Lord of the Rings prequel TV series on Amazon

stiggie

pop
Car(s)
Golf GTI
Awesome! To me it's further proof that the classic movie industry is being overtaken by high budget shows made by on-demand companies.

You hearing this Disney? Show set in the Star Wars verse, something about the little people and their daily lives in the rise of the Empire era?

What I don't understand is how the Tolkien Estate went from being so vehemently opposed to Tolkien's works being filmed, to letting somebody create their own TV series set in Tolkien's world. They couldn't stop The Lord of the Rings and the Hobbit from being made because J.R.R. Tolkien had sold the rights before he died, but this new series would have required the Tolkien Estate's approval.

income from LOTR or the hobbit is running dry, so they're selling more and more filmingrights?

Is this still a thing?

Amazon spent $250 million acquiring the rights so I imagine it is still a thing. I don't think production has started and I couldn't find a date for when its gonna release either.

Electric-Mayhem;n3544521 said:
Amazon spent $250 million acquiring the rights so I imagine it is still a thing. I don't think production has started and I couldn't find a date for when its gonna release either.

Ok cool, thanks. I'll keep on the lookout for it.