzzles, none of them too difficult. Lots of choice as you progress, not so much in the way of consequences at least for the duration of the first episode. Execution of the graphics is probably the weakest part. It looks very dated, like 5 years old, on max settings. Good game nonetheless.
    i played this with my gf on the couch with the tv and xbox controller, i loved it, she loved it. I loved the graphics and visual style and thought it was alot better then most games imo. also soundtrack is superb.
    "How would you wrestle a helicopter?"

    Comment


      #3
      I played through Portal 2 again last week, quite hard to believe that it's nearly 4 years old now. Really feels short when you've already played through it before, even if you can't remember the exact solution to the tests you can work it out pretty quickly. Still a great experience, no surprise for a Valve game that it still looks and feels pretty fresh.

      Comment


        #4
        Originally posted by Jupix View Post
        Anyways, just finished playing Life Is Strange episode 1. Since it's a 5€/3 hour experience I thought it doesn't quite need its own thread. Was good though. Definitely not for the mechanics-oriented gamer, but if you like immersive narrative experiences, then I'd recommend this. Great sound design, OK writing, OK characters, superb art style.
        I've played it for a bit over an hour a few weeks ago, but haven't managed to resume since. I like the technical part of it, the immersion of the world, the visual style, the unusual playing mechanics, but... The characters and writing are worse than OK, imo. It's one reason why I can't bring myself to picking it up again. Dialogues and voice acting are quite cringeworthy, it's like a really bad MTV teen drama

        Comment


          #5
          In the last two weeks I finished two games: Dying Light and Resident Evil 1 Remastered. Dying Light was nice at beginning, but quickly became repetitive and quite boring. I finished it in almost two weeks, playing a couple of hours in the evenings just to kill time.
          Never finished any of the Resident Evil games, I remember trying one of the 3D person shooter ones(RE5 maybe?) but didn't like it, but yesterday morning I thought of giving a chance to the old ones so I started playing RE1 Remastered. It was a long time since a game got me so bad, that I finished it in one sitting(took me about 13-14h of actual gameplay to finish it). Great atmosphere, suspense and level design. Only the controls are a bit annoying(especially when aiming).

          Comment


            #6
            Originally posted by MXM View Post
            I've played it for a bit over an hour a few weeks ago, but haven't managed to resume since. I like the technical part of it, the immersion of the world, the visual style, the unusual playing mechanics, but... The characters and writing are worse than OK, imo. It's one reason why I can't bring myself to picking it up again. Dialogues and voice acting are quite cringeworthy, it's like a really bad MTV teen drama
            Gets better after you properly meet Chloe at around the 2 hour mark. I also took a loooong break after the first 90 or so minutes. That first half is mostly a tutorial and like you said, hasn't got the most interesting of characters.
            M-B 560 SEC 1989 | M-B 300 SEL 1989

            Comment


              #7
              Half Life 2, episode 1.

              yeah, talk about being late to a party

              I did not play the "episodes" back in the day because they seemed overpriced and I was spoiled for choice concerning games ... and now I got them over the steam sales where valve basically gave them away for free.
              I´m quite surprised how well these games still hold up to time and I quite like the shorter format.

              Next up is episode 2

              beautiful language - milk&water - baseball vs. football - best god in show

              Comment


                #8
                Originally posted by Interrobang View Post
                Half Life 2, episode 1.

                yeah, talk about being late to a party

                I did not play the "episodes" back in the day because they seemed overpriced and I was spoiled for choice concerning games ... and now I got them over the steam sales where valve basically gave them away for free.
                I´m quite surprised how well these games still hold up to time and I quite like the shorter format.

                Next up is episode 2
                I started HL2 a few weeks ago, haven't had the time to pick it up again. Maybe the fact that I got to Ravenholm has something to do with it
                When I finish it I'll have to try Black Mesa since I never played HL1.

                Comment


                  #9
                  Originally posted by 47 View Post
                  I started HL2 a few weeks ago, haven't had the time to pick it up again. Maybe the fact that I got to Ravenholm has something to do with it
                  When I finish it I'll have to try Black Mesa since I never played HL1.
                  I remember playing Ravenholm and being too scared to finish it for the longest time.

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Originally posted by Interrobang View Post

                    Next up is episode 2
                    aaaand done.

                    Liked it even better than ep1 I have to say.

                    beautiful language - milk&water - baseball vs. football - best god in show

                    Comment


                      #11
                      Originally posted by Interrobang View Post
                      aaaand done.

                      Liked it even better than ep1 I have to say.
                      Yeah, ep2 was worlds better.

                      From playing it I fondly remember the transition to the open areas of the wilderness as opposed to the urban setting of ep1.
                      M-B 560 SEC 1989 | M-B 300 SEL 1989

                      Comment


                        #12
                        The saints row games!

                        Comment


                          #13
                          Recently completed the Walking Dead Season Two. Lots of fun trying to decide between the choices and having to fight the desire to go back and see what would have happened if I had gone through differing choices. Very enjoyable and even more so that it's canon to the comic book.

                          Comment


                            #14
                            Life is strange ep2. It was bullshit.
                            M-B 560 SEC 1989 | M-B 300 SEL 1989

                            Comment


                              #15
                              Forza Motorsport 4

                              I finally completed the game 100% and it took about 150 hours worth of gaming. The game is very good, but I have to say that I had more fun with Forza 2. I propably wont play any car games for a long time, because enough is enough.

                              Rating= 8/10

                              DIABLO 3

                              I have never been fan of Diablo, but I got this game for a little money, so why not give it a try? It ran really well with my "old" laptop and it was pretty fun too especially with other players. I liked the random items, pretty cool combat and the fact that the game is pretty short, so I didnt get bored once. You should propably repeat the game many times with even harder difficulties, but one playtrought was enough for me. Solid RPG.

                              Rating= 7/10

                              I dont know what game to buy next, but I propably will play one of the Fallouts for the millionth time...

                              Is Far Cry 4 any good? I liked the 3rd one and the first Far Cry is one of the best shooters ever made.
                              Supporting in the World of Motorsport 2017: Kimi Räikkönen, Valtteri Bottas, Kurt Busch, Danilo Petrucci and Johann Zarco.

                              Now Driving: Audi A5

                              Comment


                                #16
                                After 7 months (got the game last christmas) i finally finished playing Far Cry 4. I liked the game but i still prefer Far Cry 3 because it had a better story...

                                Comment


                                  #17
                                  I dont really mind the story that much, but if the gameplay is close to Far Cry 3, it sounds good. I liked the most to explore and capture the enemy bases anyway.
                                  Supporting in the World of Motorsport 2017: Kimi Räikkönen, Valtteri Bottas, Kurt Busch, Danilo Petrucci and Johann Zarco.

                                  Now Driving: Audi A5

                                  Comment


                                    #18
                                    Originally posted by Brabham View Post
                                    I dont really mind the story that much, but if the gameplay is close to Far Cry 3, it sounds good. I liked the most to explore and capture the enemy bases anyway.
                                    FC4 is a reskinned version of FC3, but the world is more interesting, i think.

                                    Comment


                                      #19
                                      How I wish they ripped Uplay out of that thing so that I could play it...
                                      M-B 560 SEC 1989 | M-B 300 SEL 1989

                                      Comment


                                        #20
                                        Originally posted by Jupix View Post
                                        How I wish they ripped Uplay out of that thing so that I could play it...
                                        I played without Uplay on my Xbox One...

                                        You don't need Uplay to play it at all.

                                        Comment

                                        Working...
                                        X